Robot Jox was the best movie ever made
After WW3, conflict is settled by mech-to-mech combat. The pilots of the mechs are called Robot Jox.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102800/

This is the greatest movie I have ever seen. You should go out and watch it RIGHT NOW!

Here is our protagonist, Achilles. He fights for FREEDOM!
[Image: rj1.JPG]

This is the antagonist of the film. Alexander is a meanie :angry:
[Image: rj2.JPG]

Here is Achilles' mech in its maintenance hatch. It kinda looks like Optimus Prime.
[Image: rj3.JPG]

The crowds cheer them on! You can tell that this film is post-WW3 because everyone is wearing dust masks.
[Image: rj4.JPG]

I can't get enough of giant robot battles.
[Image: rj5.JPG]
OH NO Alexander's mech has sprouted a pair of extra legs! Trickery is afoot!
[Image: rj6.JPG]

The only thing better than combat mechs is combat mechs in SPACE!
[Image: rj7.JPG]

Alexander's mech had a secret. Ahh, the good ol' "chainsaw hidden in the groin" trick :ph34r:
[Image: rj8.JPG]

Alexander is finally defeated in spectacular fashion.
[Image: rj9.JPG]

I urge you all to go out right now and watch this movie. There is also a sequel entitled Robot Wars.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107979/
I can't believe I'm not the only one who remembers this hunk of crap.

Jester
Jester,Jan 17 2005, 02:10 AM Wrote:I can't believe I'm not the only one who remembers this hunk of crap.
Jester
[right][snapback]65582[/snapback][/right]

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!

Robot Jox is the best movie ever made. It features giant mechs engaging in combat. What's not to like about it?
DeeBye,Jan 17 2005, 01:15 AM Wrote:Robot Jox is the best movie ever made.  It features giant mechs engaging in combat.  What's not to like about it?[right][snapback]65584[/snapback][/right]

Neglecting all the negative comments about the horrible acting, horrible plot, and horrible filmography, I'd say it looks pretty awesome.

How could you not love a movie with giant robots and a tagline 'Crank Up the Carnage' ?

Cheers,

Munk
oooh ! I remember that movie a little bit ..... is there a sequel coming soon ? :whistling:
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
lol... What the? :o

Maybe this upcoming movie is interesting to some of you then :P
I hope they pick a more interesting name for their own sake though :)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
I can't tell if these posts are sarcastic or not, but regardless of how bad the movie was or wasn't, the book based on the screenplay is very good in my opinion. Any movie about giant robots is forced to spend most of their time and money on the robots, as opposed to sets, costumes, and actors. But a book can afford to spend more time on character development and plot. It's worth a read but good luck finding it. :)

Also, there is a sequel to the movie called Robot Wars. It was worse, if I recall correctly.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107979/
Out of the entire film there was maybe 2 minutes worth watching. Unfortunately the actors, dialogue, or some writer's dumb idea would interrupt the flow. If you decide to watch this movie just wait until you see the 'transformation' of the Market's mech. If you can relax, not pay anything to see it, and have nothing better to do (like clean your toenails, scrub the fridge, enable popups on your computer, etc) then this movie is watchable.

To be fair, here is a review from an Amazon customer that explains why this movie is even watchable:

Quote:Campy fun at it's best, February 27, 2003
Reviewer:    Tyler Tanner (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews 

"War has been outlawed" are the first words you hear as the camera slowly makes it's way through a snow covered battlefield. Meanwhile anyone past the age of 15 is thinking, "How the heck do you enforce that?" If you take this movie seriously, I fear for your children. This is a perfect example of a guilty pleasure movie if I ever saw one. Stop motion special effects, glossy form fitting spandex jumpsuits and over the top characters. It's all here!!! Adults will be howling and kids will be entertained. The stand out is Paul Koslo as the evil Russian, Alexander. He won me over with the furrowed brow, dead stare and exclamations such as "All right!! Now I Kill You!!"
This is definite Genre fun. If you liked Spacehunter, Ice Pirates, Battle Beyond the Stars and Mega Force then you know what I'm talking about. I recommend the said above as well. "Crash and Burn" Baby! Enjoy.

Amazon's Reviews of Robot Jox -- BTW, What's the singular of Jox?
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
I disagree, sir.

You obviously have never seen 'Police Academy: Mission to Moscow'. While I cannot provide any pictures, you might want to visit the
imdb.com movie description.

This stunning comedy shines in every aspect of its genre. It's devestating humour and hilarious acting makes it the numero uno on my list. You don't want to miss that one...

PS: don't pay attention to the imdb rating. Those 4900+ people are just a bunch of nerds that wouldn't recognise a masterpiece if they were standing right before it. Pah. :rolleyes:

:whistling:

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Didn't some of the spectators get scragged during the course of one of the battles? Did a robot fall on them? lol

I don't remember how long ago I saw this (on commercial television), but as i recall it was pretty much a dog.
Signature? What do you mean?
DeeBye,Jan 17 2005, 01:15 AM Wrote:YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!

Robot Jox is the best movie ever made.&nbsp; It features giant mechs engaging in combat.&nbsp; What's not to like about it?
[right][snapback]65584[/snapback][/right]

I love that movie. Or was it the prequel I saw? Either way, they're great! :D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Any1,Jan 17 2005, 05:19 PM Wrote:Didn't some of the spectators get scragged during the course of one of the battles?&nbsp; Did a robot fall on them? lol
[right][snapback]65653[/snapback][/right]

Achilles heroically intercepts a giant fist fired by the evil Alexander at a grandstand full of innocent spectators. The force of the impact drives Achilles' mech into the grandstand, killing hundreds. It was a horrible tragedy :o
I remember this movie very well from when I was younger. I actually even have it on tape somewhere around here. I used to love it. I'm not sure I would call it a good movie, but it can be quite enjoyable. : )

Reading about this reminds me of another movie from my younger days. I have never known what its name was though. : ( Maybe somebody here will know. I remember it being about a guy who was made into being mostly a robot (no not robocop). He was like taken from the place where he was changed into one and then later inthe movie had to go back to stop the guy who changed him. The guy who changed him by then had changed himself too though so you end up with robot guy fighting robot guy. I also remember a part of the movie where the main robot guy takes off his legs and attaches himself to a a tread based vehicle like thing. I also rememebr one of the robots being red (I'm thinking the bad guy at the end). I know I know...all vague details. Its been a long long time since I've seen this movie. I also remember the good guys going through a crashed helicopter for some reason and traveling through some kind of jungle to get to the bad guy. Alright, enough of the vague memories. Any of this ring any bells?
swirly,Jan 17 2005, 11:45 PM Wrote:Alright, enough of the vague memories.&nbsp; Any of this ring any bells?
[right][snapback]65694[/snapback][/right]

Groundhog Day, starring Bill Murray.

Actually, I have no idea but it sounds like a great movie.
> Alright, enough of the vague memories. Any of this ring any bells?

Yes, I don't remember the title of it though. It was almost like Johny 5 from 'Short Circuit' meets Robocop meets Terminator done with a b-grade budget and f-grade story.

Ah here comes google to the rescue. This might be it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091003/

'Eliminators'. Nope, not like 'Terminator' at all.
Hammerskjold,Jan 17 2005, 11:21 PM Wrote:Ah here comes google to the rescue.&nbsp; This might be it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091003/

&nbsp; 'Eliminators'.&nbsp; Nope, not like 'Terminator' at all.
[right][snapback]65704[/snapback][/right]

That sounds like it to me. My what good google-fu you have. ; ) i tried googling for it before I posted and had no luck. Thanks for finding it.
The crotch saw? The treasonous texan? The flying fist of doom? Yeah, you're right.

Pure. Gold.

Jester
Ahem.

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowM...t/showid-13359/

BATTLETECH ANIMATED TV SERIES!!!!

and what's better...

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowM...t/showid-16831/

TEKKAMAN BLADE!! aka Teknoman in the states.

Roxors your Joxors!
Hammerskjold,Jan 18 2005, 12:21 AM Wrote:'Eliminators'.&nbsp; Nope, not like 'Terminator' at all.

Oh, come on, what's not to like about a movie with a character named John the Mandroid????

I've never even heard of it, and I'm dying to see it.
US East Administrator on The Amazon Basin

[Image: mikeandroe.png]