Server Shutdown
Thunderhorn is having trouble tonight, but I found this interesting and snapped a screenshot (black box placed over some kid's profanity). Shortly afterwards, the message "[Server] Shutdown Cancelled" appeared... and then the server went down once more.

Anyone else notice messages like this ingame? It's the first time I've seen anything like it.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Feb 14 2005, 01:47 AM Wrote:Anyone else notice messages like this ingame?  It's the first time I've seen anything like it.
[right][snapback]68016[/snapback][/right]

Yes, at the end of the European Beta; only that time, it was "shutdown in 0:15", i.e. 15 seconds. ;-)

And I was running away from a Felguard at the time.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Quite often actually, in the US beta. they usually gave us only 5 minutes.

Got it once when My party reached van cleef after 3 grueling hours. they shut down the server right as we started fighting him :/

Respawning all alone right in front of him when the server came back up wasn't very nice either. :rolleyes:
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Zarathustra,Feb 13 2005, 06:47 PM Wrote:Thunderhorn is having trouble tonight, but I found this interesting and snapped a screenshot (black box placed over some kid's profanity).  Shortly afterwards, the message "[Server] Shutdown Cancelled" appeared... and then the server went down once more.

Anyone else notice messages like this ingame?  It's the first time I've seen anything like it.
[right][snapback]68016[/snapback][/right]

If you're ever on before the weekly maintenance, these messages come on.

They used to tick every 15 seconds for 15 minutes. Now when there's weekly maintenance they tick every minute until the last few minutes, when it will switch to 15 seconds.

It was pretty annoying to have the 15 second ticks start at 15 minutes.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.