Peg Leg?
Hey guys, Im new here.

So i just got this game and im on the second level, with the 7 different Tal Riha or whatever tombs are. I have this wooden peg leg that I picked up in the first level. Whats it for, other then taking up room in my chest?

Being new to this game, I don't quite understand everything yet. I have the Haradric cube and i use it to make sockets in stuff, but I could only get 2 sockets in a weapon or 2 in a sword. How do I get three, and is four possible?

Thanks for any help guys :)
[QUOTE=Jesse JamesI don't praise the Lord as much as I praise the Lowered[/QUOTE]
First , Welcome to the forums , well at least to your first post :)

I can try and answer the first , the peg leg is from Wirt . Wirt appeared in Classic Diablo , aww cute little guy with a wooden leg . This little guy was a rip-off really , he used to charge astronomical prices for the littlest of things , but , he could also sell items that you could'nt buy anywhere else , so he was needed . It was always a love hate relationship , I always seemed to get a good item from him when I could'nt afford to buy it :P . Anyway , it is a real pleasure to see he got his come uppance in Diablo 2 , I just wish I could find his treasure hoard , believe me , he must have been the richest guy that ever limped through that particular universe :) .

spoiler incoming

Now that wooden leg + a town portal tome will take you to the secret cow level , this was made up in classic diablo , it never existed , although a few people may tell you otherwise :P . Blizzard decided to incorporate it into D2 , I think this can only be accessed if you have killed Baal on that particular difficulty setting if you want to open the portal yourself , or you may join cow games where someone else has opened the portal . Killing the Cow king though is another matter entirely . Hope this little background info helps just a little :)
Take care
R1Jazz,Feb 8 2005, 11:01 AM Wrote:Being new to this game, I don't quite understand everything yet. I have the Haradric cube and i use it to make sockets in stuff, but I could only get 2 sockets in a weapon or 2 in a sword. How do I get three, and is four possible?

Yes, three and four and five and six socket items are common as the quality of items increases. Each type ot item is capped at a certain number of sockets though. One place to check, if you haven't already is the "Areat Summit" abbreviated AS in a lot of places. It's a blizzard hosted site, that is now outdated as far as monster stats are concerned (if they're still there) but it has a lot of good basic information on regular, magic, set, and unique items, as well as cube recipies. Good luck to you.

edit: fic teh typo s
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Hey thanks a lot for all the info. The Areat Summit site really helps a lot too. Thanks a bunch.
[QUOTE=Jesse JamesI don't praise the Lord as much as I praise the Lowered[/QUOTE]
for a sepciel stage!!!!!!
*hi~!I am John. 21years old. I am a chinese. creay about Diablo2!
my yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hallo. Ich bin John. 21jahr alt. Ich bin ein Chinese.
Meine yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hola!Soy John.Soy chino.
esto es mi yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*大家好!我叫林洵。中国人,21岁。是暗黑破坏神的忠实玩家。
我的雅虎:diablo_john11。我的QQ:408687898
*お早うございます!私は林询と申します!中国人です。。。二十一歲です!
私の雅虎:diablo_john11 私のQQ:408687898(中国地区限り)
ICanChangTheWorLd,Feb 17 2005, 01:19 AM Wrote:for a sepciel stage!!!!!!
[right][snapback]68276[/snapback][/right]

Coy doesn't work on a forum that specializes in infromation exchange. If you aren't going to answer the question or add anything useful to the conversation then stay out of it.
Raven Vale,Feb 8 2005, 05:37 PM Wrote:First , Welcome to the forums , well at least to your first post :)

I can try and answer the first , the peg leg is from Wirt . Wirt appeared in Classic Diablo , aww cute little guy with a wooden leg . This little guy was a rip-off really , he used to charge astronomical prices for the littlest of things , but , he could also sell items that you could'nt buy anywhere else , so he was needed . It was always a love hate relationship , I always seemed to get a good item from him when I could'nt afford to buy it :P . Anyway , it is a real pleasure to see he got his come uppance in Diablo 2 , I just wish I could find his treasure hoard , believe me , he must have been the richest guy that ever limped through that particular universe :) .

