Best Berseker one shot damage weapon?
Weapon speed aside, what is the best bitch smack you can do? I was thinking Eth. BoTD Thunder Maul. Anyone else have any suggestions in case I miscalculated? Also, considering weapon speed, what is the best Berserk two hander? If you hit the last break point wouldent it not matter what the weapons speed is? So T-Maul is viable right?
A Thunder Maul has Weapon Speed Modifier (WSM) of 20. Here the amount of IAS you need to reach the various Berserk attack speed breakpoints.

IAS------Frames per attack
0 %----------23
4 %----------22
8 %----------21
13 %---------20
19 % --------19
24 %---------18
34 %---------17
46 %---------16
58 %---------15
78 %---------14
105 %--------13
152 %--------12
232 %--------11
434 %--------10

Doesn't look good does it. For a high damage and fast two-hander, you're best bet is probably a Polearms with a WSM of -10:

IAS -----Frames per attack
0 %----------17
4 %----------16
10 %---------15
20 %---------14
34 %---------13
54 %---------12
83 %---------11
138 %--------10

A few uniques shine as fast two-handed weapons:

Ribcracker (unique Quarterstaff)
Two-Hand Damage: (54-62) To (143-169) (98.5-115.5 Avg)
Required Level: 31
Required Strength: 25
Durability: 130
Base Weapon Speed: [0]
+200-300% Enhanced Damage(varies)
Adds 30-65 Damage
+50% Damage To Undead
50% Chance Of Crushing Blow
50% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Hit Recovery
+100% Enhanced Defense
+100 Defense
+15 To Dexterity
(has to be upgraded to elite)

Tomb Reaver (unique Cryptic Axe)
Two-Hand Damage: (99-125) To (450-570) (274.5-347.5 Avg)
Required Level: 84
Required Strength: 165
Required Dexterity: 103
Durability: 65
Base Weapon Speed: [10]
+200-280% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+150-230% Damage To Undead (varies)
+60% Increased Attack Speed
+250-350 To Attack Rating Against Undead (varies)
All Resistances +30-50 (varies)
10% Reanimate As: Returned*
+10-14 Life After Each Kill (varies)
+50-80% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (varies)
+4 To Light Radius
Socketed (1-3) (varies)

Edit: tables didn't look right.
Signature? What do you mean?
I did some looking myself. This is not a viable option, but I am as pro rare as they come:

Thunder Maul
Cruel 201-300 % Enhanced Damage
Master's 101-150 % Enhanced Damage 151-250 To Attack Rating
Mechanist's 1-2 Socketed
of Quickness 40 % Increased Attack Speed
of Transcendence 15-20 To Minimum Damage
of Slaughter 15-20 To Maximum Damage
*of Fast Repair Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds
*of Atlas 21-30 To Strenght
Ethereal
Fast repair can be added to make it useful
Atlas adds 33% ed from the stat bonus, but I'm not sure how well that works.
2 sockets can add 30% ed with 20 max and another prefix or 40 ed and 15 max, not sure which one adds more. If this is non ladder, old 6 mod rare jewels can add even more, but nobody ever found one with 30 ed 20 max.

This should beat out BotD for damage, but the odds of getting it are, well probably better than finding 2 zod runes and making 2 perfect BotDs in the same game. Good to know though.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Jan 18 2005, 05:41 AM Wrote:I did some looking myself.  This is not a viable option, but I am as pro rare as they come:

Thunder Maul
Cruel            201-300  % Enhanced Damage
Master's            101-150  % Enhanced Damage  151-250  To Attack Rating
Mechanist's            1-2    Socketed
of Quickness          40    % Increased Attack Speed
of Transcendence  15-20  To Minimum Damage
of Slaughter    15-20  To Maximum Damage 
*of Fast Repair        Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds
*of Atlas    21-30  To Strenght
Ethereal
Fast repair can be added to make it useful
2 sockets can add 30% ed with 20 max and another prefix or 40 ed and 15 max, not sure which one adds more.  If this is non ladder, old 6 mod rare jewels can add even more, but nobody ever found one with 30 ed 20 max.

This should beat out BotD for damage, but the odds of getting it are, well probably better than finding 2 zod runes and making 2 perfect BotDs in the same game.  Good to know though.
[right][snapback]65708[/snapback][/right]

a weapon with 8 affixes?
no
whathuh,Jan 17 2005, 11:41 PM Wrote:I did some looking myself.  This is not a viable option, but I am as pro rare as they come:

Thunder Maul
Cruel            201-300  % Enhanced Damage
Master's            101-150  % Enhanced Damage  151-250  To Attack Rating
Mechanist's            1-2    Socketed
of Quickness          40    % Increased Attack Speed
*of Fast Repair    Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds
*of Atlas    21-30  To Strenght
Ethereal
== Occhi note:  I snipped the min and max damage affixes.  ==

2 sockets can add 30% ed with 20 max and another prefix or 40 ed and 15 max, not sure which one adds more.  If this is non ladder, old 6 mod rare jewels can add even more, but nobody ever found one with 30 ed 20 max.This should beat out BotD for damage, but the odds of getting it are, well probably better than finding 2 zod runes and making 2 perfect BotDs in the same game.  Good to know though. [right][snapback]65708[/snapback][/right]

You will note my modificatins to keep this fantasy rare at six rather than 8 affixes . . .

