Druid Aquatic Form bug
When a Druid shifts into cat or bear form, they get an intrinsic weapon that overrides their equipped weapon. While shifted, a Druid will always have an attack speed of 2.5/1.0 (bear/cat) and do XX damage with YY attack power (where XX and YY increase as you level). The weapon you have equipped is irrelevant while shifted, except for any stat bonuses it may have.

Aquatic form, however, does not have an intrinsic weapon - it uses the stats of your currently-equipped one. This is easily verifiable by changing equipment while in the form, and the difference between using a fast dagger and slow staff in combat is obvious.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
I wonder if this is actually a bug. From what I see, the point of the aquatic form was to make you swim faster and not run out of breath but to prevent you from casting spells. This might be by design to make it be like your Druid, but able to breath underwater.

Perhaps looking at the travel form would shed some light on this. Does the travel form have a separate damage scale or does it function like this, too. From what I've seen, Blizzard intended the aquatic form as a sort of water-based travel form, so perhaps seeing how the cheetah's damage scales would help see what they were trying to do. :)
-TheDragoon
Woah, could druids be the ultimate murloc killing machine?
Raziel,Jan 12 2005, 12:38 PM Wrote:Woah, could druids be the ultimate murloc killing machine?
[right][snapback]65130[/snapback][/right]

Nah. That would be Warlocks.