PvP flag
Can someone post a detalied explanation of the PvP flag? Why is it there? Can it be toggled?

I notice that saying /pvp doesn't generate an error message, which means that it does something, but it doesn't toggle the flag.
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Ynir,Jan 5 2005, 12:15 PM Wrote:Can someone post a detalied explanation of the PvP flag? Why is it there? Can it be toggled? 

I notice that saying /pvp doesn't generate an error message, which means that it does something, but it doesn't toggle the flag.
[right][snapback]64428[/snapback][/right]
Typing /pvp makes you attackable by the opposing faction for 5 minutes. If nothing happens you revert back to non-attackable. You can tell if you are pvp enabled if you have a shield on your in-game avatar and your title bar is green. Players with green writing above their names are PvP enabled.
Ynir,Jan 5 2005, 11:15 AM Wrote:Can someone post a detalied explanation of the PvP flag? Why is it there? Can it be toggled? 

The way I understand it, when you type /pvp, you're PvP+ for the next five minutes... being in combat resets the timer, so you're PvP+ from the time you type /pvp till 5 minutes after you stop figiting.

Hope that's right.

Cat
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
Ynir,Jan 5 2005, 04:15 PM Wrote:Can someone post a detalied explanation of the PvP flag? Why is it there? Can it be toggled?&nbsp;

Thanks for the help.

Spangles (Alliance) beat up an horde NPC guard at the elevator in the Barrens. She then was stomped on by two horde players. Apparently her PvP flag was set by combat with an NPC.

Was it because the NPC was horde? Or does combat with absolutely anything set the flag?
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Ynir,Jan 5 2005, 02:04 PM Wrote:Thanks for the help.

Spangles (Alliance) beat up an horde NPC guard at the elevator in the Barrens.&nbsp; She then was stomped on by two horde players.&nbsp; Apparently her PvP flag was set by combat with an NPC.

Was it because the NPC was horde? Or does combat with absolutely anything set the flag?
[right][snapback]64447[/snapback][/right]

Fighting a NPC of the opposing faction will mark you for PvP. You can tell if combat with an enemy NPC will mark you for PvP if they have a red shield on their Icon.

More Information
Tal,Jan 5 2005, 02:12 PM Wrote:Fighting a NPC of the opposing faction will mark you for PvP. You can tell if combat with an enemy NPC will mark you for PvP if they have a red shield on their Icon.

More Information
[right][snapback]64451[/snapback][/right]

Attacking your own or a neutral faction's NPC also sets the flag. To the best of my knowledge you can attack your own faction's NPC's only as part of certain quests. In this case normal NPC's of your own faction will also attack that NPC, such as Lord Lescovar and Lady Prestor in Stormwind.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Tal,Jan 5 2005, 11:12 AM Wrote:Fighting a NPC of the opposing faction will mark you for PvP. You can tell if combat with an enemy NPC will mark you for PvP if they have a red shield on their Icon.

More Information
[right][snapback]64451[/snapback][/right]

In addition, if a PvP enabled guard (green name) sees you and starts charging, they will send out an automatic message in the Local Defense channel, which alerts players of the opposite faction to your presence.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Catlyn,Jan 5 2005, 09:22 AM Wrote:The way I understand it, when you type /pvp, you're PvP+ for the next five minutes... being in combat resets the timer, so you're PvP+ from the time you type /pvp till 5 minutes after you stop figiting.

Hope that's right.

Cat
[right][snapback]64431[/snapback][/right]

I MUST HAVE THAT HAT.

EDIT: Bleh, missed the post relating to the hat and other attire. Regardless, the sentiment stands.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek