UI mods and trojans
Glad to hear that they are going to make addon migration between patches easier (thanks for the news post on that Mongo), but I do wonder if that was also prompted by the Trojan virus alert on the WoW forums (by the way, the file containing the Trojan is cosmosfix.exe for those who don't want to sort through all the posts in the thread). I'm really hoping that this will light a fire under Blizzard to hurry up work on the default UI. They said since the beginning that they would be looking at the most popular features of the UI mods and incorporating them into the default UI. How long does it take to just put in extra hotbars? That's one of the biggest things that people want. Even I get tempted to put in a UI mod specifically for extra bars.
Intolerant monkey.
Extra bars and a quest text scroll that is above 4th grade reading level. Is that so much to ask? :P
Sir_Die_alot,Feb 16 2005, 03:14 PM Wrote:Extra bars and a quest text scroll that is above 4th grade reading level. Is that so much to ask? :P
[right][snapback]68215[/snapback][/right]
Perhaps CTMod is for you? It's Cosmos without all the extra junk. What I use.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Treesh,Feb 16 2005, 07:10 AM Wrote:Glad to hear that they are going to make addon migration between patches easier (thanks for the news post on that Mongo)
Is this going to be different from just unchecking "check version compatibility" on the addon list? That worked for all the addons I use (nine if you cound gypsy as one). I haven't even bothered to look for updated post-patch versions...

-- frink

edit: close a tag
Professor Frink,Feb 16 2005, 05:43 PM Wrote:Is this going to be different from just unchecking "check version compatibility" on the addon list?  That worked for all the addons I use (nine if you cound gypsy as one).  I haven't even bothered to look for updated post-patch versions...

Yes, it sounds like it'll be a fancier more user friendly version of that.
Professor Frink,Feb 16 2005, 06:43 PM Wrote:Is this going to be different from just unchecking "check version compatibility" on the addon list?  That worked for all the addons I use (nine if you cound gypsy as one).  I haven't even bothered to look for updated post-patch versions...

-- frink

edit: close a tag
[right][snapback]68246[/snapback][/right]

Currently if you use say Cosmos and the game patches and you don't update the mod when you log in you get a "Your Interface Folder is out of date" with the options to delete it or exit the game. You don't have the chance to even check the "ignore version" box under the AddOn's button because it won't even let you get that far. Now you can rename the interface folder go in then check that and then exit game and move the Interface folder back but that can be a pain if you forget. The ignore versioning stuff seems to reset to check the version info with each new patch as well. So the change will essentially allow you get in there to tell it to ignore version information without having to move your Interface folder around.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.