Quest log limit
Hmm, it is my understanding that one has a reputation versus each race, right? The only real effect I read about was to get cheaper mounts, but anyway, is the reputation in existance even for PvE servers?

Now, from the look of it, one get a higher reputation by doing quests for the race, but I came across a thread in another site's forum that claimed abandoning quests lowered your reputation, is that true? That would be a REAL big issue for the "work arrounds" to small quest log people propose. No?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
maggellann,Jan 18 2005, 05:30 AM Wrote:Another nice site for quest information:

Allakhazam
Greetings,
Maggellann
[right][snapback]65728[/snapback][/right]

[Image: rant.gif]

With how often that url has been spammed, both in and out of game, no thanks. The owner is just too gung-ho about getting the word out and it annoys me to have to /ignore all the time or see it pop up in so many threads at the WoW boards when people aren't even asking for it/about it like they do Thottbot. It didn't bother me when it was in reply to "Thottbot's down. Is there anywhere else I can get the info?" It should be mentioned in that situation, but not in every single conversation/post at the WoW boards. I don't care how good of a site it is; I'm sick of hearing about it.

Now my rant is done and I feel better. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Jarulf,Jan 18 2005, 08:43 AM Wrote:Hmm, it is my understanding that one has a reputation versus each race, right? The only real effect I read about was to get cheaper mounts, but anyway, is the reputation in existance even for PvE servers?

Now, from the look of it, one get a higher reputation by doing quests for the race, but I came across a thread in another site's forum that claimed abandoning quests lowered your reputation, is that true? That would be a REAL big issue for the "work arrounds" to small quest log people propose. No?
[right][snapback]65741[/snapback][/right]
Faction reputation is different from the PvP rep that's going to be implemented so yes, it's in existance on the PvE servers.

I've never noticed losing rep by abandoning quests. I don't abandon that many, but I've yet to see me lose rep over it. Maybe I just never noticed it and it happened anyway, but there's never been any text saying I've lost reputation and I haven't noticed the rep bars themselves go down, but that can be hard to tell anyway.
Intolerant monkey.
Another thing I have learned is when to wait on those quest that have you deliver something to a new zone. Those are your introductions to a new zone quests. I hold off on doing those until I'm done with the zone I'm in. That way I don't get two zones or more worth of quests in the log.

They are pretty easy to spot on most occasions. Delive this note/item/letter to Soandso in ZoneX.
Ruvanal,Jan 18 2005, 04:23 AM Wrote:It was already listed earlier here, but I would recomend for you to have the QuestHistory mod.
[right][snapback]65725[/snapback][/right]
I just started using this last night and I already love it. Just a tip on using it. Keep one slot open in your quest log. When you come to a yellow bang (or discover an NPC that has one that is still green), accept the quest and then abandon it. This puts it in quest history as an abandoned quest so you can refer back to it later. You can sort them by area or level so you can decide what to go back to. This and Cosmos functionality are at least two things Blizzard should consider adding to the game software. They are things that I can't see not using now that I have.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Jan 18 2005, 05:38 PM Wrote:I just started using this last night and I already love it.[right][snapback]65824[/snapback][/right]

Quoted for truth. I can't imagine not have QuestHistory installed now. :shuriken:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Jarulf,Jan 18 2005, 07:43 AM Wrote:Now, from the look of it, one get a higher reputation by doing quests for the race, but I came across a thread in another site's forum that claimed abandoning quests lowered your reputation, is that true? That would be a REAL big issue for the "work arrounds" to small quest log people propose. No?

I'm not sure what that person was smoking. I guess it's a matter of opportunity cost if you abandon the quest permanently. But no, you won't lose any reputation by abandoning the quest. It's just that if you abandon the quest and never come back to it, then you will have lost an opportunity to increase your reputation with that faction.
Quest History is very nice. Thank you for the linky. :)
Stormrage: Rocdog - Night Elf Hunter - Skinning/Leatherworking
Stormrage: Bait - Human Warrior - Herbalism/Alchemy
rocdog,Jan 21 2005, 01:28 AM Wrote:Quest History is very nice.  Thank you for the linky. :)
[right][snapback]65992[/snapback][/right]
Seconded, installed it along with Cosmos a day or two ago, and have already gotten completely used to it :)
-Leshy, Pizza Lover Extraordinaire
http://www.leshy.net
MongoJerry,Jan 21 2005, 12:27 AM Wrote:I'm not sure what that person was smoking.  I guess it's a matter of opportunity cost if you abandon the quest permanently.  But no, you won't lose any reputation by abandoning the quest.  It's just that if you abandon the quest and never come back to it, then you will have lost an opportunity to increase your reputation with that faction.
[right][snapback]65982[/snapback][/right]

Ahh, good to hear, it did sound a bit strange.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Warning! Since I mentioned QuestHistory, I have to put this out. Some people, including me, have experienced problems with QuestHistory where it either crashes, or the game never finishes loading, with certain characters + quests. Judging by the forum responses, it seems to happen most often on delivery quests, and when it does there's always (I think) a (Complete) in your Quest Log.

So if you have loading issues or such, try disabling QuestHistory before killing your computer.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Jan 25 2005, 09:55 PM Wrote:Warning!  Since I mentioned QuestHistory, I have to put this out.  Some people, including me, have experienced problems with QuestHistory where it either crashes, or the game never finishes loading, with certain characters + quests.  Judging by the forum responses, it seems to happen most often on delivery quests, and when it does there's always (I think) a (Complete) in your Quest Log.

So if you have loading issues or such, try disabling QuestHistory before killing your computer.
[right][snapback]66382[/snapback][/right]

Update: QuestHistory has come out with version 2 which side-steps (I won't say fixes) the issue. Apparantly the event QUEST_LOG_UPDATE would cause the QuestHistory quests to kick in, and if the Quest wasn't cached already, QuestHistory itself would make a QUEST_LOG_UPDATE call before the caching completed... infinite loops are fun! The author made the QuestHistory updates time-limiting.

Linky: http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=81
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!