spoiler incoming
Now that wooden leg + a town portal  tome will take you to the secret cow level , this was made up in classic diablo , it never existed , although a few people may tell you otherwise :P . Blizzard decided to incorporate it into D2 , I think this can only be accessed if you have killed Baal on that particular difficulty setting  if you want to open the portal yourself , or you may join cow games where someone else has opened the portal . Killing the Cow king though is another matter entirely . Hope this little background info helps just a little :)
[right][snapback]67553[/snapback][/right]

my goshh~~~~!!!! U R talking about the DiabloI,,,,
*hi~!I am John. 21years old. I am a chinese. creay about Diablo2!
my yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hallo. Ich bin John. 21jahr alt. Ich bin ein Chinese.
Meine yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hola!Soy John.Soy chino.
esto es mi yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*大家好!我叫林洵。中国人,21岁。是暗黑破坏神的忠实玩家。
我的雅虎:diablo_john11。我的QQ:408687898
*お早うございます!私は林询と申します!中国人です。。。二十一歲です!
私の雅虎:diablo_john11 私のQQ:408687898(中国地区限り)
ICanChangTheWorLd,Feb 19 2005, 08:46 PM Wrote:my goshh~~~~!!!! U R talking about the DiabloI,,,,
[right][snapback]68501[/snapback][/right]

No, as a matter of fact, he's talking about the cow level, found in Diablo 2 after you beat the game in any level of difficulty. He was referring to Diablo (the original) only to mention that that is where the concept originated.

Please, I'm a newbie too, but at least make your posts relevant, and quit spamming.

R1Jazz, get rid of wirt's leg. Once you beat the game in normal difficulty, go back to stony field, through the portal, kill griswold and the other specials again to see if they drop neat stuff, then grab wirt's leg. Throw it, together with a town portal into the Horadric cube, and while in two hit transmute. Kalakazaam! You now have a red portal that takes you to the secret cow level. Moo! Moo I say!

Cow level sucks, if you want my honest opinion. There are aproximately 1256236 cows. They are weaklings, and give no experience. If you are playing single, or with people who aren't interested in cow runs, it takes forever to clear the level. While you may acquire a few neat items, usually all you get is blue and yellow stuff you sell because it's not worth using. So essentially, all the level is good for is gold.

Well, that and you get to kill the cow king, who throws lightning and essentially whips you if you think there's nothing to worry about, and aren't expecting what's coming.

Anyway, hope I didn't spoil it, and have fun with the game. I bought it the day it came out, then the expansion, and have seen the various changes it's gone through, and am still playing. Give it a chance, and you'll have a lot of fun.
SetBuilder,Mar 25 2005, 03:12 AM Wrote:Cow level sucks, if you want my honest opinion. There are aproximately 1256236 cows. They are weaklings, and give no experience. If you are playing single, or with people who aren't interested in cow runs, it takes forever to clear the level. While you may acquire a few neat items, usually all you get is blue and yellow stuff you sell because it's not worth using. So essentially, all the level is good for is gold.
[right][snapback]71809[/snapback][/right]

i do not agree with that.
albeit the cow levels are not longer THE PLACE for leveling, as they used to be pre
1.10, they are still worth running.

a) i found most of my best stuff in alpcows ( vampires gaze, natys helm, etc)

B) cowlvls are the best place for charms, stones,low-to-mid-runes and, above all,
socketed items. most of the really good socketed stuff seems to drop here.

c) how long it takes to clear cows depends enormously on your char concept.
my javazon lvl 74 cleans a alpcow without any problems in 3 mins (and made
her last 6 levles there...), so should do any concept that has any mass-
attacking. even my pally which only uses holyshock can fight them decently.

i have a question: have hellcows a imunity?
phaedi,Mar 27 2005, 05:45 AM Wrote:i do not agree with that.
albeit the cow levels are not longer THE PLACE for leveling, as they used to be pre
1.10, they are still worth running.

a) i found most of my best stuff in alpcows ( vampires gaze, natys helm, etc)

B) cowlvls are the best place for charms, stones,low-to-mid-runes  and, above all,
    socketed items. most of the really good socketed stuff seems to drop here.

c) how long it takes to clear cows depends enormously on your char concept.
    my javazon lvl 74 cleans a alpcow without any problems in 3 mins (and made   
    her last 6 levles there...), so should do any concept that has any mass-
    attacking. even my pally which only uses holyshock can fight them decently.
i have a question: have hellcows a imunity?
[right][snapback]72032[/snapback][/right]

Maybe I should clarify...
When I beat the game in normal, via /players 8, I'm already at level 50 (assume I'm doing a few Andarial, Mephisto, Diablo, Baal runs for green stuffs).

At that point, normal difficulty cow level gives me nothing, as I said, besides a lot of magics, rares, and a few low level uniques that I've already found 52654632 times, and have transferred to the corresponding mule character. Same for set items. Experience meter only moves once in a cow run, and that's nearly imperceptible, (even on players 8!), and that'd be when I kill the cow king.

Similar concept with nightmare, as once I beat it, plus go through the half dozen boss runs for items, I've already levelled to about 80-82, and experience gained through cow level is nearly non-existant, and they still aren't dropping anything that even comes close to comparing with what I get through boss runs.

