Noob to HTML, Super-Noob to .CSS
Hi,

With the wealth of programming knowledge at the Lounge, I'm sure that someone must have an answer for me... :)

I'm trying to create a web page for the student union at my school, and this is my first 'real' crack at HTML. I have one image on my home page (not the background image) that I would like to resize depending on the user's browser size. I can find info. on how create a style sheet for the background info; however, I am at a loss as far as my image goes. Can someone give me a hand? I hesitate to throw up my HTML - I'm sure it's embarassingly bad :). Perhaps there is a command that I am missing? Do I need javascript - I'm not ready for that just yet!

But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Giving the image a percentage width will probably do it, although it's a silly and stupid thing to do.

For one thing, it'll make the image look pixlated and terrible if a user happens to be running a very high resolution desktop. Secondly, it'll make the image look squished and terrible if a user likes browsing with non-maximized windows. And, lastly, did I mention it's silly and stupid?

If you must have the image fill horizontal space, just look at the top of this page right here. The Lurker Lounge top banner is a perfect example of how it *should* be done. No resizing involved at all, either.