The European WOW Gates are open!
[Image: teaser_open.jpg]

The European WOW Gates have been opened!

http://www.wow-europe.com/

See you all soon! :D

Quote:Important Note for all previous Final BETA testers:

You don't need to reinstall everything and download the new, large 40 MB version 1.2.3 patch. All you need to do is log in with your old Beta account and password, and download a mini-patch to update to version 1.2.3!
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I ordered at Bol.com in november last year and this morning the orderstatus on their web site has been changed from "order in process" to ""shipped".

Maybe I will get a nice surprise wenn I come home from work tonight, and the game lays on the doormat.

But I am not in a hurry.
Checking the forums and realm populations the coming days seems a better idea.
I am not that impatient like so many others.
And choosing the right realm directly the first time is important for a casual gamer.

And I will do something I have never done before in my life. I will upgrade my pc for a videogame and buy a new graphics card tomorrow.
My Geforce 2 is really outdated. With all video-options minimal and a resolution of 1024 - 768, I had a framerate between 7 and 15 last week in the open beta.
It was playable but after much hesitation I decided to upgrade, so I can really enjoy the beautiful scenery in this game.

The rest of my PC is oke : 3.0 Ghz P4 - 1,5 Gb ram - 19 inch Iiama (1920-1440 max)
2*320 Gig HD and 2Mb ADSL.

Of course I will play on a normal EN server, and preferably a low population one.
First as Horde, maybe later as Alliance.

Greetings,

Maggellann

ps: English is not my first language, so instead of forgiving me for mistakes I make, please correct them and let me know about it, after all, thats the only way to improve.
I just got the game, and they had a collector's edition left! whee me! now downloading the patch. seems Blzizard put up some real servers, as it's going at 200+ KB/sec from second 1.

Finally, my addiction can be sated once again.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
nobbie,Feb 11 2005, 07:45 AM Wrote:[Image: teaser_open.jpg]

The European WOW Gates have been opened!

http://www.wow-europe.com/

See you all soon! :D
[right][snapback]67805[/snapback][/right]

- Game bought
- Account created
- 2h at work left, and one hour to drive home...
My English WOW Collector's Edition from EB Games just arrived! :)

I'm joining the newly founded German WOW Clan "Legends Of Azeroth". It's a bunch of currently 20 nice, intelligent people (mostly students) and we're still looking for new members. Focus is on PvP servers (can you imagine WarCraft without PvP? ;)), but we will be present on PvE and RP servers, too. The forum language is German.

If you're interested, you can visit our forum here: http://www.LegendsOfAzeroth.de (registration required).

The "Legends Of Azeroth" guild is currently established on the PvP servers "Destromath" (for the Alliance) and "Frostwolf" (for the Horde). The PvE and RP servers will follow later today.

CU later this day or on the weekend! :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
[Image: nasenbluten1.jpg]

A WOW fan just escaped successfully with a bleeding nose from a "Media Markt" shop in Germany. The fans are nuts here! :lol: :lol: :lol:

News Source: http://www.inwow.de/
Most likely I won't get WoW for AT LEAST another month as I need to get a job to pay for the dang thing as well as wish for things to cool down and hopefully arrive when the Battlelgrounds content is already in-game.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
At the moment, *all* German PvP servers have LONG waiting lines ...

PvE and RP servers are accessible without waiting.
Stupid question:

Does WoW come in German and German only in the shops (in Germany obviously)? If yes, is it possible to download the client in English? Anyone knows? Shopping at Amazon.co.uk is always annoying because of longer delivery :-|

Still not sure I want to buy this though, MMOG with Battle.net population... *shudder*
Walkiry,Feb 11 2005, 03:38 PM Wrote:Stupid question:

Does WoW come in German and German only in the shops (in Germany obviously)? If yes, is it possible to download the client in English? Anyone knows? Shopping at Amazon.co.uk is always annoying because of longer delivery :-|

Still not sure I want to buy this though, MMOG with Battle.net population... *shudder*
[right][snapback]67831[/snapback][/right]
All you need is the Account CD-Key from the German package. You can then download and use any localized European client you want (English, French or German).
Quote:Important Note for all previous Final BETA testers:

You don't need to reinstall everything and download the new, large 40 MB version 1.2.3 patch. All you need to do is log in with your old Beta account and password, and download a mini-patch to update to version 1.2.3!
I can use my old Beta account? Sweet :) Characters are probably wiped though.
And you do not ask the cost...
Faragon,Feb 11 2005, 07:26 PM Wrote:I can use my old Beta account? Sweet :) Characters are probably wiped though.
[right][snapback]67839[/snapback][/right]

Actually it doesnt matter which accout information you give, the version check goes before the account check. So the patch will be downloaded automatically, even if you put fake account information. After that you get an account not found error if you try to log in with your beta account.
Oke, my copy arrived.
Account created and game patched to version 1.2.3.

Ready to go.

Tomorrow I decide which server. ( normal EN - Horde ).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from European forum:

"We're constantly monitoring the servers, the queues and how well people have spread out in the game. We aim to take measures to reduce (or hopefully even remove) the queues, and have already started with adding more servers."

Thundgot
Community Manager, English

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maggellann
maggellann,Feb 11 2005, 07:47 PM Wrote:Account created.[right][snapback]67854[/snapback][/right]

Presumably you created it before the COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOTS failed to anticipate that, you know, there might be a bit of a high load placed on the sign-up server, just like there was with the US release, and that it might be an idea to make sure it can cope so that you don't end up taking it down preventing customers who've paid from being able to play and looking like A BUNCH OF AMATEURS.

Ranty, ranty, ranty.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Walkiry,Feb 11 2005, 10:38 AM Wrote:...
In a MMO world you play with both the above average, and below average.

I've played since Feb 1st, and my impressions have been good so far, for what they're worth. Some of the higher level players might have other experiences. There is the usual general chat banter, which most of seems tamer considering there are far more people.

The ad hoc groups I've joined for Elite quests have gone well mostly.

Griefing, ganking, and all seem to be fairly low levels. There is an occasional social misfit, but all in all 99% of the players are considerate and helpful. Partly it helps to know that in a minute or so whatever boss was killed, or chest opened will respawn and you will get your chance.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Walkiry,Feb 11 2005, 05:38 PM Wrote:Stupid question:

Well, in all my MMOG adventures I've yet to find truly moronic people, in 99% of cases people were even above average and the leftover 1% were simply... unresponsive to coordinating tactics.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Going to bed after many hours of playing.

Have a level 14 mage on one of the (english) Roleplay servers, and am in the first guild created on that server. I started on the other RP server, but after 2 hours the latency climbed to well over 5000 ms. it stayed that way for an hour before I left for the other server. pity, lot of time lost on that.

The Roleplay server shows a teeny weeny bit of RP coming through, but overall all the people are nice to one another and more reasonable than on some other servers. From what I understand the bnet kiddies flock to the pvp servers.

I also must say I'm pleased with the collector's edition soundtrack. very nice.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.