Horde/Alliance on same server ?
I know during beta you could make both Horde and Alliance on the same server , does this hold true in retail or is it just one or the other ? I am awaiting the Euro retail hence the question .
Take care
It's my experience in the US retail that you can only side with one faction per server. However, I've only tried this on a PVP server. Unfortunately it's Tuesday morning so all the realms are down for maintainance, so I'll give it a try on the PVE server later.

Edit: Changed wording to try and make it a little clearer.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
On RP servers and Normal (PvE) servers you can create characters of both factions. On PvP servers, you can only create characters from one faction.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Feb 8 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:On RP servers and Normal (PvE) servers you can create characters of both factions. On PvP servers, you can only create characters from one faction.
[right][snapback]67544[/snapback][/right]

On PvE servers, you can go both factions. They can't mail/communicate with each other, but you can have them there.

Edit: I'm confirming what Treesh said, not taking issue with it. Sorry if you misunderstood.
--Mav
Mavfin,Feb 8 2005, 12:48 PM Wrote:On PvE servers, you can go both factions. 
[right][snapback]67570[/snapback][/right]
That's what I said.

Edit: I did neglect to mention you can't mail between the two factions though. I just figured that's standard regardless of whether it's your characters trying to mail between factions or other characters so I didn't mention it.

Edit2: (To be read after Mav's edit ;) ) Ah. No problem. I guess I just didn't see a reason to confirm since I knew I was right. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Cheers guys , sorted thanks :)
Take care
Just to add (maybe uselessly) to this discussion, you want to avoid playing Horde and Alliance on the same server anyway.

Why? Simply because if one server's down/lagged to smithereens, you can jump over to the other one. If you put all your characters on the same server, you have no option.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Another reason to avoid it is that if you're like me and have a severe case of alt-itis, you can only create 10 characters on a given server, regardless of their faction. Thus, why risk constraining your character creation in the future by playing both factions on one server when you could play them on different servers to the same effect but with 10 characters available for each faction as opposed to 10 total?
-TheDragoon