What Is hellfire?
Can you help me?

My friends keep talking about hell fire and i have no idea what it is so could you fill me in please? :) :) :)

Thanks.
Hellfire is an expansion pack for Diablo. It was made by Sierra, with license from Blizzard. Although it doesn't add anything to the "real" Diablo storyline, it does have new dungeon sections, new quests and monsters, new classes and spells, etc. A few popular mods were also specifically made for Hellfire.

Hellfire was supposed to be single player only, and is not supported on battle.net (or, for that matter, supported by Blizzard in any way). Unlike Diablo, which is still being produced and sold, Hellfire is very hard to find for sale anymore. Any "new" copies still floating around would probably be in the $15 range.
Hi,

You got my curiosity up, so I checked e-Bay and Amazon.

Nystul,Jan 4 2005, 05:16 PM Wrote:Any "new" copies still floating around would probably be in the $15 range.
[right][snapback]64366[/snapback][/right]
Looks like Hellfire has crossed over into the 'collectible' catagory. New seems to be going $50-60US, used in the thirties. I'd love to find an unopened crate of them in the back of some sw store :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Pete,Jan 5 2005, 06:42 PM Wrote:Hi,

You got my curiosity up, so I checked e-Bay and Amazon.
Looks like Hellfire has crossed over into the 'collectible' catagory.  New seems to be going $50-60US, used in the thirties.  I'd love to find an unopened crate of them in the back of some sw store :)

--Pete
[right][snapback]64510[/snapback][/right]

$30 for a used copy? Wow. It might be time for me to sell my two copies. Or maybe I'll wait a few years and retire on the proceeds :wacko:
Pete,Jan 5 2005, 05:42 PM Wrote:Looks like Hellfire has crossed over into the 'collectible' catagory.  New seems to be going $50-60US, used in the thirties.
[right][snapback]64510[/snapback][/right]

Just when I think I have the human race figured out, they go and do something crazy like this...
I happen to also have a copy of Hellfire ... I origionally paid $12.95 for it, at Hastings. You may want to hit up your local Hastings and see if you can place a "special order" for that item ... they will search through their warehouse inventories and see if they've got a copy they can sell you.

One side note ... Hellfire requires the origional Diablo disc in order to play ... after installing Hellfire, you never need that disc again, unless you need to re-install. If your friends are feeling generous, they could loan you the Hellfire installation disc for a day or so, and then you could join them in their games.
Nystul,Jan 5 2005, 09:16 PM Wrote:Just when I think I have the human race figured out, they go and do something crazy like this...
[right][snapback]64535[/snapback][/right]

You think that's bad, try finding a copy of Gauntlet Dark Legacy for the Gamecube.
Just from random internet searches New was going for $100 or over and used we're just as bad $60+ (for those who may not know, most new games are only $50.

Finally found a used at Gamestop.com for $25, when I got the thing it was pristine!! The manual looked like it had never even been touched, and the disk was shiny shiny shiny!

Oh yeah, I have Hellfire as well, bought it at Bestbuy for $10-15 at least 5 years ago. Thankfully you really can't wear out the disk as you install it and then let it collect dust.