Gnome Invasion!
http://www.cesspit.net/drupal/node/491
[Image: grogsig23nz.jpg]
I forgot all about this. I was going to participate. Darn!
Sir_Die_alot,Jan 29 2005, 02:35 PM Wrote:I forgot all about this. I was going to participate. Darn!
[right][snapback]66681[/snapback][/right]

I have absolutely no respect for those who did that. There were some on Bloodscalp, and many of the high-level warriors on both sides (Alliance was there more for show than for any real reason, since they couldn't kill the gnomes) lined up and killed them to prevent them from entering towns and lagging everything.

Warriors are not gimped. We could use some love, sure, but we are NOT gimped, and actions like this aren't going to befriend Blizzard.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Jan 29 2005, 04:14 PM Wrote:Warriors are not gimped.  We could use some love, sure, but we are NOT gimped, and actions like this aren't going to befriend Blizzard.
[right][snapback]66688[/snapback][/right]

I agree with this completely. My warrior has done just as well, if not better than the other characters I have played. Sure I don't have any experience with the high end stuff, my highest char being 34 right now. But that is over halway to the cap, and I haven't had any issues yet.

Some of the assinine things that have come out on the WoW forums about this whole deal sicken me as well. Someone compared it to what Martin Luther King did. I was glad to see he was told he just needed to stop gaming altogehter after a statement such as that, but still.

Class balance is currently pretty good. It will take time, but like I've said even Starcraft had 7 plus patches before Broodwar came along and another 4 or 5 after that, and a lot of people point to that as the epitome of balance. (Yeah yeah, different genre, differnet rules, but a lot of the lesson look to still have been applied).
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I agree aswell, this is not something to support. Ruining other players gaming is definately no way to get a point across, and it's too bad blizzard didn't give longer suspensions (3 hours? come on, what a joke).

But on the other end, during phase 2 of beta, warlocks were good, in fact the strongest class in the game because fear ruled supreme and uninterruptible channeling = win.

That being said, after they patched for phase 3, warlocks went down hill quite a bit, and it took probably 4/5 months (patch was in may/june) and warlocks recieved no love until they got talents, and even then it wasn't a HUGE improvement. Many of the warlock community have shown blizzard using pure numbers and logging that many numbers for the warlock class were incorrect, and those STILL haven't been fixed.

Frankly, i think this game was a tad rushed, but i've heard of worse stories about other games. To me, this game still feels alot like beta, and not a full retail version. There have been few changes since beta aswell (2 new dungeons? snore).

They seem to be slow to actually get anything done aswell considering in the last 3 months of beta they released 3 or 4 rather significant patches and since release i think they've only released 1.

All i can say is, post in the forums, and keep posting, and continue posting until they get the idea that something needs to be fixed.
I heard about this on Mal'Ganis weeks ago. And it was just for fun.

I don't know why anyone would protest like this, it's just going to annoy Blizzard and make them spiteful.
Artega,Jan 29 2005, 06:14 PM Wrote:Warriors are not gimped.  We could use some love, sure, but we are NOT gimped, and actions like this aren't going to befriend Blizzard.
[right][snapback]66688[/snapback][/right]
Heh.

Warriors are pound for pound less able to deal out damage than rogues. This is the single defining point of every complaint against warriors. And it's ridiculous.

Do people want warriors in groups? Yes.
Do warriors have unique, in demand skills? Yes.
Is all the high level loot earned in raids, ie in groups? Yes.
Do people reject having endless rogues while searching for warriors? Yes.

Given all that, as "gimped" as warriors are, the complaints are from people who don't do high level content and are unhappy they can't "solo" as well as rogues. Well la dee da. I hope for some fixes to the warrior BUGS, but people who want them to deal out more than rogues are insane and stupid.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake
Artega,Jan 29 2005, 02:14 PM Wrote:I have absolutely no respect for those who did that.  There were some on Bloodscalp, and many of the high-level warriors on both sides (Alliance was there more for show than for any real reason, since they couldn't kill the gnomes) lined up and killed them to prevent them from entering towns and lagging everything.
I wouldn't have stayed long. 5 minutes of running around like an idiot is fun. Doing it for an hour+ is stupid. It's a game, play it. I certainly would have heeded the GM's call to leave the server, those who didn't got off easy IMO. I think you are confusing my having a little fun protesting warrior bugs and issues with the OMFG WARRIOR SUX FIX NOW BLUE people.
Quote:Warriors are not gimped.  We could use some love, sure, but we are NOT gimped, and actions like this aren't going to befriend Blizzard.
And that's what my little 5-10 minute protest would have been about. If it had been full of morons yelling "fix it bliz fix it bliz" instead of level 1 duels, running around and using every possible emote I probably wouldn't have stayed even the 5 minutes I had planned on. Chill out. :P