Guild Question
Hey guys. Just had a quick question about the functionality of Guild charters.

The backstory is that I've got a group of six friends who are all starting up WoW at the same time I am, and we'd like to have a guild started up with the tabards and what not. Of course, six is a few shy of the nine signatures necessary to register the guild. How exactly does the signature system work? Is it possible to gain the signatures and then have the new quasi-members drop, yet retain the guild registration?

I took a stab at just having extra characters created to sign the charter, but that was a no-go.

And as a followup, if it's possible to just sign up and then leave once the guild is established, would anyone mind creating an Alliance character on Thunderhorn to help a fellow Lurker?
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Jan 6 2005, 01:27 PM Wrote:Is it possible to gain the signatures and then have the new quasi-members drop, yet retain the guild registration?[right][snapback]64582[/snapback][/right]

Yep

Zarathustra,Jan 6 2005, 01:27 PM Wrote:And as a followup, if it's possible to just sign up and then leave once the guild is established, would anyone mind creating an Alliance character on Thunderhorn to help a fellow Lurker?
[right][snapback]64582[/snapback][/right]

Certainly. Just post here and I'll endeavor to be there.
Tal,Jan 6 2005, 01:43 PM Wrote:Yep
Certainly. Just post here and I'll endeavor to be there.
[right][snapback]64584[/snapback][/right]

Likewise, even though it's helping Alliance scum ^_^
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Zarathustra,Jan 6 2005, 11:27 AM Wrote:Hey guys.  Just had a quick question about the functionality of Guild charters.

The backstory is that I've got a group of six friends who are all starting up WoW at the same time I am, and we'd like to have a guild started up with the tabards and what not.  Of course, six is a few shy of the nine signatures necessary to register the guild.  How exactly does the signature system work?  Is it possible to gain the signatures and then have the new quasi-members drop, yet retain the guild registration?

I took a stab at just having extra characters created to sign the charter, but that was a no-go.

And as a followup, if it's possible to just sign up and then leave once the guild is established, would anyone mind creating an Alliance character on Thunderhorn to help a fellow Lurker?

For you, brother Z, it would be a pleasure. :w00t:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:And as a followup, if it's possible to just sign up and then leave once the guild is established, would anyone mind creating an Alliance character on Thunderhorn to help a fellow Lurker?
Just say when! :lol:
-TheDragoon
Add me to the list of I'll be ther to sign and drop if you need it.

I know what you want to do works because there are some people on the Blizzard forums who have mentioned they made a guild just to get the guild name under theirs in game and promptly booted everyone after the guild was formed and live happily as the only member in the guild.

It is possible that this will change in a patch but you can do it as of now.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Zarathustra,Jan 6 2005, 12:27 PM Wrote:And as a followup, if it's possible to just sign up and then leave once the guild is established, would anyone mind creating an Alliance character on Thunderhorn to help a fellow Lurker?

You could create a character on Stormrage (Alliance) and join the Lurkers channel when you're ready to create the guild. I'm sure we can get a bunch of Lurkers to troop over to Thunderhorn to help out.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Thanks a lot, everyone. Been a busy few days here and I'm not sure when I'll be on WoW for the next week or so, but I'll be sure to post and arrange a quick meeting.
See you in Town,
-Z
I'll be on tonight starting around 10:30PST. If anyone could spare the five minutes or so, I'd really appreciate it.

Character name (on Thunderhorn) is Svetok. Send me a whisper and I can travel to meet you. Thanks again, guys.
See you in Town,
-Z
What race of character should I start there to make it easy for you to reach me? :)
-TheDragoon
Meh, any would be fine. I've got Booty Bay set as home, and can head to Darkshore/Teldrassil quickly by porting to Moonglade. I guess human would be quick and clean, since I can fly there easily enough.
See you in Town,
-Z