grabbing forum visitors
I was surfing on a computer I normally never uses and thorugh I should visit a few Diablo related forums, one of those were the ones over at diabloii.net. They really have a whole bunch of game sites and all forums are at rpgforums.net. However, on first attempt I simply used rpgforums.com, fun experience and it most definately must be on purpose to grab visitors. Not sure if I consider it fun or sad though, but interesting :o
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
There's no www.lurkerlounge.org yet, though ;)

Also, if they're trying to grab posters from dii.net, they must be pretty desperate.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
I also noted that worldofdiablo.com is for a german Diablo site. All the time since Blizzard revealed their WoW, I have thought that it would be logical to use the same engine, system and so on and port it for the Diablo world and release a World of Diablo. Wonder if they buy out the domain name then.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Jarulf,Feb 4 2005, 08:44 AM Wrote:I also noted that worldofdiablo.com is for a german Diablo site. All the time since Blizzard revealed their WoW, I have thought that it would be logical to use the same engine, system and so on and port it for the Diablo world and release a World of Diablo. Wonder if they buy out the domain name then.
[right][snapback]67156[/snapback][/right]

I can't see why Blizzard would run two swords and sorcery MMORPG's rather than one. The two games are in the same genre, as I see it, and it seems to me that with the departure of the core Condor/Blizzard North crowd to Flagship and elsewhere, Blizzard is re-consolidating in the LA area at "Blizzard South" on a core game style and system. Some of the other threads here commented on the decline of such services as bnet in the long term, industry wide. (Another reason I appreciate Arena.net's Guild Wars operational concept.)

On the other hand, Blizzard is doubtless coming up with another game, but whether or not Starcraft will get the nod, Diablo, or something else entirely, is another matter. Interesting, the domain name issue you point out. :)

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Feb 4 2005, 04:41 PM Wrote:I can't see why Blizzard would run two swords and sorcery MMORPG's rather than one.  The two games are in the same genre, as I see it, and it seems to me that with the departure of the core Condor/Blizzard North crowd to Flagship and elsewhere, Blizzard is re-consolidating in the LA area at "Blizzard South" on a core game style and system.  Some of the other threads here commented on the decline of such services as bnet in the long term, industry wide.  (Another reason I appreciate Arena.net's Guild Wars operational concept.)

On the other hand, Blizzard is doubtless coming up with another game, but whether or not Starcraft will get the nod, Diablo, or something else entirely, is another matter.  Interesting, the domain name issue you point out.  :)

Occhi
[right][snapback]67168[/snapback][/right]

I see it more in say 2 or 3 years time. I guess only time can tell....
Occhidiangela,Feb 4 2005, 11:41 AM Wrote:I can't see why Blizzard would run two swords and sorcery MMORPG's rather than one.
[right][snapback]67168[/snapback][/right]

How about a combination of the two into a single storyline?
DeeBye,Feb 4 2005, 08:11 PM Wrote:How about a combination of the two into a single storyline?
[right][snapback]67228[/snapback][/right]

That's a piece of writing I don't think Blizzard could pull off and keep from being cheesy.

Besides, I want my Starcraft: Ghost.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek