Disconnecting after most quests
I am putting this here in case anyone has heard of this , I will try the Europe forums too . Everything was fine until around level 15 , now after I hand a quest in , usually the ones where the quest giver goes straight into another quest , now its every quest , I get disconnected from server , and have to reboot because I lose all net access and log back on . Everything else in the game is fine , its just handing quests in and like I say it was'nt always like this . Quests being a major part of the game , this is a pain :angry: So if anyone has heard of anything similar , please let me know . Also I had quite a few chars in the US beta and this never happened once .
Take care
Raven Vale,Jan 12 2005, 06:39 PM Wrote:I am putting this here in case anyone has heard of this , I will try the Europe forums too . Everything was fine until around level 15 , now after I hand a quest in , usually the ones where the quest giver goes straight into another quest , now its every quest , I get disconnected from server , and have to reboot because I lose all net access and log back on . Everything else in the game is fine , its just handing quests in and like I say it was'nt always like this . Quests being a major part of the game , this is a pain  :angry:  So if anyone has heard of anything similar , please let me know . Also I had quite a few chars in the US beta and this never happened once .
[right][snapback]65145[/snapback][/right]

Are you using QuestMinion? (Even as part of cosmos). Because a QM bug caused this exact behavior.
malphigian,Jan 27 2005, 12:08 PM Wrote:Are you using QuestMinion?  (Even as part of cosmos).  Because a QM bug caused this exact behavior.
[right][snapback]66518[/snapback][/right]

My guildmate has this happen to him often, and it started long before he had QuestMinion.

If you check the Technical Support forums for WoW, many people have had this issue. Blizzard points it, most often, to network drivers. People who suffer from this problem also typically suffer from "Unknown Entity" problems.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!

Ah, I had a similar problem (in addition to the quest minion one, lucky me) with Unknown Entities. It was in fact my network drives (nvidia nforce integrated), I just had to toggle a setting in there. I can't remember the name, but he official WoW knowledge base describes the problem.

When I had that, it didn't have anything to do with quests. The Quest disconnecting I got was from QM alone.
Yeah my card did'nt have that setting "Checksum disable" iirc, nor did I use Cosmos . Mine got so bad it was disconnecting every quest , and 2 days ago could not log in , was getting the unknown entity etc and dropping out . Yesterday I bought a new network card and all my problems have gone away :) the old card was the Netgear fa311 , blizz tech support dont like this card at all , not suprised , it must be over 4 years old , my broadband providers suggested throwing it in the bin and getting a new one , so I did . Oh happy days :)
Take care
Raven Vale,Jan 28 2005, 03:46 AM Wrote:Yeah my card did'nt have that setting "Checksum disable" iirc, nor did I use Cosmos . Mine got so bad it was disconnecting every quest , and 2 days ago could not log in , was getting the unknown entity etc and dropping out . Yesterday I bought a new network card and all my problems have gone away :) the old card was the Netgear fa311 , blizz tech support dont like this card at all , not suprised , it must be over 4 years old , my broadband providers suggested throwing it in the bin and getting a new one , so I did . Oh happy days :)
[right][snapback]66576[/snapback][/right]

The FA311 is junk as is the FA312. I had to ditch mine becuase a it would prevent my system from doing a restart. The system would restart the video card would initialize and then the system would just hang (Asus A7M266 mobo) until I hit the poower or reset button on the case. This wasn't a horrible problem for awhile as my machine usuaully runs until I install some software that requries a restart, but it got too annoying when I was doing some hardware upgrades, so I plunked $15 on a US Robotics el cheapo (but not a host based card) and have been happy ever since.

So yeah, network cards can cause problems in video games.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Funny that , I bought a U.S.Robotics too , my gaming experienced has improved so much , who would have thought it :)
Take care