I'd suggest, since we are dreaming, that you would want to do is lose the min and max damage of 15-20, since you want to use this repeatedly. Put in two Jewels, 40ed/15IAS fkavirm in each of the two sockets, and you are done.

Yell with Battle Command, find a combat shrine, attack an undead boss, and hope for a critical hit. You maxed Mace Mastery and Berserk, right? Of course you did!

Oh crap, you one-hit killed a Cold Fire Lightning Enchanted Flayer Boss in an 8 player game just as you got cursed by that Conviction Cursed Teleporting SonofaGun Ghoul Lord boss whose Meteor just landed on you.

Your Deeds Will Be Remembered . . .

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Feb 8 2005, 02:48 PM Wrote:Oh crap, you one-hit killed a Cold Fire Lightning Enchanted Flayer Boss in an 8 player game just as you got cursed by that Conviction Cursed Teleporting SonofaGun Ghoul Lord boss whose Meteor just landed on you. 

Your Deeds Will Be Remembered . . . 

Occhi
[right][snapback]67542[/snapback][/right]

Using a T-Maul his attack speed will be so slow (12/13 frames at best) he'll be taken out by any fast moving group of monsters in Hell. A group of a dozen normal Flayers or Wraiths will take him out. :huh:
Deleted, see below.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Feb 9 2005, 11:46 AM Wrote:Why do you make this assumption? 

The DR = Zero feature requires Tactical adjustments.  Using a merc and even modest crowd control, like terrain, to channel the enemy, and using Howl/Shout warcries, not to mention Warcry's stun, let's you get in that whack.  It would tend, to put many beasties into Hit recovery if they weren't smashed into goo first.

Or do you assume that all Barbarians are stupid?

Occhi

PS:  My vignette was an attempt to inject a little humor into this topic.  Looks like I missed the mark, yet again.    :P
[right][snapback]67694[/snapback][/right]
In Memory of Pete
I'm a little confused by the last two posts. Are you replying to my post Occhi? :)
Any1,Feb 10 2005, 11:35 AM Wrote:I'm a little confused by the last two posts.  Are you replying to my post Occhi?  :)
[right][snapback]67762[/snapback][/right]

Yes, sorry for the confusion, the goof up is all mine. :D

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Feb 10 2005, 08:05 PM Wrote:Yes, sorry for the confusion, the goof up is all mine.  :D

Occhi
[right][snapback]67768[/snapback][/right]

In that case...Yes, I do you assume that all Barbarians are stupid. :whistling:

Seriously, there are smart ways to play any build. However, no Defense, no blocking, slow-as-chilled-molasses attack, and no leech, usually isn't a recipe for success for a melee build. ;)
Any1,Feb 10 2005, 04:46 PM Wrote:In that case...Yes, I do you assume that all Barbarians are stupid.  :whistling:

Seriously, there are smart ways to play any build.  However, no Defense, no blocking, slow-as-chilled-molasses attack, and no leech, usually isn't a recipe for success for a melee build.  ;)
[right][snapback]67783[/snapback][/right]

While true, the Maxing of Berserk and Mace Mastery does not a build make. Double Swing, Concentrate, Frenzy, any number of builds can complement the use of (on Weapon Switch II) the Berserk Uber out the nose Hammer Finisher.

Particuarly handy in my exploration of the Tourette's Barb (Frenzy and Taunt maxed among other things) Berserk for PI's, Mace or Axe Mastery, was Berserk. Sometimes, smushing things, particularly stone skin or PI at the boss level, was just what one needed.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Just wondering, where can I find the exact (or approximate, if not exactly known yet) formulas for the various attack speeds of the various attack types (for D2 v1.10), eg. for Druid various attack types and also Barbarian different attack skills?

I've been using the attack speed calculator in diablo2.ingame.de website but I'd like to try my own computations...
dta,Mar 1 2005, 12:20 PM Wrote:Just wondering, where can I find the exact (or approximate, if not exactly known yet) formulas for the various attack speeds of the various attack types (for D2 v1.10), eg. for Druid various attack types and also Barbarian different attack skills?

I've been using the attack speed calculator in diablo2.ingame.de website but I'd like to try my own computations...
[right][snapback]69403[/snapback][/right]

Sorry I can't help you with exact formulae. However, for another reference point for Druid attack speeds, check out this site:

http://students.washington.edu/akrinke/w...anced.html