Small pets
So I have a friend who I play with that is toying with starting a guild where everyone in it has a small pet (she will probably only allow "cute" ones heh). It'd be a pretty pointless guild and we wouldn't expect it to ever get to be any size, but its just kind of something that might be fun to do. I was thinking that I would get a cat pet for my character that I play with that friend. My problem is that there are a bunch of types of cat pets and I don't know how they look. So does anyone know of a place where there are images of the various small cat pets? I know that there is an image of 1 cat on http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basi...lpets.html, but thats all I can find. Thottbot only seems to have images of the carriers, not the actual animal that they give. The list of cat carriers are:

Cat Carrier (Bombay) Vendor
Cat Carrier (Cornish Rex) Vendor
Cat Carrier (Maine Coon) Drop
Cat Carrier (Orange Tabby) Vendor
Cat Carrier (Siamese) Drop
Cat Carrier (Silver Tabby) Vendor
Cat Carrier (White Kitten) Vendor

So does anyone have any images of the cats you get from them?
I have a friend who's got the Silver Tabby. His GF was watching him play, and 'convinced' him to get it. I'll see if I can bug him for a screenie of it.

EDIT ~ He's out of town for the weekend, when he gets back, he said that he'd be happy to provide a screenie of the cat for you.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
The Cat Lady in Elwynn forest has each of the 4 types of cats she sells running around the area and there is 1 of each type that always stays inside her house so you can see what each of them looks like. She sells the Bombay, Cornish Rex, Orange Tabby and Silver Tabby.

The White Kitten is sold by Lil Timmy. The kitten is about half the size of the regular cats (smaller than some of the rats you see running around) and is pure white. Lil Timmy is a rare spawn (8 hours?) in Stormwind City, he has 1 kitten to sell and he walks a loop through the city once and then despawns reguardless of if he has sold the kitten.

I do not recall having seen the Maine Coon or Siamese cat in actual play. The Siamese looks like it would not be too hard for a high level character to farm from the Deadmines, just time consuming.
It seems Maine Coons drop from Dalaran mobs at the Amber Mill... which means you'd need to be Horde.

I'm actually considering making a Horde character just to get this item and transfer via auction to my Night Elf.
See you in Town,
-Z
Ruvanal,Feb 6 2005, 05:09 AM Wrote:The White Kitten is sold by Lil Timmy.  The kitten is about half the size of the regular cats (smaller than some of the rats you see running around) and is pure white.  Lil Timmy is a rare spawn (8 hours?) in Stormwind City, he has 1 kitten to sell and he walks a loop through the city once and then despawns reguardless of if he has sold the kitten.
[right][snapback]67340[/snapback][/right]

Wow, I never knew how rare my White Kitten was that I got in beta! I found Lil Timmy by getting lost in Lagwind, and could never give directions to people who asked me where we was. I guess I have a good reason I couldn't now, anyways... That kitten was awesome... I can still remember him, streaking along the ocean floor, keeping up with my druid in aquatic form just fine... :wub:
Ruvanal,Feb 6 2005, 07:09 AM Wrote:The Cat Lady in Elwynn forest has each of the 4 types of cats she sells running around the area and there is 1 of each type that always stays inside her house so you can see what each of them looks like.  She sells the Bombay, Cornish Rex, Orange Tabby and Silver Tabby. 
[right][snapback]67340[/snapback][/right]

I ran around her place getting pictures of various cats I could see. So these are the ones I've found there.

cat 1: [Image: Orange_Tabby.jpg]
cat 2: [Image: Cornish_Rex.jpg]
cat 3: [Image: Silver_Tabby.jpg]
cat 4: [Image: Siamese.jpg]
cat 5: [Image: Bombay.jpg]

My guess is that cat 1 is the orange tabby and cat 3 is the silver tabby. I know nothing about cats though and so don't know what the others are.

edit: changed image file names
Cat 2 is the Cornish Rex. Cat 4 is a Siamese. I'd assume it's the same skin as the one that Cookie drops, but I haven't seen it in person yet to be sure. Cat 5 is the Bombay.
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Zarathustra,Feb 6 2005, 01:57 PM Wrote:I'm actually considering making a Horde character just to get this item and transfer via auction to my Night Elf.
[right][snapback]67363[/snapback][/right]

