Stockades Instance?
So Ehlianna has a bunch of Stockades quests (okay, not a bunch, but one followup from Van Cleef, 2 from Stormwind, and a couple from Lakeshire and Darkshire) and I've been told it's the next higher Alliance instance after the Deadmines.

Just figured I would see if any other low-to-mid 20s were interested in getting together and trying it. All the quests except the Van Cleef followup can be easily shared since the only requirement is level 22, and the instance is inside Stormwinf itself, so it won't be hard to get to at all.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Dec 30 2004, 09:05 PM Wrote:Just figured I would see if any other low-to-mid 20s were interested in getting together and trying it. [right][snapback]63975[/snapback][/right]

I'd love to do this, but SabraMage is only 18. Still if you need a little extra fire power, I like standing in the back. :whistling:
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
18's probably a little too low for stockades :P Your aggro range will be huge in there, and you'll get resisted most of the time. IIRC they're 23-24 elites for the most part.
WarLocke,Dec 30 2004, 04:05 PM Wrote:So Ehlianna has a bunch of Stockades quests (okay, not a bunch, but one followup from Van Cleef, 2 from Stormwind, and a couple from Lakeshire and Darkshire) and I've been told it's the next higher Alliance instance after the Deadmines.

Just figured I would see if any other low-to-mid 20s were interested in getting together and trying it.  All the quests except the Van Cleef followup can be easily shared since the only requirement is level 22, and the instance is inside Stormwinf itself, so it won't be hard to get to at all.
[right][snapback]63975[/snapback][/right]

I'm always up for an instance. Pavis is 22 now, although I haven't had time to get his Succubus. He'll probably stay 22 for a bit, as I intend to put some more miles on Hykim this weekend.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
I won't be able to do Stockades for at least another 2 levels. 4 if I am to be main tank.
WarLocke,Dec 30 2004, 05:05 PM Wrote:Just figured I would see if any other low-to-mid 20s were interested in getting together and trying it.
[right][snapback]63975[/snapback][/right]

Fafner might be interested.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Pantalaimon,Dec 30 2004, 09:34 PM Wrote:Your aggro range will be huge in there, and you'll get resisted most of the time.  [right][snapback]63978[/snapback][/right]

Oh the things I don't know could fill volumes. Explain please?
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Dec 31 2004, 09:24 PM Wrote:Oh the things I don't know could fill volumes. Explain please?
[right][snapback]64060[/snapback][/right]

The way I was explained this, is that the range in yards a hostile (red-named) mob will aggro on you is determined by a formula something like:

10 + (Mlvl - Clvl)

That is, if Mlvl and Clvl are the same, mobs aggro at 10 yards. If you're two levels higher than the mob, it aggros at 8 yards. 5 level below the mob, it aggroes at 15 yards. And so on.
Sabra,Dec 31 2004, 09:24 PM Wrote:Oh the things I don't know could fill volumes. Explain please?
[right][snapback]64060[/snapback][/right]

WarLocke's saying what I was trying to say ;)

I don't know about his formula, but what he's saying is correct: if you're a lower level than a mob you will aggro it from farther away. Best example I can think of, unfortunately, is furthur on in the game: Scarlet Monastary. If your party is all 34+, you can hug the walls and avoid alot of fights in the first instance with hunters. But if you have a 32 cloth-type or something, they'll aggro on them so you have to clear most of the courtyard.

Regarding resisted spells, mobs that are 3 levels above resist spells something like 75% of the time (I've heard, but never verified). In any case, if a mob is higher level than you, it has a much bigger chance of resisting, so a level 18 mage would be virtually ineffective in stockades.
Pantalaimon,Jan 1 2005, 12:12 AM Wrote:I don't know about his formula, but what he's saying is correct: ...
[right][snapback]64064[/snapback][/right]

That formula is basically correct. I am not sure if the units actually translate into 'game yards', but the unit measurement seems to be on the order of 1 to 1.5 yards (why do designers keep making internal game measurements that do not translate to the same measurement that they express to the players? D2s yards for example and internal game code distances). This is something that myself and a few other worked out in the closed Beta. Once you get to the point of being 10 levels higher than most of the mobs, you just about have to run through them to get them to aggro on you. You can also have a mixed party and see about the distance that the hihg level can get to with out the mob aggroing on them and then watch as the low level character comes up and the mob then aggros on them and runs past the high level character to attack the low level. Try this an outdoor area that has a only a few aggressive mobs spread out with a couple of characters that are at least 5 levels different.

This si why I am often having to 'scold' some of the lower level character in an instance run to not run to the front of any fight as it tend to draw a lot of extra adds from further down the line. Those that were on last nights run to Shadow Fang Keep could see it as our lowest level that kept going to combat positions to the front, often ended up drawing in addtional mobs. Fortunately several of the group were high enough that most of the mobs presented major concern to them even in the couple of pulls of 8 to 10. It is when the majority of the group is at about the right level to do the run and there is a character that is 2 or 3 levels too low, that things can easily go sour as that type of group will probably end up in wipe from having a 8 to 10 mobs. This is even more true if the low level one that typically heads to the front of a fight (warrior, paladin, hunters pet, rogue).

P.S. Littledude needs to the Stockade run too. He will probably need to have the other non-Stormwind quest shared as he is unlikely to get around to making the runs to gather them prior to the start of the run.
Ruvanal,Jan 1 2005, 05:11 AM Wrote:Those that were on last nights run to Shadow Fang Keep could see it as our lowest level that kept going to combat positions to the front, often ended up drawing in addtional mobs. [right][snapback]64067[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, sorry about that. :mellow: It's just that Shred is by far my best attack in catform at the moment (225% base damage + 52ish) and can only be used from behind the target. :shuriken:
I've got several characters that would be interested in joining you guys for stockade runs. :)
-TheDragoon