Spirit of Redemption Bug/Exploit
There's a bug/exploit involving Spirit of Redemption, and while I haven't nailed down all of the details, I'll give you what I do know.

Spirit of Redemption is a Holy Tree talent that at level 56 does the following: "Upon death, summons a Spirit of Redemption that heals nearby friendly targets for 966-1008 and 987 over 21 seconds." Basically, it's a chance for one last desperate heal when a fight goes haywire. It's like casting a flash heal and a renew on your party as you're going down.

The exploit comes in when a player dies while having the Spirit of Redeption buff on them. The buff stays on them even after the person dies and the icon says, "0 seconds left." The thing is that it continues to work. The person continues to get healed at the rate of 987 health/21 seconds indefinitely. I don't know if it works when someone is rezed, but I do know it works when the person with the Spirit of Redemption buff does a corpse retrieval run.
MongoJerry,Jan 20 2005, 09:02 PM Wrote:Spirit of Redemption is a Holy Tree talent that at level 56 does the following: "Upon death, summons a Spirit of Redemption that heals nearby friendly targets for 966-1008 and 987 over 21 seconds."  Basically, it's a chance for one last desperate heal when a fight goes haywire.  It's like casting a flash heal and a renew on your party as you're going down.
[right][snapback]65995[/snapback][/right]

Interesting. Does it also work upon death if the Priest is soulstoned but has yet to rez?
Tal,Jan 21 2005, 11:24 AM Wrote:Interesting. Does it also work upon death if the Priest is soulstoned but has yet to rez?

I imagine so, since the Spirit of Redeption does go off even when you're soulstoned.

You know, now that I think of it, it's possible that the target of the Spirit of Redemption (a warrior in this case) died before me. Perhaps he died, did not release, I died, he got hit with the SoR, then he released, and ran back. I need to find someone with whom I can test this stuff -- or someone else can test this stuff.
MongoJerry,Jan 21 2005, 12:09 PM Wrote:I imagine so, since the Spirit of Redeption does go off even when you're soulstoned.

You know, now that I think of it, it's possible that the target of the Spirit of Redemption (a warrior in this case) died before me.  Perhaps he died, did not release, I died, he got hit with the SoR, then he released, and ran back.  I need to find someone with whom I can test this stuff -- or someone else can test this stuff.
[right][snapback]66084[/snapback][/right]
I'd be happy to donate my time (and repair costs) on Tich MongoJerry. Especially if I can abuse the exploit for at least the time it takes for a GM to respond to a bug ticket. ;)

Tonight or Sat. morning works for me.

(Olona - 47 warrior on Tich.).
Olon97,Jan 21 2005, 04:38 PM Wrote:I'd be happy to donate my time (and repair costs) on Tich MongoJerry. Especially if I can abuse the exploit for at least the time it takes for a GM to respond to a bug ticket. ;)

Tonight or Sat. morning works for me.

(Olona - 47 warrior on Tich.).

Thanks, and don't worry about the repair costs. You can run around naked while we're doing the testing.