Fangore's a Wimp
I was playing my Rogue (level 25) and got a pickup group to do Fangore, but it fell apart when we got there. So it occured to me to try to solo him since I could pick off most of the adds in the area 1 by 1.

This proved to be harder than it seemed, because of the quick respawn rate. I only had enough time to take out all of the adds and get one shot at Fangore. If I died and ran back, stuff started respawning on top of me.

Another thing made it more difficult. Fangore has two henchmen that seem to be stray. You can attempt to pick them off when they get out of normal aggro range, but they all come regardless. So that threw me off a bit.

It took me several deaths to figure out the nuances of the area. But eventually I got down to the final battle.

I first sapped Fangore himself, then turned on his mage henchman. I saved evasion for later, and used a potion. Once it was dead I vanished. I got full health and waited for the potion timer to refresh. Then I went in again, this time attempting to sap the melee henchman - but it got resisted. I used evasion and focused on Fangore. He was going down pretty fast, good thing cause I didn't have long. I pumped my potion, and he was almost dead. I finished him off and looted his corpse real quick, right before his henchman killed me.

I must say, that was one of my most satisfying deaths. Even more satisfying is when I announced it on general chat, and the first response was "BULL". ;)
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Grats!
Gotta love the quick-loot option. I did that with Fozruk in Alterac Mountains and countless times in the early game - sucidal rush with Retaliation, Intimidating Shout to buy some time, War Stomp to drink a potion, and save up Rage for an Execute (and consequently tear a piece of your chair off when it misses, is dodged, or is parried.) :)

Tried doing that with Narillasanz, but he killed me ten times before I hit the ground. Damn the dragons and their fire breath.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Jan 2 2005, 06:24 PM Wrote:Gotta love the quick-loot option.
[right][snapback]64152[/snapback][/right]
Actually I don't use the quick-loot option. It tends to make me loot slower, cause I have to wait for a ping between each click. I tend to loot stuff faster by clicking it in quick succession manually.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Malakar,Jan 2 2005, 06:52 PM Wrote:Actually I don't use the quick-loot option. It tends to make me loot slower, cause I have to wait for a ping between each click. I tend to loot stuff faster by clicking it in quick succession manually.
[right][snapback]64155[/snapback][/right]

Heh, to each his own. I generally don't use the quick-loot in instances, because while I won't find mana potions useful at all, my companions generally do :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.