Long Waiting Lines on the (German) Euro Servers

Ok, this is the first weekend after WOW has been launched in Europe (since yesterday), so one could expect some problems during the first phase even if Blizzard can provide experiences from the U.S. launch.

However, what I would be interested in is if only the German WOW Europe servers are affected or if the behavior on the English and French servers (located in Paris) is similarly bad. Currently, the high-pop (high population) German servers (located in Frankfurt) - which are mostly the PvP servers - have waiting lines between 500 and 1000+. According to the German WOW Community Manager (see the news on www.inWOW.de), this is allegedly a problem of the Frankurt ISP that hosts the German servers. So, how do the English and French WOW Europe servers currently perform? If it is indeed a German ISP problem, then the English and French servers should do well, right?

For the time being until this gets fixed, I'd be interested on which English Europe servers the Lurkers (and the Basiners) can currenty be found? :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Feb 12 2005, 04:40 PM Wrote:Ok, this is the first weekend after WOW has been launched in Europe (since yesterday), so one could expect some problems during the first phase even if Blizzard can provide experiences from the U.S. launch.

However, what I would be interested in is if only the German WOW Europe servers are affected or if the behavior on the English and French servers (located in Paris) is similarly bad. Currently, the high-pop (high population) German servers (located in Frankfurt) - which are mostly the PvP servers - have waiting lines between 500 and 1000+. According to the German WOW Community Manager (see the news on www.inWOW.de), this is allegedly a problem of the Frankurt ISP that hosts the German servers. So, how do the English and French WOW Europe servers currently perform? If it is indeed a German ISP problem, then the English and French servers should do well, right?

For the time being until this gets fixed, I'd be interested on which English Europe servers the Lurkers (and the Basiners) can currenty be found? :)
[right][snapback]67913[/snapback][/right]

Well, I can only speak for the PvE server Draenor, but I have yet to experiencea queue window. No waiting and no lag experienced.
Thanks, redinter. Are there more Lurkers/Basiners on Draenor?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Feb 13 2005, 01:38 PM Wrote:Thanks, redinter. Are there more Lurkers/Basiners on Draenor?

clicky
- SoulEdge -
"*burp* too many pots, I need to pee..."
nobbie,Feb 12 2005, 03:40 PM Wrote:Currently, the high-pop (high population) German servers (located in Frankfurt) -
[right][snapback]67913[/snapback][/right]

That's like... next door to me (I live in the center of FRA). I have to give them a shot, I remember the City of Heroes EU beta... 40 ms pings, that was beautiful.

Currently I'm in.. Deathwing? I think that's the one, apparently I picked a low population server by mere chance. Worked fine, no queues.