Checking Guild Names Availability?

A question regarding Guild Names and their availability on servers:

Registering a Guild Name on a server of your choice requires that you purchase a scroll at a Guild Master on the server. It costs 10 pieces of silver and you register the name of your choice while you buy the scroll. However, until you have the level and money to purchase a Guild Scroll, it may take well between 2 and 3 hours after starting a new char on a server.

So, is there a way to check if the Guild Name you plan to register has already been taken by another person, and if, what would be the command to view or list all guilds on that server?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Feb 13 2005, 09:07 AM Wrote:A question regarding Guild Names and their availability on servers:

Registering a Guild Name on a server of your choice requires that you purchase a scroll at a Guild Master on the server. It costs 10 pieces of silver and you register the name of your choice while you buy the scroll. However, until you have the level and money to purchase a Guild Scroll, it may take well between 2 and 3 hours after starting a new char on a server.

So, is there a way to check if the Guild Name you plan to register has already been taken by another person, and if, what would be the command to view or list all guilds on that server?
[right][snapback]67982[/snapback][/right]

The only check I can think of is to /who your proposed guild name. This will run a search on all players of that guild or name. If players show up without your proposed guild name in their player name, then you know your name's been taken.
Skandranon,Feb 13 2005, 06:43 PM Wrote:The only check I can think of is to /who your proposed guild name.  This will run a search on all players of that guild or name.  If players show up without your proposed guild name in their player name, then you know your name's been taken.
[right][snapback]67992[/snapback][/right]
Thanks! I'll check this immediately :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Feb 13 2005, 07:07 AM Wrote:A question regarding Guild Names and their availability on servers:

[right][snapback]67982[/snapback][/right]

Especially soon after launch, another problem is that between when you buy your scroll and when you get enough signatures to turn it in, someone may beat you to the name. Then you're just plain out 10s and have to start over.

It happened to me:
Guild creation bug
vor_lord,Feb 14 2005, 02:19 PM Wrote:Especially soon after launch, another problem is that between when you buy your scroll and when you get enough signatures to turn it in, someone may beat you to the name.  Then you're just plain out 10s and have to start over.

It happened to me:
Guild creation bug
[right][snapback]68043[/snapback][/right]
Ugh ... that's nasty!

On the other hand, it's typical Blizzard ;)