DVD collections Lemming doesn't want to see
It seems every time I look at the DVD shelf at Wal-Mart, there's yet another "Complete Nth Season" of some show that isn't even on in re-runs anymore. In many ways, this is rather cool. There are plenty of good TV shows that I wouldn't mind having on DVD. But, naturally, I started thinking... what wouldn't I want to see?
  • CNN : The Complete First Year on fewer than 3000 DVDs! Now you, too, can watch the news from 1980 as if it was really happening!<>
  • Public Access Religious Programming. There's a lot of religious programming around here. We have 3 channels completely devoted to religious programming, and many of the local network affiliates air local preachers on Sunday mornings. Does anyone even watch this stuff?<>
  • The Weather Channel: Over 20 Years of What It Was Like Outside. This speaks for itself, really.<>
  • The Complete Collection of McDonald's Television Commercials. The sad thing is that someone would actually purchase this.<>
  • The Emergency Broadcast System: This is Only a Test (Link)<>
  • Yesterday on the Discovery Channel. "If you enjoyed our programming today, you may purchase the complete 24-hour broadcast for only $19.95." Applies to any cable network that tries hocking its shows before/after the end credits roll.<>
    [st]What's on your list?

-Lemmus amurensis
The Complete Infomercial Library with host Billy Mays
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
"Letterman through the ages - The complete series"

Letterman's funny and all, but he does the same 10 jokes 4 nights a week. It gets tedious once you get that he's doing the same material week after week.

By the way, I'm one of those people who get all my favourite series on DVD. :)

So far I have (seasons in brackets)
* Buffy - the vampire slayer (1-7 + OMWF-DVD)
* Firefly (1/2 :()
* The Sopranos (1-3)
* Frasier (1-3)
* Murder One (1-2)
* NYPD Blue (1-2)
* The Office (1-2 + Christmas specials)
* Little Britain (1)

The next ones on my list are Seinfeld and Angel.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
LemmingofGlory,Jan 24 2005, 10:41 AM Wrote:It seems every time I look at the DVD shelf at Wal-Mart, there's yet another "Complete Nth Season" of some show that isn't even on in re-runs anymore.
*snip*
What's on your list?

Lemmus amurensis
[right][snapback]66240[/snapback][/right]

For things that just should not be preserved . . .

The Complete Cleveland Browns Football games 1994-2004.
Some things need to stay in the past.

The Complete O'Reilly Seasons 1-X
Somethings need to be flushed.

The Complete Larry King Interview Series.
Softballs need to stay on softball fields.

The Complete Jerry Springer Collection
'Nuff said, unless there is a population segment keen on regurgitation. For them, I suggest a case of Perth Pink. ;)

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
TV Guide Channel: Scrolling Menus From the Last 10 Years of Television
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
[wcip]Angel,Jan 25 2005, Wrote:* Firefly (1/2 :()

Is Firefly worth watching? I stumbled over it at some insane hour once (in NZ), but wasn't awake enough to take it in other than seeing it was a J.W. show.
whyBish,Jan 25 2005, 12:31 AM Wrote:Is Firefly worth watching?&nbsp; I stumbled over it at some insane hour once (in NZ), but wasn't awake enough to take it in other than seeing it was a J.W. show.
[right][snapback]66294[/snapback][/right]

Immensely. I HATE Buffy, Angel, etc. (don't get me started), but Firefly is s true creative gem. Riddled with humor, sci-fi action, romance, drama, intrigue, all set in an outer-space Western setting. It's even better than it sounds (and MUCH better than it sounds if it sounds bad). They only have about half a season, as the show got pulled early, and was originally aired in completely random order, but overall it was an incredible show. EVERYONE I know or read about RAVES about this series.

BTW - the movie comes out in September. They've already finished filming; now it's all just special effects. I can't wait. :D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
There is a something unique about Firefly, an undeterminable factor that separates it from everything else. When you're done with the series after having laughed, cried, cursed and shouted for 10-or so hours, you're left with the unstoppable urge to go to an online forum proclaiming your hatred for Fox executives for having crapped all over Whedon's vision.

The series is truly magical. Let us hope it's ressurrected after the big screen production(s). With all the crap that's on televison, Firefly stands out as one of the few shows worth watching.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[wcip]Angel,Jan 25 2005, Wrote:With all the crap that's on televison...

I think the only thing you can get in television that isn't crap these days is snow.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Sounds like typical J.W. stuff. undefinable, quirky multi-dimensional characters, plot arcs, and a rug that gets pulled out from under him when he starts to get into the swing of things :unsure:
the Langolier,Jan 25 2005, 11:27 PM Wrote:I think the only thing you can get in television that isn't crap these days is snow.
[right][snapback]66385[/snapback][/right]

Lost is pretty good.
the Langolier,Jan 25 2005, 10:27 PM Wrote:I think the only thing you can get in television that isn't crap these days is snow.
[right][snapback]66385[/snapback][/right]
I say this with an appropriate amount of embarassment, but I'm enjoying "Desparate Housewives" each week. It is reminding me more and more of a "Twin Peaks", or maybe I just have a thing for Eva Longoria.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]