First-aid to pets?
Not sure if this is a bug. I know first-aid got modified a fair bit. Basically, I'm a warlock. If my vw is dying, I have two choices; I can either draw threat off him and tank for a bit, or I can bandage him up which will keep him going a little longer. Sometimes. However lately, it seems that anytime I'm trying to bandage him, it breaks channel whenever he takes damage. This basically means I usually get about 1 second worth of bandaging in before it breaks.

Can anyone else replicate this? Is it intentional? Am I missing some basic fact? I know I'd been bandaging people before the patch in instances when our priest ran out of mana, so I know people can take damage while being bandaged ... Or so I think. I've had it happen to me about five or six times now, and it basically ruins first aid's appeal for my warlock. Sure, bandaging yourself is great, but I gush blood like a broken wine bottle leaks. The vw's a wee bit tougher than me.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake
That is the way First Aid is supposed to work, if the recipient takes damage then the first aid effect is broken.

At level 12 the Warlocks have access to Health Funnel which will allow you to channel some of your life to the pet. At that point you could then apply the first aid to yourself to recover your life since you will likely not be taking damage then.