US Client for Euro Beta
I have the US Client of WoW on my HD, patched and all.

Question:
Does any Lurker know of a way (or if their even is one) to use the US client in the European Final Beta Test? I am aware that this is a long shot, since most if not all of you are playing the US retail version now but asking rarely hurts anybody :). I think I remember reading something about this on the European Forums, alas, they are down in preparation for the Final Beta. It involved "gateways" IIRC.

Help appreciated

Greetings

Nuur

EDIT: I should probably use the client Blizzard wants me to test. D'oh!
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
I wish I knew this too , I have the US version and patched ready . My problem is I cannot dl from the site (yup the client just went up 10 minutes ago) because it keeps telling me to upgrade my Ethernet drivers , which I am finding impossible to do , and so after every 2 minutes my computer locks up with the dl . Other than that if fileplanet get it on their site I will have no problem . Oh a friend has offered to dl it for me and cut it to DVD so that may be an option . After all is said and done , hopefully the US client will work :)
Take care
Now, something I hadn't thought of before just came to mind...

Aren't we supposed to TEST the European (localized, as the case may be) Clients? Seems like I have been a bonehead of un-lurkerlike proportions. I will download the European Client and I suggest you do the same. I sincerely hope that you can work around the problems with the download, maybe you can dig up some info from back when the US Beta folks where dng their clients.

I apologize for the silliness that is my first post :(

woefully (and exploding with ultra-hyper-anticipation)

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Just for the info, I have the german client and in my realmlist.wtf i can read the european gateway as follows:

set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

I dont know if changing this in the US client version may convert it to european use, anyways it would be better if you download the european client.
Yay , I was able to change the .wtf amd the ini file to be able to turn the US client into a fully operational EU client , without having to make that nasty download :) oh happy days .
Take care