second favorite trinket
Using the scale Carrot on a Stick = 10 <> Argent Dawn Commision = 0, which trinket is 9, the second most useful?

Mark of the Chosen, chance for +stats on on taking a hit, is Spangles' choice as a warrior. Preference is probably class dependent.

Linken's Boomerang is Most Fun Trinket, but rusts in the bank because of cooldown time.

[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
You might like a trinket that drops of Angerforge, then... ;)
I'm all about my Boot Flask. :D
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Feb 14 2005, 12:59 PM Wrote:I'm all about my Boot Flask.&nbsp; :D
[right][snapback]68060[/snapback][/right]

I love that Boot Flask. Especially since my normal group is Rogue, Hunter, Hunter, Priest, Priest. Yeah, we're unbalanced and have no AoE :P
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Uther's Strength is a solid 7 for me. It's always fun to be fighting a paladin and then *pop!* I have a holy deflecting aura. :)
Ynir,Feb 14 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:Using the scale Carrot on a Stick = 10 <> Argent Dawn Commision = 0, which trinket is 9, the second most useful?

Mark of the Chosen, chance for +stats on on taking a hit, is Spangles' choice as a warrior. Preference is probably class dependent.

Linken's Boomerang is Most Fun Trinket, but rusts in the bank because of cooldown time.
[right][snapback]68058[/snapback][/right]

Carrot on a Stick = 0.

Mithril Spurs work just fine if I need the extra speed, and there are far better things than a negligible mount-speed increase. At least the carrot was worth around 80s.

For me, I have Mark of the Chosen on myself permanently and switch out Chained Essence of Eranikus and Linken's Boomerang as cooldowns permit. Killing someone with Linken's Boomerang never gets old.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Picolo of the Flaming Pyre = 11. It causes all players within a certain radius to dance. It so rocks.

The mini-cannon you get in Stratholme is fabulous. It cracks me up every time to see this little cannon pop out, take some pot-shots and then burst and crumble. It's also a useful aoe attack. Useful and funny. Hard to beat that combination.

The trinket that summons the three Barov family servants to "fight, cook, and clean for you," is also hystically funny.

Via the usebyname function someone wrote, I have a little row of macros which switch out my trinkets (most of these I keep on a bar I have to flip to, but carrot I keep on my main). I also use AutoTrinketBar which gives me instant access.

I use:
Second Wind ( http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=16372 )
Mark of Resolution ( http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=19445 )
Carrot
Linkin's Boomerang
Nifty Stopwatch
Argent Dawn Com.

Mark of the Chosen isn't much use to a caster. It's worth mentioning that the 25 sta and 25 int do pretty much nothing, since they don't heal/restore mana the same amount. It's the 25 str and 25 agi that have use, just not at all for a caster.

Artega,Feb 14 2005, 10:20 PM Wrote:Carrot on a Stick = 0.

Mithril Spurs work just fine if I need the extra speed, and there are far better things than a negligible mount-speed increase.&nbsp; At least the carrot was worth around 80s.

Carrot stacks with spurs, carrot also appears to have no cooldown whatsoever, which means I can swap it in right after I mount. It's certainly noticable when I am trying to ride someone down in PvP, otherwise not so much.

I had a macro which used my carrot everytime I mounted, but I found sometimes I wanted to hold on to my previous trinket.
10% faster speed isn't enough to ride someone down. They'll reach the guards before you reach them.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
Artega,Feb 16 2005, 07:22 PM Wrote:10% faster speed isn't enough to ride someone down.&nbsp; They'll reach the guards before you reach them.
[right][snapback]68212[/snapback][/right]

Just not true. I've done it plenty of times. Obviously not if you're right outside of a town. But I often do anti-ganker patrolling, and routinuely ride down the gankers as they try to flee from splintertree back to astranaar, or try to get out of sun rock. Just the other night I rode down a Night Elf that tried to harass a guildee in the eastern plaguelands.

It's true you need a good a distance for it to count, so it doesn't come up all the time, but it's certainly a nice thing when you can.
Once I get within Charge range of them, they die no matter how much faster I was moving.

If they reach the guards, I just kill them inside the town, and then kill all the guards and NPCs out of spite.

Warriors can do that, and that's the main reason I prefer being a Warrior :)

So, for me, I'd much rather have Mark of the Chosen and something like Chained Essence of Eranikus rather than waste one of my precious two slots on something pretty much useless, like Carrot on a Stick.
Artega,Feb 17 2005, 03:54 PM Wrote:Once I get within Charge range of them, they die no matter how much faster I was moving.
[right][snapback]68306[/snapback][/right]

How do you propose to get into range for the charge? All things being equal, ie they have mithril spurs and a 60% mount as do you then the carrot on a stick would make the difference for you to close the distance in order to charge.

I know in Beta, and I doubt its changed much in retail, the top PvP'ers would make all speed to get to Zul in order to get that trinket.

Edit: And nothing says you need to keep the trinket on at all times taking up inventory space. When I have it I put it on a hot bar and switch when mounting up.
Tal,Feb 17 2005, 05:36 PM Wrote:How do you propose to get into range for the charge? All things being equal, ie they have mithril spurs and a 60% mount as do you then the carrot on a stick would make the difference for you to close the distance in order to charge.

I know in Beta, and I doubt its changed much in retail, the top PvP'ers would make all speed to get to Zul in order to get that trinket.

Edit: And nothing says you need to keep the trinket on at all times taking up inventory space. When I have it I put it on a hot bar and switch when mounting up.
[right][snapback]68308[/snapback][/right]

Generally speaking, I'm either already in Charge range, or I won't ever be. Chasing someone down really isn't a feasible option, ever. They'll either call for backup or reach the guards (which is more annoyance than anything else at lvl 58) before you close the gap.

I generally call for a little help while I'm chasing someone; a Druid at the right place instantly ends their life.
Glimmering Mithril Insignia gets my vote. The fear immune is invaluable in PvP. It means my rogue can kill a priest with impunity and be lazy against a warlock.
Artega,Feb 18 2005, 09:03 AM Wrote:Generally speaking, I'm either already in Charge range, or I won't ever be.&nbsp; Chasing someone down really isn't a feasible option, ever.&nbsp; They'll either call for backup or reach the guards (which is more annoyance than anything else at lvl 58) before you close the gap.

I generally call for a little help while I'm chasing someone; a Druid at the right place instantly ends their life.
[right][snapback]68371[/snapback][/right]

Not at all, my friend! In tricky terrain, follow them, watch where they ride, don't make their mistakes, and you will close the distance.

But I agree, the carrot's garbage.

Chained Essence of Eranikus and Mithril Insignia.

Bootflask when it refreshes.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
MongoJerry,Feb 15 2005, 03:38 PM Wrote:Picolo of the Flaming Pyre = 11.&nbsp; It causes all players within a certain radius to dance.&nbsp; It so rocks.

The mini-cannon you get in Stratholme is fabulous.&nbsp; It cracks me up every time to see this little cannon pop out, take some pot-shots and then burst and crumble.&nbsp; It's also a useful aoe attack.&nbsp; Useful and funny.&nbsp; Hard to beat that combination.

The trinket that summons the three Barov family servants to "fight, cook, and clean for you," is also hystically funny.
[right][snapback]68143[/snapback][/right]

Would you happen to know the damage on the cannon? I'm going to get it if it kills me (I'm sure it will).
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Just acquired Ramstein's Lightning Bolts. Does 500 Nature damage to all nearby targets, 5 minute cooldown.

Ran around with a group, with all five of us spamming it. If those lowbies weren't Alliance in the "contested" territory of Wetlands, I'd almost feel sorry for them.