New Warlock Info
--> Clicky!
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Well, this is encouraging. I don't like the idea of making the higher level summons weaker just so we can tote them around like other pets, but they need to be worth the effort. The way I read this post, is that the higher summons (I'm hoping this also applies to doomguard in addition to the infernal that is discussed) is that they will be very powerful (still) but can be controlled for a useful amount of time. Here's the tradeoff:

1) They use mana, often times in battle to re-enslave.

2) They use soul shards, forcing you to either stock like mad, but really just causing you to fight when you have one under your control.

3) The timing of them breaking control could come at very bad times, such as a boss fight, and this really forces the warlock to be on his toes, which I think is appropriate for the higher level summons.

If the "generous lengths of time" they can be controlled are in the 20-30 minute range, I think it will be worth the added risk. It will be taxing on the warlock and his party, but if it's long enough, the risk should be worth it and keep things exciting. If they only last between 5-15 minutes and then get uncontrollable after that, I think it would fall into a barely used status. Your party needs to come to appreciate the infernal before they have to kill him, otherwise warlocks will have an even harder time partying than they do now.

I'm much less concerned about shards, but that's because I play PvE. If I played PvP, it would be a different matter entirely, and I'm glad that should be addressed prior to Battlegrounds coming out, and I think the lack of shards being created in PvP is a legit complaint.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight