What exactly can you dual wield?
I have a Warrior and a Rogue, and I know both of them can dual wield. The thing is, exactly what? I know a Rogue has to have a dagger in the main hand and sword in the off, not the other way around...what other permutations are possible? As for my Warrior, I tried to get him to dual wield two swords with no success. :(

I tried looking on the official Blizzard site but I can't find any concrete information about dual wielding...
Warriors, Rogues, and Hunters of the appropriate level can dual wield swords, daggers, maces, and axes.

If a weapon is labeled "Main Hand", it can only be placed in the right hand. If it is labeled "Off Hand" it can only be used on the left. (Not positive on this.) If it is labeled "One Hand", a weapon can be placed in either hand.
Caline,Jan 14 2005, 02:48 AM Wrote:Warriors, Rogues, and Hunters of the appropriate level can dual wield swords, daggers, maces, and axes.

If a weapon is labeled "Main Hand", it can only be placed in the right hand. If it is labeled "Off Hand" it can only be used on the left. (Not positive on this.) If it is labeled "One Hand", a weapon can be placed in either hand.
[right][snapback]65321[/snapback][/right]

That's correct. Keep in mind that the miss chance (for Warriors, anyway) is boosted to around 25% while dual-wielding, which is why you never see any Warriors dual-wielding - if you want to be a DD warrior, 2H is just more effective and consistent.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Jan 14 2005, 03:43 AM Wrote:That's correct.  Keep in mind that the miss chance (for Warriors, anyway) is boosted to around 25% while dual-wielding, which is why you never see any Warriors dual-wielding - if you want to be a DD warrior, 2H is just more effective and consistent.
[right][snapback]65327[/snapback][/right]

*Hides Shalandrax behind back*

Nope. No dual-wielding here. :D

:shuriken:
Cyath,Jan 13 2005, 09:23 PM Wrote:I know a Rogue has to have a dagger in the main hand and sword in the off, not the other way around...
[right][snapback]65313[/snapback][/right]

Huh? Uhh, no.

You can dual weild anything that you can use as long as the weapon you're trying to put in your off hand doesn't say "Main Hand"

I use a rogue with a big mace in his main hand and a quick dagger in his off hand. The only limitation of this is the loss of Backstab and Ambush, but the right rogue build does just fine without BS and Ambush.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
You can also dual "wield" with a mainhand + unarmed and get around the increased miss rate (probably an exploit).

Some results of a test I did a little while back:

At level 43 (warrior), repeatedly fighting the exact same level 40 mob (cave with high respawn rate) with only normal strikes:

Main hand weapon (29.7 dps - 1.5 spd) / offhand unarmed:
342 hits, 395 swings, 40 misses.
10.1% miss rate, 13.4% miss/dodge/etc.
Average DPS (measured by combat stats mod) - 56.3 (low 45, high 70)
Average hits per kill - 31.1
Average swings per kill - 35.9
Average misses per kill - 3.6
Average rage gained per kill (including charge each fight) - 93.4

Main hand weapon (29.7 dps - 1.5 spd) / offhand weapon (29.7 dps - 1.9 spd):
170 hits, 252 swings, 77 misses. (fewer total kills, dinged at the end)
30.6% miss rate, 32.5% miss/dodge/etc.
Average DPS (measured by combat stats mod) - 57.8 (low 53, high 69)
Average hits per kill - 25
Average swings per kill - 38
Average misses per kill - 12.2
Average rage gained per kill (including charge each fight) - 96.8

This was with unbridled wrath only at level 2. All relevant skills maxed.

Unarmed was slightly lower DPS but more consistent. Much less streaky. I think unarmed's DPS scales up (due to attack power & skill scaling) but is usually below the more elite 1h options for any particular level (just an estimate - don't hold me to that).
Caline,Jan 14 2005, 01:48 AM Wrote:Warriors, Rogues, and Hunters of the appropriate level can dual wield swords, daggers, maces, and axes.
[right][snapback]65321[/snapback][/right]
Can hunters use maces if they use 2 of them? I didn't think hunters could use maces at all.
Stormrage: Rocdog - Night Elf Hunter - Skinning/Leatherworking
Stormrage: Bait - Human Warrior - Herbalism/Alchemy
rocdog,Jan 18 2005, 01:56 PM Wrote:Can hunters use maces if they use 2 of them?  I didn't think hunters could use maces at all.
[right][snapback]65812[/snapback][/right]
They can't.
Rogues can use axes? Dang, I didn't know that (not being sarcastic if it sounds that way).
Hunter skills - shows what weapons you can use. Any one hander (that doesn't specify main hand or off-hand) can be dual wielded. And if it does specify Main Hand or Off-hand, it can still be used in a dual wield setup; you just have to put it in the hand that is specified for the weapon.

Rogue skills - ditto

Warrior Skills - tritto ;)

Hope that clears things up some.
Intolerant monkey.
Arnath,Jan 18 2005, 05:14 PM Wrote:Rogues can use axes? Dang, I didn't know that (not being sarcastic if it sounds that way).
[right][snapback]65837[/snapback][/right]

They can't.