I am playing Morrowind for the first time
Drasca,Feb 5 2005, 10:56 PM Wrote:Feel free to go exploring. It'll only help your running skill. Ahem. Athleticism. I agree with him on exploring balmora first, though. The "main quest" extremely relaxed. There is no time limit to do things in. So feel free to accept main quest from the half naked old guy blade and he'll tell you to go dilly dally around before coming back to do the main quest :)
[right][snapback]67313[/snapback][/right]

Awesome. That was just the answer I was hoping for :)
[ Wrote:Angel,Feb 5 2005, 10:27 PM]I didn't mean "don't explore", as I feel exploring Vvardenfell is one of the most entertaining ways to get around. It is by walking that you explore this world for all its worth. What I meant to say was, if you need to travel between villages, ports and towns, there are other - more safe - ways than walking.

Hehe. Any thing can be killed with a bow... and enough ammo. Mage user--well requires some magic regen *g*

Glad that's cleared up. I wanted to make sure Deebye knew 'its perfectly safe and wonderful to explore--that's part of the game' and in retrospect. . . new players are in no place to judge whether he's 'ready' for the wilderness or not. So, best to let him run free.

Those of us who've played the game several times... well. Daggoth Ur is a weenie!

Did you know? Vivec is actually two different creatures, depending on whether you've won the main quest (defeated Dagoth Ur for sure) or not. He's a lot more powerful before you've completed the quest as opposed to afterward. A lot of kids brag about beating a wimpy Vivec, but they're fighting a watered-down version of him. If he can only cast his powerful tri-elemental attack spell 2-3 times, that's the weak version. Vivec the God (before dagoth ur's death) can cast it almost non-stop.. easily enough times to kill every character several times over.

and his soul... well worth killing for :)
WarLocke,Feb 5 2005, 07:52 PM Wrote:I should reinstall Morrowind.  I liked my Dunmer sorceress.  But running around in tights and a cape is so damned fun...
[right][snapback]67274[/snapback][/right]
I must admit that out of the MW characters I have played I preferred playing an Altmer/Atronach spellcaster. Melee is more powerful in 1v1 fights, but tossing out an AoE Absorb Health can make you feel a bit closer to godhood. And the combo will have a huge Magicka pool (starts out with more than 200).

As for tights and capes... Squids can have fun too :P
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->