Reporting Names
I'm sure this is covered somewhere but I was unable to find it, so I was wondering if someone could tell me the right way to report someone's name if it's unappropriate for the WoW community. I'm not looking to go out of my way to report people but when I see someone named Punnany or the likes I'd like to know how to direct it. Thanks a lot guys.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Arethor,Jan 13 2005, 05:33 PM Wrote:I'm sure this is covered somewhere but I was unable to find it, so I was wondering if someone could tell me the right way to report someone's name if it's unappropriate for the WoW community.  I'm not looking to go out of my way to report people but when I see someone named Punnany or the likes I'd like to know how to direct it.  Thanks a lot guys.
[right][snapback]65269[/snapback][/right]

Page a GM. The little red ? in your in-game interface.
I did that, just wasn't sure if there was a certain category it should go under. Thanks for confirming my thoughts though.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Arethor,Jan 13 2005, 05:33 PM Wrote:I'm sure this is covered somewhere but I was unable to find it, so I was wondering if someone could tell me the right way to report someone's name if it's unappropriate for the WoW community.  I'm not looking to go out of my way to report people but when I see someone named Punnany or the likes I'd like to know how to direct it.  Thanks a lot guys.
[right][snapback]65269[/snapback][/right]

... What's wrong with Punnany? Am I pronouncing it wrong?
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Jan 13 2005, 04:33 PM Wrote:... What's wrong with Punnany?  Am I pronouncing it wrong?
[right][snapback]65283[/snapback][/right]

Oh dear, I wonder of Tucoakadarat will get reported.

We shall see. :wacko:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jan 14 2005, 12:12 AM Wrote:Tucoakadarat
[right][snapback]65317[/snapback][/right]
Now why would you want to do that? If it was Pepsi, it might improve the flavor, but I doubt it. :D
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Jan 14 2005, 02:51 AM Wrote:Now why would you want to do that?  If it was Pepsi, it might improve the flavor, but I doubt it.  :D
[right][snapback]65329[/snapback][/right]

I wouldn't have reported either one of those names above...I'm either dense or uncaring, I guess.

However, on my first night, I DID report 'suckmysack' and the GMs got rid of it.
--Mav
Mavfin,Jan 30 2005, 09:02 AM Wrote:I wouldn't have reported either one of those names above...I'm either dense or uncaring, I guess.

However, on my first night, I DID report 'suckmysack' and the GMs got rid of it.
[right][snapback]66720[/snapback][/right]

You do know what "Punnany" is right ? So it is just has bad as "suckmysack" I Myself reported 2 names a fortnight ago , even spoke with a GM , 2 weeks later the guys are still running around . Names are "Arsole" and "Retard" both well in keeping with the game it looks like .
Take care
Some time in December, I reported a (dark skinned) human named "Nigg". I couldn't figure out where to report it, so I used the "Verbal Harassment" tab, I think it was. Sometime the next day, a GM PMed me and told me that the name had been removed. I asked where I should have reported it, but I didn't get a reply.
I petition them under "verbal harrassment". Seems to work well.
Raven Vale,Jan 30 2005, 06:38 AM Wrote:You do know what "Punnany" is right ? So it is just has bad as "suckmysack" I Myself reported 2 names a fortnight ago , even spoke with a GM , 2 weeks later the guys are still running around . Names are "Arsole" and "Retard" both well in keeping with the game it looks like .
[right][snapback]66723[/snapback][/right]

Uh, yeah, I know what it is, but I meant that it didn't jump out and grab me like the other one did, so, I probably wouldn't have noticed such a name 'in passing'.
--Mav
One thing I've noticed is that the majority of the names that could be construed as offensive are happily occupying corpses along the roads. Perhaps there is justice in WoW. B)
See you in Town,
-Z
Mavfin,Jan 30 2005, 03:02 AM Wrote:I wouldn't have reported either one of those names above...I'm either dense or uncaring, I guess.

[right][snapback]66720[/snapback][/right]

My response tongue in cheek, but apparently for all of the wrong reasons! The number of people who know who Tuco(Also Known As The Rat) is seems to shrink with each passing year. For some silly reason, I thought that Punnany was one of the many names from various and sundry contemporary cartoons, or mayhap a PS2/XBOX/NES or PC RPG that I never played.

The joke is most definitely on me.

Upon reading this thread today, I have to laugh at myself. Though I have never heard the term, it barely takes any gray matter to figure out the not so veiled reference: now that someone points it out.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete