Blizzard ready to make Diablo 3?
JustAGuy,Feb 13 2005, 04:50 PM Wrote:I was reading the rumour control article over at Gamespot and found this little gem. The last rumour says the following:
[right][snapback]67957[/snapback][/right]

The first thing I thought was a certain wetware activity that most PCGamer readers wouldn't be aware of <\harsh>

Diablo 3? I wish. More likely an exclusive Oblivion hands-on.
Diablo III? :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[wcip]Angel,Feb 2 2006, Wrote:Diablo III? :)
[right][snapback]100928[/snapback][/right]

Didn't most of the Diablo development team jump ship a few years ago? How can new employees work with the same development team. I doubt those folks have come back.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Gaming Steve D3 Rumormongering.

I don't want to get my hopes up, so I'll permit myself no more than a small w00t!
Thanks for the nice link.

bigeyedbug,Feb 4 2006, 06:37 PM Wrote:Gaming Steve D3 Rumormongering. 

I don't want to get my hopes up, so I'll permit myself no more than a small w00t!
[right][snapback]101169[/snapback][/right]
Quote:The core gameplay Beelzebub 3 will play pretty much like Beelzebub 1 and 2, but the game world will be much larger and provide a much deeper experience -- many more items, more levels when you go through the game for first time, more skills, more of everything. In addition, the multiplayer aspect will be greatly enhanced from the past installments and don't be surprised to see more than a couple of WoW-based concepts to leak over into the Beelzebub 3 universe ... such as two opposing factions (Alliance and Horde = Heaven and Hell), enhanced guild functionality, and maybe even mounts?!
It will play like I and II? I and II didn't play all that similarly to one another, other than being in 3rd person view. No Friendly Fire (hehe, unless you were Variant Scum) no tiles, no generic spells, no sockets, no gems, curses . . .

Of course, they were similar in that genocide versus Demons, Monsters, and Undead was a core premise, the XP grind, the linearity of the storyline, and the attraction to morons on bnet. :(

A deeper experience made by items? All that makes for, if I may quote Sirian, is "a bigger Piñata to crack open." My best experience in Diablo I was the 3@30 and Immortal Hero challenges, and some insanely funny MP episodes with friends. My best experiences in D II were all about the three dot HC FOS team, thehilarious three dot Legion of Greiz team (thanks again, Lemming, Doc, Hawk, Charis, Frug, et al :lol: ), and the slackers team I didn't finish. (due to a war :( ) Thanks to Shishak and Shadow ensuring helping SmOcchi_TheBare make it through Baal Hell.

Items didn't make for the playing experience. What did KoP say? "Items are for wimps!" ;)

True 3D would be an interesting improvement, but has the story arc gone stale? What options are there for real growth, rather than another grind? Chris Menzen will doubtless have a hand in that . . .

We shall see.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Feb 7 2006, 07:33 AM Wrote:but has the story arc gone stale?
Occhi
[right][snapback]101288[/snapback][/right]
What story arc? :P
whyBish,Feb 7 2006, 04:09 AM Wrote:What story arc?&nbsp; :P
[right][snapback]101369[/snapback][/right]

Read the Fine Manual. :D
"One day, o-n-e day..."
whyBish,Feb 6 2006, 10:09 PM Wrote:What story arc?&nbsp; :P
[right][snapback]101369[/snapback][/right]
The part where the Sisters of the Sightless Eye decide to embark on an Evangelical movement in opposition to the sordid and broken mess the Zakarum made of their prostelization ambitions (act III Diablo II ref there, as well as Paladin Class notes ref) and . . . oh, wait, that was my story arc.

Sorry. :(

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
ok D3 as MMORPG doesnt mean they will have a pay to play fee just means they plan on maken it big and if they do expand it then i wouldnt expect to much seeing as the first 2 books (the ones that come with the game) even tell u how it all ends if ne of u even read them (i didnt i dont read i let my bro do that crap) and if they did make one i wouldnt expect it to be midevil either it would proly be some dracula 3000 crap good or not thats just what id expect to happen like a piece of world stone lands on some other planet years from now or some crap like that but thats just what i think feel free to talk #$%& since i know u will

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Hadriel,Feb 7 2006, 05:26 PM Wrote:ok D3 as MMORPG doesnt mean they will have a pay to play fee just means they plan on maken it big and if they do expand it then i wouldnt expect to much seeing as the first 2 books (the ones that come with the game) even tell u how it all ends if ne of u even read them (i didnt i dont read i let my bro do that crap) and if they did make one i wouldnt expect it to be midevil either it would proly be some dracula 3000 crap good or not thats just what id expect to happen like a piece of world stone lands on some other planet years from now or some crap like that but thats just what i think feel free to talk #$%& since i know u will

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
[right][snapback]101478[/snapback][/right]
Hi. Please click on the link at the bottom of my signature. Read and heed. Thank you. :)

Occhi
In Memory of Pete