This is tangential but I thought I might clear up one thing. You cannot bid on auctions created by any character on your account (to prevent driving the price up). Therefore, if you list an Alliance item in the neutral auction house, you will not be able to bid on it. You'll need to get a friend to help.
Cat 3 is the Silver Tabby. That's the one that my friend has. I'd best steer clear of the Maine Coon, though. My gf recently moved out of her house, and misses hers. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Roane,Feb 6 2005, 03:49 PM Wrote:Cat 2 is the Cornish Rex.&nbsp; Cat 4 is a Siamese.&nbsp; I'd assume it's the same skin as the one that Cookie drops, but I haven't seen it in person yet to be sure.&nbsp; Cat 5 is the Bombay.
[right][snapback]67377[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the info. Out of those 5, I'm leaning towards the Cornish Rex. My current goal though is to ge ta screen capture of the while kitten because it sounds like it would be a cool on to have. So it seems to be between the Cornish Rex and the White Kitten.
[Image: White_Kitten.jpg]

There is the White Kitten for those who want to see it. I went ahead and bought one and am using it for now. I'm still slightly undecided between it and the Cornish Rex though. I may eventually buy a Rex as well then go back and forth between them depending on my mood. : )
I think you have captured all the cats, (I have the siamese drop). There are several other small pets, and some are also cute.

I helped contribute to the guide, and I think it's pretty comprehensive.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...al&T=163708&P=1
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Magicbag,Feb 7 2005, 08:22 AM Wrote:I think you have captured all the cats, (I have the siamese drop).&nbsp; There are several other small pets, and some are also cute.

I helped contribute to the guide, and I think it's pretty comprehensive.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...al&T=163708&P=1
-MB
[right][snapback]67451[/snapback][/right]

I'm still missing an image of the Maine Coon actually. That could be alot tougher to get though. The guide isn't bad, but really the problem isn't finding information about the pets, but finding images of them all so that one can decide which to get. So I would suggest adding graphics for each pet. (definately need better images than mine though heh)
Zarathustra,Feb 6 2005, 12:57 PM Wrote:It seems Maine Coons drop from Dalaran mobs at the Amber Mill... which means you'd need to be Horde.

I'm actually considering making a Horde character just to get this item and transfer via auction to my Night Elf.
[right][snapback]67363[/snapback][/right]

Dang. The maine coon was the only pet I was actually interested in.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Feb 7 2005, 09:00 AM Wrote:Dang. The maine coon was the only pet I was actually interested in.
[right][snapback]67472[/snapback][/right]

Raise your hand if you have/ever had a (RL) Maine Coon and loved it!

*Raises hand*

Best... cats... ever...
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Chaerophon,Feb 7 2005, 11:04 AM Wrote:Raise your hand if you have/ever had a (RL) Maine Coon and loved it!

*Raises hand*

Best... cats... ever...
[right][snapback]67479[/snapback][/right]

*raises hand*

He's a beast but we love him.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Chaerophon,Feb 7 2005, 02:04 PM Wrote:Raise your hand if you have/ever had a (RL) Maine Coon and loved it!

*Raises hand*

Best... cats... ever...
[right][snapback]67479[/snapback][/right]

We presently have two. While great cats I dunno if I would classify them as the best cats we've owned. I had a kitten named Chavez that would ride around on my shoulders, "talked" to anyone who addressed him and only came to the name "SH*thead". :) He was pretty cool. :)
*raises hand* Hence the reason I'd like to bring my Maine Coon ingame with me.

In response to the lack of bidding on one's own auctions, I am aware of this. But it is not difficult to have a friend meet in Gadgetzan and buyout the cat carrier as soon as the auction is placed.
See you in Town,
-Z
The guide people are really trying to get a good set of screenshots for each of the pets, but as you mention, it's tough to get a good screeny many times.
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Magicbag,Feb 9 2005, 08:25 AM Wrote:The guide people are really trying to get a good set of screenshots for each of the pets, but as you mention, it's tough to get a good screeny many times.
-MB
[right][snapback]67679[/snapback][/right]

One thing I noticed since I've gotten the kitten is that its easier to get screen shots with a gnome character. I have the kitten on a night elf character and when trying to ge ta screen shot, the angle is always a bit too high. You could maybe sit to solve this, but then you lose mobility. A gnome however has a much lower camera angle and so makes for better screen shotsd of the cats. You can kind of see this in the ones I did even. The first group of screen shots were taken by a gnome character while the kitten one was taken by a night elf character. The gnome ones are much clearer, of a better angle, and are more zoomed in. The night elf one is farther zoomed out and from a higher angle and so is more pixelated. Just an interesting observaton I think. : )