By the time I beat the game in Hell difficulty, do the half dozen boss runs (then again, sometimes I don't do Diablo, as he's one I sometimes die against in Hell) I'm at l99, and experience is moot. And even then items are better from boss runs.

So again, this is just my personal opinion, but cow runs wouldn't be worth it to me.

And as far as resistances/immunities on cows in Hell, don't remember. Cow King usually does, don't recall on the rest.

Oh, and regarding Natalya's helm, at high levels, seems pretty commen to me. Found roughly 47 of them, overall, and am rather irritated, as I'd like to find the two items in that set I don't have, so I can start building the character. What is Vampires Gaze? Can't recall, but I probably have one or two of those as well.

Kind of like with runes, due to hell level boss runs, I've found every rune there is (have about 17 ist runes muled away) except for Zod. Only have one Cham, but have some neat unique chaos armor with 3 sockets that's ethereal, so may nead to do some cube conversions to get up that Zod. Seems such a waste of the high level runes I currently have though.
SetBuilder,Mar 27 2005, 08:18 PM Wrote:By the time I beat the game in Hell difficulty, do the half dozen boss runs (then again, sometimes I don't do Diablo, as he's one I sometimes die against in Hell) I'm at l99
[right][snapback]72051[/snapback][/right]

I doubt this.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Really? Have you ever played the full game through in players 8?
SetBuilder,Mar 28 2005, 01:25 PM Wrote:Really? Have you ever played the full game through in players 8?
[right][snapback]72138[/snapback][/right]

I have. And my characters got to about clvl 89.

By the way, just because old farts like me use the threaded view, would you do me the favour of hitting the reply button for the post you are answering, instead of the 'fast reply' button? That way your answers will show up as responses to the specific post instead of as a response to the original post of the thread. I know it is a petty detail, but I would rather know who you are replying to when I read your posts. :blush:
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ShadowHM,Mar 28 2005, 10:50 AM Wrote:I have.    And my characters got to about clvl 89.
By the way, just because old farts like me use the threaded view, would you do me the favour of hitting the reply button for the post you are answering, instead of the 'fast reply' button?  That way your answers will show up as responses to the specific post instead of as a response to the original post of the thread.  I know it is a petty detail, but I would rather know who you are replying to when I read your posts.    :blush:
[right][snapback]72145[/snapback][/right]

My bad. Didn't even consider it. One of the reasons I hate threaded view.

Anyway, I don't know what the difference would be. First, I'm not telling a joke or a lie. So the only thing I can figure is the last time I capped a character it was still patch 1.09, not 1.10, so maybe that's the difference? Hell, I'm playing a sorceress my father built and worked on for a couple years, which is level 92. He was doing act V runs like crazy with her, and couldn't get about that level.

I played her for six hours in ice cave runs (which are a bitch for a cold-based sorc) in players 8 and she's now L94.

Well, that and boss runs for all three difficulties for Green items.

Maybe the leveling is different on players 8 now? I currently have about 36 characters I'm building, both set characters and non (not including prev capped characters or mules), so you can understand that none of those are even TO Hell difficulty yet. Although, the 12 that have beat normal are levelled around 50, so that's still pretty well accurate.

Thoughts?
SetBuilder,Mar 28 2005, 02:28 PM Wrote:My bad. Didn't even consider it. One of the reasons I hate threaded view.

Anyway, I don't know what the difference would be. First, I'm not telling a joke or a lie. So the only thing I can figure is the last time I capped a character it was still patch 1.09, not 1.10, so maybe that's the difference? Hell, I'm playing a sorceress my father built and worked on for a couple years, which is level 92. He was doing act V runs like crazy with her, and couldn't get about that level.

I played her for six hours in ice cave runs (which are a bitch for a cold-based sorc) in players 8 and she's now L94.

Well, that and boss runs for all three difficulties for Green items.

Maybe the leveling is different on players 8 now? I currently have about 36 characters I'm building, both set characters and non (not including prev capped characters or mules), so you can understand that none of those are even TO Hell difficulty yet. Although, the 12 that have beat normal are levelled around 50, so that's still pretty well accurate.

Thoughts?
[right][snapback]72152[/snapback][/right]

Hi

I would be guessing, as I have not played Single Player now for a while. But I usually didn't bother with the "you name the area" runs, and just played through, questing along.

And thanks for change in response style. :) I love my threaded view. :wub: Around here, many many threads go off in all directions, with several 'conversations' going on at the same time. Threaded view lets me keep track of which is which, and (as sometimes happens) lets me not bother reading the sub-threads that I already know I have no interest in.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake