Terenas Guild
Alright, I know that Treesh and I are the only ones there, but if anyone wants to do PvE Horde that is where we are at. After being assaulted numerous times to sign charters this weekend I've decided that I would like to start a Lurkers guild on Terenas. If you have been thinking about starting a Horde PvE now could be your time to do it. If you would just like to help Treesh and I out to get the charter signed that would be cool too.

I'm thinking around 8:00 EST tomorrow (18 Jan 05). Tauren would probably be the easiest if you're making a new char, but I can get to the troll and orc start spots quickly as well. I'm not sure if they fixed the bug with the charter disappearing when you change continents so unless you want to make the trek as undead I would suggest not that.

And yes, I know that Terenas was never mentioned as a Lurkers server, and if there is objection to starting a Lurkers guild (and I'm going with the name Lurkers) on what could be seen as a random server then I will do something else. Admittedly this is also part of my plan to get more people playing horde PvE as well since I keep hearing idle talk about that on Stormrage a fair bit. Just let me know.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Jan 17 2005, 07:02 PM Wrote:And yes, I know that Terenas was never mentioned as a Lurkers server, and if there is objection to starting a Lurkers guild (and I'm going with the name Lurkers) on what could be seen as a random server then I will do something else.  Admittedly this is also part of my plan to get more people playing horde PvE as well since I keep hearing idle talk about that on Stormrage a fair bit.  Just let me know.

No objections whatsoever. There are no "Lurkers servers." There are merely servers that happen to have more Lurkers on them than others. Stormrage and Tichonderous were mentioned as early suggestions simply because that was where the Amazon Basin was going and there's a lot of overlap between our two player populations. But people from all servers are welcome here, and players here are welcome to start characters and Lurker guilds on all servers, provided that the guidelines given above for Lurker guilds are respected.

I'll be happy to join in at 8pm EST tomorrow and sign your charter.
I'll try to make it (been meaning to try the Horde, although I was leaning to an Undead character - oh well). Not sure I can be there on time, but if I can, I will.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Jan 18 2005, 05:18 AM Wrote:I'll try to make it (been meaning to try the Horde, although I was leaning to an Undead character - oh well).  Not sure I can be there on time, but if I can, I will.
[right][snapback]65726[/snapback][/right]
You can still make an undead character. It's really not that hard for a low level Undead to make it to Orgrimmar. It's just the trek from Orgrimmar to Thunderbluff that takes a bit of time. ;) We (probably GG since I don't want to be a Guild Leader) can easily bring the charter to Orgrimmar so if you don't mind making the short run to Undercity and hop on a zepplin to get to Orgrimmar, make an undead character. GG and I made undead to help sign the Tichondrius character and we hoofed it to Thunderbluff with those two little ones. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Gnollguy,Jan 17 2005, 09:02 PM Wrote:Alright, I know that Treesh and I are the only ones there, but if anyone wants to do PvE Horde that is where we are at.  After being assaulted numerous times to sign charters this weekend I've decided that I would like to start a Lurkers guild on Terenas.  If you have been thinking about starting a Horde PvE now could be your time to do it.  If you would just like to help Treesh and I out to get the charter signed that would be cool too.

I'm thinking around 8:00 EST tomorrow (18 Jan 05).  Tauren would probably be the easiest if you're making a new char, but I can get to the troll and orc start spots quickly as well.  I'm not sure if they fixed the bug with the charter disappearing when you change continents so unless you want to make the trek as undead I would suggest not that.

And yes, I know that Terenas was never mentioned as a Lurkers server, and if there is objection to starting a Lurkers guild (and I'm going with the name Lurkers) on what could be seen as a random server then I will do something else.  Admittedly this is also part of my plan to get more people playing horde PvE as well since I keep hearing idle talk about that on Stormrage a fair bit.  Just let me know.
[right][snapback]65685[/snapback][/right]

Come join us on Tichondrius. :)

Seriously, my warlock is starting to hear voices just to fill all the silence. No one ever talks to her. :(

Anyway, sign me up. I'll be there if I have the time, and I think I should have the time.

Smithy
smithy,Jan 18 2005, 10:40 AM Wrote:Come join us on Tichondrius.  :)

Seriously, my warlock is starting to hear voices just to fill all the silence.  No one ever talks to her.  :(

Anyway, sign me up.  I'll be there if I have the time, and I think I should have the time.

Smithy
[right][snapback]65759[/snapback][/right]

I have to chars on Tichondrius. :) But in my playing I've decided I want to be more familar with the game through PvE before I really get serious with PvP. I plan to play the game for awhile and I realize there are disadvantages to "starting late" on a PvP server, but I want to know where things are better before I add the joy and frustration of PvP to it all. :) I also know that some people will probably never want to go PvP and still want to play Horde, so I'm trying to get them to join me on the quiet litte Terenas server. :)
---
Since I didn't state it and I don't want to assume, go ahead and join channel lurkers when you get there if you want to be able to communicate. Marntruehorn is the character who will be making and holding the charter if you want to whisper or whatever.

I'm online now if there are any early birds around as well. I'm just training up some of my weapon skills. :)
---
Yay, we did it. Thanks everyone for helping out. I got the 2nd to last sig at about 15 after. Then I waited another 20 minutes (beating on a PvP Night Elf who was bugging the little Tauren who didn't know how to stay out of PvP) and finally broke down and asked someone who was hanging about if they would sign and let me kick them right after I formed the guild. They did and I talked with them for a bit about the site, so they may end up back in at some point. Then about 5 minutes later WarLocke showed up. :)

But there is a Terenas Lurkers guild now.
---
I'll probably start one over there. I have my issues with Lightbringer. My reason for choosing it in the first place is no longer valid. I'd also like to try a bit of Horde, and a mountain time server will mesh a little better with my playing times (late pacific time, like 9-2ish) than Stormrage as an EST server.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
The group I play with (we are now 7 in number) have created alts there on Terenas. When we're "done" (whatever that means) with our current Alliance characters on Doomhammer, we'll be playing Horde on Terenas. To date, I am the only lurker among us, but since we don't generally join the same guild I'd like to participate once I start spending time on Terenas.

I'll make sure to join the channel and see if anyone's home whenever I stop in.

If Doomhammer's problems come back, we'll be there sooner :blink: I remember we chose Doomhammer at launch despite my wish to go for Stormrage because it seemed Stormrage was filling up fast. Now Doomhammer has a higher population (slightly) and it seems a lot more problems :(

We try to run at least one instance every Friday night (all of us are Mountain time) which is the extent of our organized play, although we often will have a couple of us party up otherwise. With 7 of us now instead of 5, we will be having some holes to fill to make up two parties... any glimmer of interest among any lurkers? 5/7 of us are married, and 4/7 of us have kids (at least 2), so while we have played consistently since the first week of December our pace isn't that high (we're in the mid-30s) so far.
vor_lord,Jan 24 2005, 09:45 AM Wrote:I'll make sure to join the channel and see if anyone's home whenever I stop in.

[right][snapback]66233[/snapback][/right]
We'll be happy to have you. We're small, but growing. :D There's usually at least someone on a lot of the time so chances are you'll be able to catch someone home. :)
Intolerant monkey.
I'm a part of the group that vor_lord mentioned, and have been a passive reader of LL for a long time. I was a serious D2 player that had to quit and seek counseling. Currently balancing WoW and real life much better than I did with D2. A very sad introduction, but I would like to participate in the Guild on Terenas as well. You should also start seeing a bit more of me here.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Just thought I would brag. Our new tabard. :wub: Cost me 9 gold (Alram chipped in 1g) but it was worth it!
Just kind of an update/request deal: If you join the lurkers channel on Terenas, please say something when you join. I sometimes miss the "<name> has joined Lurkers", but I usually don't miss it when people actually say something. Unfortunately Kashidos (I can't remember the exact name but is started with a K and had an O somewhere in there ;) ), I was in channel, but I didn't notice that you joined the channel until I saw the leaving message. :( So sorry about that. We really do want more people in the guild and weren't just snubbing you. :)

Edit: You can also do a /chatwho lurkers after you join the channel and give one of us a whisper if you see someone there. That'll probably be the most noticeable.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Feb 10 2005, 06:27 PM Wrote:Just kind of an update/request deal:&nbsp; If you join the lurkers channel on Terenas, please say something when you join.&nbsp; I sometimes miss the "<name> has joined Lurkers", but I usually don't miss it when people actually say something.&nbsp; Unfortunately Kashidos (I can't remember the exact name but is started with a K and had an O somewhere in there ;) ), I was in channel, but I didn't notice that you joined the channel until I saw the leaving message. :(&nbsp; So sorry about that.&nbsp; We really do want more people in the guild and weren't just snubbing you. :)

Edit: You can also do a /chatwho lurkers after you join the channel and give one of us a whisper if you see someone there.&nbsp; That'll probably be the most noticeable.
[right][snapback]67796[/snapback][/right]
Well, it may have been someone else you were referring to, but I was briefly in the Lurkers channel yesteday, and my character has a K and an O in it (Kenagor) and I didn't say anything. I was just poking around and fiddling with my UI while the Doomhammer server rebooted. When I get around to playing actively on the Terenas server, I'll make a little noise in the Lurkers channel. I didn't pop in and then leave after feeling ignored or anything like that. I just tinkered with Flexbar for that character and logged out. Doomhammer was back up, so I prepped for a Scarlet Monastery run for tonight.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
bonemage,Feb 11 2005, 10:12 AM Wrote:Well, it may have been someone else you were referring to, but I was briefly in the Lurkers channel yesteday, and my character has a K and an O in it (Kenagor) and I didn't say anything.&nbsp; I was just poking around and fiddling with my UI while the Doomhammer server rebooted.&nbsp; When I get around to playing actively on the Terenas server, I'll make a little noise in the Lurkers channel.&nbsp; I didn't pop in and then leave after feeling ignored or anything like that.&nbsp; I just tinkered with Flexbar for that character and logged out.&nbsp; Doomhammer was back up, so I prepped for a Scarlet Monastery run for tonight.
[right][snapback]67833[/snapback][/right]
Kenagor sounds familiar. Glad to know you were just tinkering around. I only got a little worried about it because a couple of days ago it was mentioned that others from Stormrage came to Terenas, but no one was paying attention to the Lurkers channel on Terenas (or was in the channel I forget which exactly) at the time so they didn't get into the guild just then and I didn't want repeats of that. :)
Intolerant monkey.