What to socket
Greetings Lurkers,

I have finally completed my Griswald's Legacy :D.
My sockets are thus
Weapon : SHAEL (1), enhanced damage jewels (3); don't have OHM *sigh*
Helm : P-Topaz or P-Ruby (don't even suggest BER i am not nearly rich enough)
Body : PUL or P-Topaz or P-Ruby; will PUL increase defense (+30%) just the base armor 437 or full armor 937
Shield : P-Diamond (3); UMs are just too valuable to waste where Diamonds will do.

Other items
Amulet: Seraph's Hymn
Ring: Raven Frost
Ring: Dual leech rare
Glove: Soul Drainer 7/7
Boots: Gore Riders or War Traveler's (decision based on choice of armor sockets)
Belt: Wilhelm's Pride

Skills : Avenger Build
20 - Vengance
20 - Conviction
10 - Resist Fire, Resist Cold, Resist Lightning
20 - Holy Shield
and other 1pt stuff

[Image: ThiefLogo.jpg]

"What cannot kill you, isn't worth fighting." - Anon.
Chameleon, The Lost Thief *Fades away into the darkness*
Chameleon,Jan 28 2005, 10:12 PM Wrote:Greetings Lurkers,

I have finally completed my Griswald's Legacy :D.
My sockets are thus
Weapon : SHAEL (1), enhanced damage jewels (3); don't have OHM *sigh*
Helm : P-Topaz or P-Ruby (don't even suggest BER i am not nearly rich enough)
Body : PUL or P-Topaz or P-Ruby; will PUL increase defense (+30%) just the base armor 437 or full armor 937
Shield : P-Diamond (3); UMs are just too valuable to waste where Diamonds will do.

Other items
Amulet: Seraph's Hymn
Ring: Raven Frost
Ring: Dual leech rare
Glove: Soul Drainer 7/7
Boots: Gore Riders or War Traveler's (decision based on choice of armor sockets)
Belt: Wilhelm's Pride

Skills : Avenger Build
20 - Vengance
20 - Conviction
10 - Resist Fire, Resist Cold, Resist Lightning
20 - Holy Shield
and other 1pt stuff
[right][snapback]66653[/snapback][/right]

If your resists are below 50%, I'd go for the P.Diamond in the shield. If resists aren’t a problem, then I'd socket the weapon with the Shael, but only if the shael will increase your FPS. If neither of those scenarios hold true, then I think you should do the P.Ruby in the helmet!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Chameleon,Jan 29 2005, 06:12 AM Wrote:Body : PUL or P-Topaz or P-Ruby; will PUL increase defense (+30%) just the base armor 437 or full armor 937
[right][snapback]66653[/snapback][/right]
I'm pretty sure it'll only increase 30% of the base defense. So you'll get an increase of 131 defense on the armor which isn't really that bad considering skills that increase defense will increase it even more.
Grul,Jul 5 2005, 03:17 PM Wrote:I'm pretty sure it'll only increase 30% of the base defense. So you'll get an increase of 131 defense on the armor which isn't really that bad considering skills that increase defense will increase it even more.
[right][snapback]82495[/snapback][/right]
I think the + defense goes on before the +%.

Also, don't bother with the shael in the shield. You already have 2 fps blocking, and need 86% fbr to hit 1 fps. Although, I must admit there is a big difference between the two, and you may want to stick a few shaels in.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Jul 9 2005, 11:15 PM Wrote:I think the + defense goes on before the +%.
[right][snapback]82976[/snapback][/right]

No. ED comes first, then +defense.
While I don't have the full set, I put three pTopazes in Armor. 72% magic find is always a good thing.
adeyke,Jul 10 2005, 11:09 AM Wrote:No.  ED comes first, then +defense.
[right][snapback]82998[/snapback][/right]
Now I know why that sounded weird to me. I think the %ED goes on anything with defense first, but %EDefense on, say, a weapon goes on after the + defense.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Jul 11 2005, 11:39 AM Wrote:Now I know why that sounded weird to me.  I think the %ED goes on anything with defense first, but %EDefense on, say, a weapon goes on after the + defense.
[right][snapback]83095[/snapback][/right]

Right. It's like with weapons. You find the armour defense by multiplying the base by the enhanced defense and add the +defense. Then you add up all the armour defenses and multiply the sum by the off-armour enhanced defense to get the total defense.