Advice for the Alliance
Well, it's more generic advice, but it's directed at the Alliance of my server. It's pretty useful information, though, so I'd suggest skimming through it.

You can find the post here.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Helpful post for anyone new to the game.

But is anyone else here completely turned off of the official forums because of the way the kids attach their egos to their character and/or side in the grand battle? Or am I that out of touch that people actually CARE that they killed so-and-so the other night?

There are a lot of helpful tips in the opening post, despite the slight tone of condescendence. But I found the replies to be full of people who take themselves far too seriously. Thanks for the reminder on why I don't generally post there.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Feb 12 2005, 01:52 PM Wrote:But is anyone else here completely turned off of the official forums because of the way the kids attach their egos to their character and/or side in the grand battle?  Or am I that out of touch that people actually CARE that they killed so-and-so the other night?[right][snapback]67931[/snapback][/right]

I find it supremely creepy. People talking like the other side is their hated foe is just bizarre.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake
Taeme,Feb 12 2005, 10:44 PM Wrote:I find it supremely creepy. People talking like the other side is their hated foe is just bizarre.
[right][snapback]67956[/snapback][/right]

It can be an annoying distraction if your goal is to get objective information, but it is pretty normal human behavior. 'Round here we call it "rivalry". It can get pretty bitter, especially when football (and alcohol) is involved.
I play that way. I dont mean everything said in the post, just the "hated foe" part.

When I walk away from the game I dont think of it that way, but while Im playing the game, I am in "fighting evil mode" - its just more fun for me to play that way.
I suspect a lot of people who used to play DAoC are the same.
Taeme,Feb 12 2005, 10:44 PM Wrote:I find it supremely creepy. People talking like the other side is their hated foe is just bizarre.
[right][snapback]67956[/snapback][/right]

Warbirds was like that, Allied vs Axis. Some people wouldn't have flown the Axis side (or Allied side) if the only plane available to them was an old biplane, and their opponents were flying F-15s.
--Mav