Another Program
After completing the afore' mentioned java project, I decided to make something that I might actually use in a little bit. Right now I'm taking Advanced Placement Biology, and we just got into the genetics section. And because a lot of our problem set was using a billion or so Punnett squares to cross a bunch of genotypes, I decided to write the program according to that.

So now, if anyone wants one, I have a free to anybody Punnett square calculator. It can cross up to (four?)-hybrids, or four genes each. (I know 2 is di-hybrid cross, 3 is tri hybrid cross, but I don't know what four is?) It'll then make the square, and calculate the statistics for genotypes and phenotypes. It's actually coming in quite handy right now, but I don't know how long that will last, expecially once we're out of the genetics sections.

There isn't a readme as of yet, and no help system, but basically, on the most simple cross, say a homozygous dominate something and a homozygous recessive something, you'd put AA (or any like allele combo) for male, and aa for female. Then push compute.

It'll bring up a few popups to define the phenotypes for each allele and which is recessive and which is dominant, but then it'll run the cross and do the stats.

I don't have a place to host things, so email me at:

mitchszz@hotmail.com

(but gmail accounts won't work. Gmail blocks the attachment + email because it thinks it's a virus, because afterall, it IS an application)
if you want anything/any help. Good luck for anyone in bio, hard class!

Oh, and you need java installed to run it, just double click!

On a side note, if anybody knows of anywhere for good, free (key part), hosting where I could host small java files like this for people to download, would be great! (I have a geocities account, but I know no HTML, so I have to use the builder they have. But lately it hasn't been loading for me, so I don't know what's up with that). But this would fix my issues with trying to send stuff to gmail people.

US East ROCKS!!! *Esahaettr

*I may not know the answer, but the voices in my head probably do.
*Cows may come and cows may go, but the bull in here will live on forever.
Does zipping the file help with the virus-recognition thing?

Mmm, punnet square. =)
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
Mephista,Jan 27 2005, 08:46 AM Wrote:Does zipping the file help with the virus-recognition thing?

[right][snapback]66512[/snapback][/right]
Nope, and they actually mean it because I've tried. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Feel free to send me this one too :shuriken:
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!