How do you avoid wiping ininstances?
MongoJerry,Feb 8 2005, 11:24 PM Wrote:My philosophy is:  Being out of mana is just an excuse.  With first aide bandages, Inner Focus, mana potions, my robe that lowers the mana cost of my next spell by 500, and my trinket that regens 300 mana over 15 seconds, when I run out of mana, I'm just getting started.  :lol:
[right][snapback]67633[/snapback][/right]

The exception not the rule, unfortunately.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Xanthix,Feb 8 2005, 09:25 AM Wrote:If this is true, using DI to prevent a wipe seems like it would require a lot of communication and effort. Plus, in the zeal to prevent a wipe, you may accidentally cause one out of an otherwise survivable situation, because DI removes the pally and the priest (ie, the healers) from the fight.
[right][snapback]67550[/snapback][/right]

It certainly does favor those with fast and accurate typing.

Some wipes you can see coming.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
After thinking about this for awhile, I was wondering. What happens when Goblin Jumper Cables fail? Do you just loose the cables? If so, if you have more, can you keep trying until they work? Or do you only get one shot of resurrecting someone, and if the cables explode they can't be resurrected? I may have to look into Engineering...
Xanthix,Feb 11 2005, 03:02 PM Wrote:After thinking about this for awhile, I was wondering. What happens when Goblin Jumper Cables fail? Do you just loose the cables? If so, if you have more, can you keep trying until they work? Or do you only get one shot of resurrecting someone, and if the cables explode they can't be resurrected? I may have to look into Engineering...
[right][snapback]67851[/snapback][/right]
I only got around to using them a few times in the beta. My small sample size was running at about 50% for success or failure. There is cooldown after using them of 1 hour if I remember correctly. I have heard of players that have had them explode on some of the failures which leaves you with having to make another set for later use then.