Death Becomes us
Our exploits as well as I could capture them can be seen here. Unfortunately with me dying so regularly it was difficult for me to get a shot of the big action.

Well last night I was questing in Desolace when I get a whisper to go trash the Crossroads. So I jump on the next Gryphon to Theramore and hoof it with Flyndar, Lochnar, and Niniuin. I think we aroused some suspicion and a Undead Rogue, Phaeton, started shadowing us. This was just a prelude of things to come. Storming into the Crossroads we were doing some major damage to the guards (who kept respawning). Suddenly everything went gray for me as i realized another Undead Rogue had snuck up and killed me.
The battle raged for a while with us being overrun by 2 level 60 shamans, Tender and Lono, as well as a 51 and 60 Undead Rogue amongst others. We took a dancing break and there was much dueling cross faction and amongst shamans. We decided to commense the raiding and were once again stomped, even with the help of Merana from The Basin.
After a few more attempts we decided to head to RfD. While we were about halfway through we were overrun by a train of elites that easily must have numbered over 40 mobs. GM having some fun? We regrouped and finished off the instance without getting the drop that brought us there in the first place.
This lead to a later night than originally anticipated, but probably one of the best WoW memories ever. I just wish I got better shots of the mob.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Thanks Arethor for those great screenshots. Its nice to have a change of pace and PvP the Horde. The guys we were fighting were honorable and skilled. I see these raids as a good start to understanding what Battlegrounds will be like. Also, dueling allows you to know your enemy and find their strengths and weaknesses. I think all of us agreed those two Shamans, Tender and Lono, were incredibly powerful and we had a difficult time with them. Much fun and i look forward to doing more of that:)
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
Thanks for posting the shots. In case anyone didn't notice, the green hooded splat on the ground in many of the shots is me. It was a fun thing to give a try. The best part of the evening though was the ghoul rush in RfD. I had never seen so many red names in one place. I was laughing so hard I could hardly type. I still wish I was recording DPS with the arcane explosions I set off in the crowd. There was no chance I was getting out of that crowd but I wanted to give them a little sting so they knew I was there. If it was a GM having fun in the late night, I wish they would have let us know. They really created a highlight and I loved the rush I felt when I saw that train of red come around the bend.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Sword_of_Doom,Feb 19 2005, 12:38 AM Wrote:Thanks Arethor for those great screenshots.  Its nice to have a change of pace and PvP the Horde.  The guys we were fighting were honorable and skilled.  I see these raids as a good start to understanding what Battlegrounds will be like.  Also, dueling allows you to know your enemy and find their strengths and weaknesses.  I think all of us agreed those two Shamans, Tender and Lono, were incredibly powerful and we had a difficult time with them.  Much fun and i look forward to doing more of that:)
[right][snapback]68415[/snapback][/right]

That train of undead was something i have never seen in this game and i have experienced a lot of trains. It wiped most of us instantly. My thinking was it was GM having some fun at our expense but who knows, could have been a bug.
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
Sword_of_Doom,Feb 18 2005, 08:46 PM Wrote:That train of undead was something i have never seen in this game and i have experienced a lot of trains.  It wiped most of us instantly.  My thinking was it was GM having some fun at our expense but who knows, could have been a bug.
[right][snapback]68417[/snapback][/right]

We ran into that same thing when we went to RFD - was Ninuin using Consecration? I had used consecration just prior to that.
Arethor,Feb 18 2005, 12:27 PM Wrote:After a few more attempts we decided to head to RfD.  While we were about halfway through we were overrun by a train of elites that easily must have numbered over 40 mobs.  GM having some fun?
[right][snapback]68387[/snapback][/right]

Not in the least. As those of you who have been to RFD know, much of the instance is a huge, spiralling tower that takes up the middle of a large room, with Amnennar the Coldbringer at the top. Mobs all the way up, of course. There are proximity/LOS issues with the tower, such that if you go up the tower or circle it too close, you can aggro a creature near the top of the tower. Since mobs don't jump off things to get to you, it takes the long way down. And on the way, it brings some friends.

To avoid: stick to the outside edge as you climb the tower, and hug the outside wall even if you're not going up the tower yet.
Shaman are excellent at kiting, but pretty weak when it comes to melee. Neutralize their method of kiting (usually Frost Shock spam and the occasional Earthbind), and you've got a major advantage. After they use the predictable NS+HW combo, they don't have any major heals left (ILHW is effective, but it's interruptable.) Granted, all of my experience is in duels, and everyone knows duels don't much count.

In group PvP, Shaman are mostly relegated to totem- and heal-bots, with the occasional Frost Shock or Earth Shock (rank 1 if they're smart; they need their mana for totems and heals, not nukes) tossed in. Main reason I chose Warrior over Shaman - I like being able to wade into groups of people and do a lot of damage before dying in a hail of gunfire and spellfire.

I'm currently in hiatus (taking care of Real Life™ stuff, and breaking the addiction) for a couple of weeks, but when I return, we're planning on wiping multiple towns off the map simultaneously. A major guild will be taking a town on its own (we're planning on wiping Southshore, Astranaar, Menethil Harbor, and Auberdine all at once), and then the two guilds taking care of Menethil and Auberdine (we're taking Menethil) will converge on Theramore and assassinate Jaina.

Initially we considered razing Darnassus, but the lag with 40 or 50 people in the same area at once becomes absurd. We decided causing Alliance eyes to bleed from WorldDefense spam would be better :)

I'll do my best to post screenshots of the event.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
After learning the hard way, you HAVE to stick to the outer wall of RfD. If anyone gets too close, down come the whole damn pile.

Strangely enough the first zerging was seen from quite a ways off so one of us made it out alive, preventing a total wipe. Everybody but Amennar came down to get us, hilarious :)

When he re-entered the instance most of the pack were milling at the spot they were when he reached the portal. So there was this huge clump of mobs clogging the tunnel :D Eventually they all teleported home.