corporate paranoie
Just because your'e paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Ownership of Thotbott outlined here

Can't seem to edit the title, sorry
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
I don't really understand what's this IGE thing, doesn't it just boil down to thottbot plug-ins send data to somewhere?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Feb 10 2005, 04:18 PM Wrote:I don't really understand what's this IGE thing, doesn't it just boil down to thottbot plug-ins send data to somewhere?
[right][snapback]67781[/snapback][/right]

IGE sells in game items for real money. So you could go to IGE and use paypal or other methods and spend $20 to get 100 in game gold. I presume that you set up a trade with one of the chars controlled by the IGE people or something of that nature. At least that is what I gather from going to the site.

I guess people are paranoid since it appears that thottbot is owned by IGE so data you upload to the thott servers could get into the hands of the IGE people. Since what IGE does is against Blizzard stated policy there is worry that this could be a problem for thottbot users I guess.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Feb 10 2005, 05:00 PM Wrote:Since what IGE does is against Blizzard stated policy there is worry that this could be a problem for thottbot users I guess.
[right][snapback]67784[/snapback][/right]
I just think it's all being blown out of proportion in an attempt by Allakhazam to "unseat" thottbot as a very frequented info site. But then again, I will freely admit that I'm biased against Allakhazam in the first place because of all the rotten spamming the owner did shortly after release. Spammed the forums and the servers in game. There is advertising your site and then there's just spamming.

It's not like this is a brand new buyout that happened either. If it were something that just happened recently, I could see the concern and the newsworthyness, but it's not all that recent that IGE bought OGaming, iirc.
Intolerant monkey.
I don't really see the point in using the thottbot plugin to upload data anymore anyway. It seems that the outdated, incomplete information on thottbot isn't getting replaced by new information, so what's the point in uploading new information?
Less QQ more Pew Pew