Question about d2 accelerator
Hi all..

I am trying to insatll Foxbat's accelerator on my wife's machine. It's an older Gateway with a 600 AMD and a 32mb vid card. It was pretty good six years ago. :)

Anyway, I messed up a file (long story) and un- and re-installed the entire game and then installed the accelerator. The problem is that after I make my adjustments in the accelerator and start the "accelerated" game, I have no NPCs in town, no merc, no monsters and no valk (although the char goes through the valk animation and the mana ball drops.

In the normal game mode, the game plays just fine and all my "friends" are around me.

I realize that Foxbat has kinda retired from D2 and that his accelerator is "unsupported" but I thought that someone here might be able to lend a hand.

Any help is, of course, greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Mike

ps...for anyone interested, the entire gorey details are in this thread, at the Amazon Basin.
zorton,Feb 13 2005, 06:01 PM Wrote:Hi all..

I am trying to insatll Foxbat's accelerator on my wife's machine.  It's an older Gateway with a 600 AMD and a 32mb vid card.  It was pretty good six years ago.  :)

Anyway, I messed up a file (long story) and un- and re-installed the entire game and then installed the accelerator.  The problem is that after I make my adjustments in the accelerator and start the "accelerated" game, I have no NPCs in town, no merc, no monsters and no valk (although the char goes through the valk animation and the mana ball drops.

In the normal game mode, the game plays just fine and all my "friends" are around me.

I realize that Foxbat has kinda retired from D2 and that his accelerator is "unsupported" but I thought that someone here might be able to lend a hand.

Any help is, of course, greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Mike

ps...for anyone interested, the entire gorey details are in this thread, at the Amazon Basin.
[right][snapback]68011[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like a software compatibility issue where mulitple programs are trying to use the same function of the video driver in memory. My friend is currently having the same problem with WOW and his ATI-9800 All-In-One video card where as soon as he joins the realms, he can't see PC's and after about 1-5 minutes, his computer will freeze up. Very annoying! I'd suggest updating all your drivers and checking for firmware updates to your video card and bios and seeing if that solves your problem. If that dosen't help, then theres a small chance it's a registry problem, but I'd be surprised if your complete reinstall didn't reset these values.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I think you are talking about DiabloI not DiabloII.
The problem is that after I make my adjustments in the accelerator and start the "accelerated" game, I have no NPCs in town, no merc, no monsters and no valk (although the char goes through the valk animation and the mana ball drops.

if so, the reason why always your mana ball drops and there is no merc, no monsters and no valk appear in the sreen, maybe, because of a Gold uniqu Ring . the ring is a good thing , but it has smthing that will make unpleasant : all your resist will full , right? but it will make you losing HP or MP all the time.
when you get it on , then your mana ball will droping as the time goes on
*hi~!I am John. 21years old. I am a chinese. creay about Diablo2!
my yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hallo. Ich bin John. 21jahr alt. Ich bin ein Chinese.
Meine yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hola!Soy John.Soy chino.
esto es mi yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*大家好!我叫林洵。中国人,21岁。是暗黑破坏神的忠实玩家。
我的雅虎:diablo_john11。我的QQ:408687898
*お早うございます!私は林询と申します!中国人です。。。二十一歲です!
私の雅虎:diablo_john11 私のQQ:408687898(中国地区限り)
I forgot if I've tried foxbat's D2 Accelerator before. Maybe it works only on older versions of Diablo 2, but "breaks" when used with later versions?

Also, there's the Klay's D2 Game Enhancer (KD2GE) that's also an accelerator too (spell effects minimized so frame rate is somewhat increased, etc). I think I tried it with v1.09d before, but don't know if it works with v1.10 though.

~~~~~~
(OT)
ICanChangTheWorld, is that signature you? You write 5 languages? "chinese" should be capitalized, while I suppose you mean "crazy" by "creay". Your surname is Lin/Lim?
Edit: Hehe, sorry for bumping an old topic, it was covered on the amazonbasin forums. I deleted my earlier post.

I still have a question of my own:
Is there a diablo 1.11 compatible accelerator available somewhere?

I'm not counting on foxbat to come up with a new version:)

Greetings.
Something Dutch,Nov 8 2005, 06:09 AM Wrote:Edit: Hehe, sorry for bumping an old topic, it was covered on the amazonbasin forums. I deleted my earlier post.

I still have a question of my own:
Is there a diablo 1.11 compatible accelerator available somewhere?

I'm not counting on foxbat to come up with a new version:)

Greetings.
[right][snapback]94381[/snapback][/right]

Out of curiosity, does it help if you lower all your ingame graphic's settings to the lowest possible? I also know that D2Loader has many attribute extensions you can add to the Target File that might be able to "tweak" some of the graphic's settings, but don't ask me where you can find it because I stopped playing D2 a LONG time ago.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
MEAT,Nov 12 2005, 04:05 AM Wrote:Out of curiosity, does it help if you lower all your ingame graphic's settings to the lowest possible? I also know that D2Loader has many attribute extensions you can add to the Target File that might be able to "tweak" some of the graphic's settings, but don't ask me where you can find it because I stopped playing D2 a LONG time ago.
[right][snapback]94618[/snapback][/right]

Yes lowering the settings helps alot, i run diablo in software mode with the lowest possible detail. Never heard about D2Loader though, i'll look it up right now.

Also, defragmenting my harddrive every 2 weeks is crucial for a smooth diablo experience:)