Where exactly are you guys?
Ok, I got a character on Tich, level 28 undead rogue, been having great fun playing him so far...but I hardly see any Lurkers! It's a rare occurence to even see ONE online...where are you guys? Are you on the other servers or what? Should I be moving to Terenas or Stormrage?

Basically, I just need someone to give me a basic rundown of what is the typical Lurker population on the other servers - I am thinking of starting an alt, but the presence of LL/Basiners will play a large factor in my decision.
Cyath,Jan 26 2005, 10:01 PM Wrote:Ok, I got a character on Tich, level 28 undead rogue, been having great fun playing him so far...but I hardly see any Lurkers! It's a rare occurence to even see ONE online...where are you guys? Are you on the other servers or what? Should I be moving to Terenas or Stormrage?
[right][snapback]66493[/snapback][/right]
The guild on Terenas is just over a week old, so we're still a little small, but we do frequently have people online, even in the wee hours of the morning. :) We're also a horde guild over on Terenas. There isn't a concentrated population of Basiners though.

Stormrage frequently has between 5 and 10 people on (or at least it does when I'm on). During offtimes, it usually drops to 2 or 3 people and during peak times we've gotten almost 20 people online. Maybe more at some point when I wasn't online. Quite a few basiners though and there's a channel for both lurkers and basiners for cross guild discussions. It's an alliance guild on Stormrage.

I'd love to have more people on Terenas and it's already much less lonely over there than before we made the guild. There's still room for more! ;)

*plugs Terenas shamelessly*
Intolerant monkey.
I'm on Bloodscalp, level 53 Tauren Warrior. Haven't seen any other Lurkers, but I haven't made an effort to look, either. I did see a Zarathustra, but he wasn't the Zarathustra here.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I used to play on tichondrius a lot. I've still got a level 23 undead mage on there, but I don't play him much anymore. I've been hanging around Laughing Skull, with a bit of Stormrage thrown in.

Tichondrius is kinda dead. When I played on there a lot, it was rare to see more than two people in the lurker chat at once.
I kinda forgot about the lurker channel on Tich, I assumed that all the lurkers were in the guild (except Znassin of course). I've been on a lot more since my christmas break ended and I got back to my own computer, but it seems to me like my brother and I are usually the only ones that play between 5PM and 2AM Alaska Time. Sometimes I wish there were more lurkers on, but so far I haven't had any trouble finding decent pickup groups, as long I'm not trying to do one of the unpopular instances like BFD, Gnomeregan, or RFD. Perhaps we need a combined Lurker/Basiner chat channel or somesuch.
Boutros,Jan 27 2005, 01:42 AM Wrote:I kinda forgot about the lurker channel on Tich, I assumed that all the lurkers were in the guild (except Znassin of course). I've been on a lot more since my christmas break ended and I got back to my own computer, but it seems to me like my brother and I are usually the only ones that play between 5PM and 2AM Alaska Time. Sometimes I wish there were more lurkers on, but so far I haven't had any trouble finding decent pickup groups, as long I'm not trying to do one of the unpopular instances like BFD, Gnomeregan, or RFD. Perhaps we need a combined Lurker/Basiner chat channel or somesuch.
[right][snapback]66501[/snapback][/right]

@All:

My one and only char for now is a 27 (ding just last night :)) warllock on tichondrius.

I think the real problem we have is that the Lurker guild PvE is concentrated on Stormrage while the Lurker PvPers are rather spread out across different servers.

I think Mongo has taken a little break. :)

Oh yeah, my computer has also been randomly rebooting itself while playing WoW since the 16 hour maintenance so it's hard for me to play right now. Extremely frustrating when WoW just resets my system every 5-10 minutes (or longer if i am lucky)

Smithy
smithy,Jan 27 2005, 12:44 PM Wrote:I think the real problem we have is that the Lurker guild PvE is concentrated on Stormrage while the Lurker PvPers are rather spread out across different servers.
[right][snapback]66521[/snapback][/right]
I think you nailed it there, too. The Lurker PvE'rs wanted to assemble on one server for more enjoyable group play, while Lurker PvP'rs had no such compulsion and wound up spread out very thinly. Not sure why, condering that guilds are even more important on PvP than PvE.

There's maybe one time that I logged on to Stormrage and I was the only Lurker there. During primetime it's always got 15-20 online, and the people there are a blast!

I do know that when I'm ready for some Horde action, I'll be playing on Terenas. For now, though, I'd like to actually GET to the end-game stuff with a character, and my priest on Stormrage is the closest thing I've got. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Znassin is me! If you see me around and need anything just ask me. I left the LL guild because it was relatively inactive and joined up with a great group of guys (Grim Vengeance).

Znassin - Lvl59 Troll Priest (almost there!Wink
Tichondrius Server
"I think you nailed it there, too. The Lurker PvE'rs wanted to assemble on one server for more enjoyable group play, while Lurker PvP'rs had no such compulsion and wound up spread out very thinly. Not sure why, condering that guilds are even more important on PvP than PvE."

That's right, you hit the nail on the head...so what are we going to do about it? ^_^ Can we get all the Lurkers back into Tich, or at least persuade more to join us? How about making alts? It's really lonely on the server, 97% of the time I am the only guild member there...

Cyath,Jan 28 2005, 12:49 AM Wrote:"I think you nailed it there, too. The Lurker PvE'rs wanted to assemble on one server for more enjoyable group play, while Lurker PvP'rs had no such compulsion and wound up spread out very thinly. Not sure why, condering that guilds are even more important on PvP than PvE."

That's right, you hit the nail on the head...so what are we going to do about it? ^_^ Can we get all the Lurkers back into Tich, or at least persuade more to join us? How about making alts? It's really lonely on the server, 97% of the time I am the only guild member there...
[right][snapback]66556[/snapback][/right]

Always plenty of room on Bloodscalp for when the character-moving begins. There are two highly organized Horde guilds that I'm aware of, but I'm not sure about Alliance. Either side with Lurkers would be fine with me - it'd be great to have competent opponents every now and then :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Tichondrius? Maybe as soon as I can get in there reliably without hitting a 100-900 person queue.
Treesh,Jan 26 2005, 11:27 PM Wrote:The guild on Terenas is just over a week old, so we're still a little small, but we do frequently have people online, even in the wee hours of the morning. :) We're also a horde guild over on Terenas.  There isn't a concentrated population of Basiners though.

Stormrage frequently has between 5 and 10 people on (or at least it does when I'm on).  During offtimes, it usually drops to 2 or 3 people and during peak times we've gotten almost 20 people online.  Maybe more at some point when I wasn't online.  Quite a few basiners though and there's a channel for both lurkers and basiners for cross guild discussions.  It's an alliance guild on Stormrage.

I'd love to have more people on Terenas and it's already much less lonely over there than before we made the guild.  There's still room for more!  ;) 

*plugs Terenas shamelessly*
[right][snapback]66494[/snapback][/right]
Terenas is nice. No long waits to get on. Not crowded. Only once have I had lag of any significance in Ogrimar, and Sir_ and I are online a lot.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]