Euro's will never be able to play with US ?
Not sure if I read this right , but have a read of the blue's response to this guy wether he will get to play with his friends in Euro retail .

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...p=1#post1215954

Sorry but that's crap , we where told that sometime , yup sometime could be a while , but sometime after Euro release , there will come a time when we can once again join our friends in the US and vice versa , bah this really saddens me , I was looking forward to playing with you guys at some point :(

I was a bit mad , never read it all , but looked that way from his first response , his second response changes things a little , sorry .
Take care
I'm still not very sure I like this, does it mean that if you'll want to play on the US servers but live in Euro you'll HAVE to buy the US version even if you have the English Euro version and vice versa?

Which, in essence, means you'll have to buy 2 copies and 2 accounts just in order to play with friends abroad and real life friends, very bah IMO.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
If the laws were so restrictive, then why were we able to simply select a gateway in D2?
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Malakar,Feb 11 2005, 02:41 PM Wrote:If the laws were so restrictive, then why were we able to simply select a gateway in D2?
[right][snapback]67824[/snapback][/right]
You weren't paying for a service to select that realm. When they started billing for access, all sorts of laws become applicable such as taxes, etc.
/// Zoid.
I know several Euros on my US server. Euros I played with in DAoC I am still playing WoW with.

Im not sure if they needed a US credit card or not, but I know they made up addresses.
Zoid,Feb 11 2005, 05:04 PM Wrote:You weren't paying for a service to select that realm.  When they started billing for access, all sorts of laws become applicable such as taxes, etc.
[right][snapback]67827[/snapback][/right]

This is not it, as numerous games, expecially MMOGs enable you to play on either US or Euro servers at your leisure (with any game version), for example, look at City of Heroes.

What is said on that thread is that the European rights for WoW or something like that has been bought by another company thus it's a different company that sells the game in the US/Canada area then the one in the European regions.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Leave it to good old Blizzard to do a "Whoops... Actually, that won't be possible," after the game's released. Most impressive.
"One day, o-n-e day..."
From the user in my guild from Europe, she stated that she had to use a credit card that has a billing zip code from Aussy or US for her account, and then had no problems using the US servers. This will likely exclude you from Euro servers though.

Dobuya - lev 48 Orc warrior - Proudmoore server