Tauren Weapons?

In the WOW cinematic closing scene, a Tauren is wielding a tree stump as weapon, and in the game, Tauren Chieftain Cairne Bloodhoof (at Thunderbluff) is carrying one, so I assume these are weapons Tauren game characters can wield, too. Can they? And if, to which weapon class do they belong (trainer required?), are they class-specific to Tauren, is there a minimum level requirement and can they be bought at vendors or only be found (through a special quest)?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
They are totems. Which are... pleasantly carved tree-stumps, really.

I haven't seen any. I imagine it would count as a special type of two handed mace, if they every introduce them. Perhaps in conjuction with the supposed Hero classes that will eventually spring up.
Totems are not in-game yet, except for Cairne's. There is speculation that they will be added, and maybe Tauren-only, or that maybe they will a weapon for a Tauren hero class. But really no-one knows.
If the tree-stump is a Totem (as 2-handed mace), it might be a "Tauren Shaman"-only weapon then. Time to start a Tauren Shaman methinks :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Feb 10 2005, 02:50 AM Wrote:If the tree-stump is a Totem (as 2-handed mace), it might be a "Tauren Shaman"-only weapon then. Time to start a Tauren Shaman methinks :)
[right][snapback]67737[/snapback][/right]

Shaman can't initially use two-handed maces. I'd associate the totems with Warriors or Druids.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Feb 10 2005, 08:05 AM Wrote:Shaman can't initially use two-handed maces.  I'd associate the totems with Warriors or Druids.
[right][snapback]67744[/snapback][/right]

If Tauren Shaman can't use totems I am going to be extremely sad. Shaman drop small totems as a form of buffs. Id love to be able to whack someone with em too.

There is even a shop in Thunder Bluff that appears to sell totems but the shop keeper doesn't respond to anything.
If anything, I'd think the totems would be for a Tauren Warrior hero class, in keeping with the units in WC3.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Feb 10 2005, 05:06 PM Wrote:If anything, I'd think the totems would be for a Tauren Warrior hero class, in keeping with the units in WC3.
[right][snapback]67757[/snapback][/right]
Is Tauren Chieftain Cairne Bloodhoof a Hero Warrior or a Hero Shaman?
nobbie,Feb 10 2005, 02:41 PM Wrote:Is Tauren Chieftain Cairne Bloodhoof a Hero Warrior or a Hero Shaman?
[right][snapback]67764[/snapback][/right]

Probably a little of both.

He was a Tauren Chieftain in War3, so I'd lean towards Warrior more than Shaman.

Thrall is most definitely a Shaman.

Vol'jin's probably a Rogue.

Sylvanas is probably a Mage or Priest, unless Varimathras could be considered her "pet", in which case she would be a Hunter :)

ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
Artega,Feb 10 2005, 11:07 AM Wrote:Probably a little of both.

He was a Tauren Chieftain in War3, so I'd lean towards Warrior more than Shaman.
On the other hand his reincarnation ability is very shaman. :)

Quote:Thrall is most definitely a Shaman.
Most definatnly. So his right hand man. 5 points if you can name him off hand. +50 if you knew who he was when you entered Thrall's throne room. ;)

Quote:Vol'jin's probably a Rogue.
If we were going to compair WoW with WC3 Vol'jin comes in more under shaman as well (totems = wards, healing wave) though witch doctor or voodoo priest is more accurate.

Quote:Sylvanas is probably a Mage or Priest, unless Varimathras could be considered her "pet", in which case she would be a Hunter :)
Actually the class that fits her best is a hunter due to her being a "Dark Ranger". On the horde side though it's really only Thrall who has a definant playable class, the rest are classes that exsist in WoW but not as playable ones.
Ok, I think I'm going to play a Tauren Warrior to level 60 first when WOW comes out here tomorrow and hope that tree-stumps become available as weapons at a later point. I like the idea of riding a huge, dinosaur-like Kodo beast and wield huge tree-stumps :D

Last but not least, my astrology sign is "Taurus" (April 21 to May 21).
Thrall's right-hand man would Nazgrel, (former) chieftain of the Frost Wolf Clan, if memory serves. He currently serves as Thrall's chief-of-security, and wields an axe so massive, I wet myself just thinking about it.

Drek'thar would also be listed under his close friends, but I don't recall seeing him in the fortress. I seem to remember it saying Drek'thar died at some point.

On an unrelated note, go by Felfire Hill in Ashenvale and check out the monument to Grom Hellscream - it's really cool.

The difference is that Sylvanas isn't dressed like any kind of warrior. She's dressed like a squishy, even if she WAS a Ranger in War3.

So apparently we get to kill Balnazzar in Stratholme. But didn't Sylvanas order Varimathras to grease Balnazzar as a show of loyalty?

Artega,Feb 10 2005, 09:14 PM Wrote:On an unrelated note, go by Felfire Hill in Ashenvale and check out the monument to Grom Hellscream - it's really cool.
[right][snapback]67799[/snapback][/right]
I snapped a screenie of that with the text on it too because I thought it was neat when we ran into it with our Tauren.
Intolerant monkey.