Instances
Hello.
I have a question about random spawned named in instances.
There is a mob in Blackrock Depths, that goes by the name of Lord Roccor, a 51+ Elite Elemental. According to the descriptions I see, he is a named that wanders the prison/entry area. He also has a % chance to drop an enchantment I would like to get my hands on. I have been to BRD 5 times, and have not seen him up yet.
My question is, does restarting the instance give him a % chance to spawn or does time of instance creation determine when he is up? As in...do I have to keep restarting the instance to get him up so I can get my enchantment, or do I just have to rely on luck when entering?

Thanks in advance. =)
Kamisama,Feb 2 2005, 08:40 PM Wrote:Hello.
  I have a question about random spawned named in instances.
  There is a mob in Blackrock Depths, that goes by the name of Lord Roccor, a 51+ Elite Elemental.  According to the descriptions I see, he is a named that wanders the prison/entry area. He also has a % chance to drop an enchantment I would like to get my hands on. I have been to BRD 5 times, and have not seen him up yet.
  My question is, does restarting the instance give him a % chance to spawn or does time of instance creation determine when he is up?  As in...do I have to keep restarting the instance to get him up so I can get my enchantment, or do I just have to rely on luck when entering?

Thanks in advance. =)
[right][snapback]67001[/snapback][/right]

I've run into him every time I was in BRD in Beta. He has a fixed patrol so if you waited near the prison he should come across you before too long. I recommend dancing until he shows. Though they may have made him a rare spawn.... ;)

Resetting the instance (ie everyone out of the group and reform with a new leader) should make him spawn eventually. Though its just superstition that you need a new leader each time. ;)
He definitely did not spawn all the time in the beta. He's always been a "rare spawn." Yeah, you can wait for a while to see if he patrols through the main room. If he doesn't, then you'll have to reform the group and restart the instance and hope he respawns. That is, if the group you're with has the patience to do this for you. I got my enchanting recipe by frequently getting to BRD before everyone else and watching for Rocco. If I saw him, then I could convince my group to help me get him before doing the usual emperor run.
There's also a ghost in the Scarlet Monastery graveyard wearing a swashbuckler's shirt. I've only seen him once; never spawned since then.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Feb 7 2005, 01:01 PM Wrote:There's also a ghost in the Scarlet Monastery graveyard wearing a swashbuckler's shirt.  I've only seen him once; never spawned since then.

Actually, there are three possible rare spawns in the graveyard. The place is kind of cool that way. I wish there were a quest or two involving the graveyard part of that section of the instance. (I'm not counting the one given to Horde players by the tortured deathguard, since that's right near the instance entrance).

There also used to be a rare spawn called Panzer in BRD in the area with the golems right before Seven Dwarfs. He dropped some hot warrior item, but I haven't seen him in retail.

There's a yellow-flagged named spawn on the streets of Stratholme, too. It's easy to pass by him if you're not looking for him. And, there's a rare spawn in upper blackrock spire in the first room. I got a very nice caster helm off him.
I've seen Panzer in retail.

There's also Skul in Stratholme. He's pretty close to the entrance. I believe you turn left to head towards crusader square, and then turn left again and he's in the dead end there.
Thanks for the info all.
One night I got a few friends and we reset the instance many times.
After 3 Roccor kills, the enchantment dropped. =)
Kamisama,Feb 8 2005, 06:21 PM Wrote:Thanks for the info all.
One night I got a few friends and we reset the instance many times.
After 3 Roccor kills, the enchantment dropped. =)
[right][snapback]67615[/snapback][/right]

How exactly do you reset an instance?
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Feb 9 2005, 10:12 AM Wrote:How exactly do you reset an instance?
[right][snapback]67675[/snapback][/right]

Exit instance and disband party. New leader reforms party and head in.
Tal,Feb 9 2005, 09:46 AM Wrote:Exit instance and disband party. New leader reforms party and head in.
[right][snapback]67688[/snapback][/right]

Hm... I've tried that and it didn't work. But that was only with a two-man party.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Feb 9 2005, 09:02 PM Wrote:Hm... I've tried that and it didn't work.  But that was only with a two-man party.
[right][snapback]67728[/snapback][/right]

I think on some instances you need to give it 5 minutes before reforming.
also like to point out, lord roccor becomes kinda hard to follow because he's not a true wander a set path mob. Instead he seems to spawn a bit of the way into one of the prison area coridors, he'll then pathe across the prison area to another corridor, go down a bit, then ll despawn. A short while later he'll respawn in a totaly different corridor, and path through the prison area again.

noticed this funny behavior while watching him on track, when doing the Prison Break quest preclearing.
Zarathustra,Feb 9 2005, 05:02 PM Wrote:Hm... I've tried that and it didn't work.  But that was only with a two-man party.
[right][snapback]67728[/snapback][/right]

Sometimes it's buggy and won't reset the instance. Try switching party leader and/or the person going in first. That'll reset it for sure.
Found a new (for me) rare spawn miniboss on the streets in the ziggaraut area of Stratholme. It's a gargoyle named Stonespine. For us, he dropped these:

Verdant Footpads (boots)
118 Armor Leather
Increased healing done by 34
Increases damage done by nature spells by 17

One of my partymates mentioned that he also drops a really good cape.