Battlegrounds Preview Part II
Blizzard has recently published the second part of their Battlegrounds Preview. You can also read the first part of their Battlegrounds Preview.
The neutral quest involving the Syndicate has me very interested. It's very similar to capture-the-flag, and that means that future Battlegrounds could be Capture-the-Flag affairs instead of genocidal rampages, and THAT'S what I'd be really interested playing in.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
MongoJerry,Jan 20 2005, 06:18 PM Wrote:Blizzard has recently published the second part of their Battlegrounds Preview.  You can also read the first part of their Battlegrounds Preview.
[right][snapback]65990[/snapback][/right]

Sorry I was remiss in posting the link, read it today at work and forgot to link it to the Lounge.

Looks interesting, and looks a bit like some of the Guild Wars fights, and for that matter, Chainmail game missions.

I wonder if the Battlegrounds will look for a "points range" to avoid too many 9 vs 3 fights, or 90 vs 30. They mention sizing the fight, and waiting for one's turn, whcih makes sense to me.

Occhi

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Artega,Jan 20 2005, 09:43 PM Wrote:The neutral quest involving the Syndicate has me very interested.  It's very similar to capture-the-flag, and that means that future Battlegrounds could be Capture-the-Flag affairs instead of genocidal rampages, and THAT'S what I'd be really interested playing in.

It sounds to me like the battlegrounds are a series of capture-the-flag games with genocidal rampages added to the mix. Capture the graveyard, capture the tower, capture the mine, etc.
It sounds like the Battlegrounds is similar to Warcraft 3, except the characters you play as are the individual units that make up a side. I like how Blizzard is using one of the things they know best to make an interesting and viable PvP option (at least in my opinion, not such a big fan of PvP) Sounds like fun.
Pesmerga,Jan 21 2005, 06:51 AM Wrote:I like how Blizzard is using one of the things they know best to make an interesting and viable PvP option (at least in my opinion, not such a big fan of PvP)  Sounds like fun.
[right][snapback]66038[/snapback][/right]

I agree - if battlegrounds work well, they should incorporate the best of RTS games like Starcraft/WarIII with the best of MMO games, with a little bit of CounterStrike thrown in for fun. Let's hope they workl. :)
Xanthix,Jan 21 2005, 12:35 PM Wrote:I agree - if battlegrounds work well, they should incorporate the best of RTS games like Starcraft/WarIII with the best of MMO games, with a little bit of CounterStrike thrown in for fun. Let's hope they workl. :)
[right][snapback]66059[/snapback][/right]

Hell yeah. We'll have Liches casting Frost Nova, swarms of cracklings, and Tauren running around with MP5s. What's not to like?
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.