WOW Retail Patch Version 1.2.2
--> Clicky!
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:Horde and Alliance members cannot duel with each other regardless of realm type.
I don't understand this change. Why would they do this? It would only affect PvE servers, right?
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Malakar,Feb 1 2005, 07:39 AM Wrote:I don't understand this change. Why would they do this? It would only affect PvE servers, right?
[right][snapback]66857[/snapback][/right]

I think they mean no 'no damage no death' duels between Horde/Alliance, only PvP with death/damage. The 'duels' being what you can do with same side players.

(Only a guess as to what they meant)
--Mav
This has been pushed back a week.
Raziel,Feb 1 2005, 10:28 AM Wrote:This has been pushed back a week.
[right][snapback]66870[/snapback][/right]

For the NA servers, yes, but it's already done on EU and has been for a short while now. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Mavfin,Feb 1 2005, 07:43 AM Wrote:I think they mean no 'no damage no death' duels between Horde/Alliance, only PvP with death/damage.  The 'duels' being what you can do with same side players.

(Only a guess as to what they meant)
[right][snapback]66859[/snapback][/right]

I've had this happen on a PvE server. Had a level ?? Troll Hunter (viewed by a level 48 Night Elf Druid) that kept taunting me while I was in Ratchet looking for schematics for a friend. Eventually, he put down the duel flag and I figured, "sure, I can deal with a duel if it'll shut him up"

*coughs*

It flagged me as PvP and he killed me. Smooth. They're probably doing this as a quick fix to keep people from getting ganked like that.
See you in Town,
-Z
I would guess exactly that. Probably turning off the 'duel' choice if it's not same-side, so you're either PvP or you're not, for opposite-side purposes, while same-side can still duel with no deaths.

--Mav