Poll: Now that the new Lurker Lounge look is in place on the main site, what style of logo picture would you prefer to appear to the left of the "Lurker Lounge" text in the title bar area?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Style 1
4.76%
4 4.76%
Style 2
13.10%
11 13.10%
Style 3
20.24%
17 20.24%
Style 4
34.52%
29 34.52%
Style 5
15.48%
13 15.48%
Style 6
11.90%
10 11.90%
Total 84 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Logo Image Poll!
Here are the choices that Xyngynkynyn has developed - 6 styles of logo to appear to the left of the "Lurker Lounge" text in the title bar area of the new main site. After long debate
in the past on this, these are the six styles that were most popular.

[Image: last_logo_sample_2.jpg]

Please pick your favorite and help decide on this site's logo picture! Note that you're voting on the STYLE, not the colors.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Wonderful! My choice is leading by 100%!

Thanks Bolty and everyone involved!
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Voted 3.
Number five looks like the sigul for the Crimson King.

All hail the Crimson King!!
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
I went with option two. I liked how the first "L" overlapped the second "L."
WWBBD?
Hi,

Wow, three and four look like the governor's race in Washington. Hey, Bolty, have you figured out the rules for a manual recount? :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Go Go Number 6!
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Hi

Went for Nr. 6. Looks like an Evil Eye to me. Perhaps it will work as a ward against trolls. :P

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
I'd say either style 5 or 6. It's just more dynamic. Also, I think we should do this in elimination rounds! Because, (for example) the 40 fans of the 5 & 6 style might be all spread out between the two, but 30 people vote for style 1, and the majority isn't really satisfied.

This isn't really a likely occurance in that particular way, but many of the pictures share similar styles and I just feel it would be more representative (and more exciting! :w00t: ) in elimination rounds.
Assur,Dec 30 2004, 03:49 PM Wrote:Hi

Went for Nr. 6. Looks like an Evil Eye to me. Perhaps it will work as a ward against trolls. :P

good karma
[right][snapback]63966[/snapback][/right]
voted #4, i like 4 for how it resembles the evil eye...

Let's hope it scares away the Trolls
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Assur,Dec 30 2004, 07:49 PM Wrote:Went for Nr. 6. Looks like an Evil Eye to me.

Seconded. :P
4 , it looks sort of Angry and yet Evil at the same time , none of the others come close to giving off a different feel .
Take care
Swiss Mercenary,Dec 30 2004, 08:14 PM Wrote:Seconded.  :P
[right][snapback]64005[/snapback][/right]
Aye!, it does look like that dont it.....
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Bolty,Dec 30 2004, 01:23 AM Wrote:Here are the choices that Xyngynkynyn has developed - 6 styles of logo to appear to the left of the "Lurker Lounge" text in the title bar area of the new main site.  After long debate
in the past on this, these are the six styles that were most popular.

[Image: last_logo_sample_2.jpg]

Please pick your favorite and help decide on this site's logo picture!  Note that you're voting on the STYLE, not the colors.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]63909[/snapback][/right]

Man, that was a hard vote. I liked more than one. No way I'll be unhappy with whatever wins. Xyn, my hat is off to you.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
That's a nice-looking bell curve we got going there.
Occhidiangela,Dec 30 2004, 07:00 PM Wrote:Man, that was a hard vote.  I liked more than one.  No way I'll be unhappy with whatever wins.  Xyn, my hat is off to you.

Occhi
[right][snapback]64009[/snapback][/right]

Whereas I, being the optimistic person that I am, will be unhappy with any decision because I like more than one of them, and they all can't win.

Interestingly enough, I didn't like the Ls on number 2, but I did like them when I looked at number 4, but then I looked back and noticed they were the same.
Style 2!! You all aren't looking closely enough! Style 2 is the best one! :ph34r:
WWBBD?
Tough decision.
I voted for style 4.
Second choise would be style 6.

greetings,

Maggellann
I had to go with #3.

5 and 6 look a bit too foreign. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I simply don't prefer those choices.

For some reason, I don't like the top "L" in front of the bottom "L". I'm not sure why. It just seems that the two L's look better when the bottom one is in front of the top one.

As for the eye outline, I like the level outline (in 1, 2 and 3) better than the cock-eyed outline (in 4). The outlines in 4 make the logo appear somewhat sinister. In all the years I've lurked here, an open eye seems to capture the mood better than a more sinister one.

I apologize for the critical sound of this post. All of these logos are better than anything I could come up with. Hats off to Xyngynkynyn for taking the time and the patience to contribute the talent needed to pull this off.

Viscous
Viscous,Dec 31 2004, 10:41 AM Wrote:I had to go with #3.
[right][snapback]64039[/snapback][/right]
We pretty much agree on why I also chose 3. The reason I prefer those Ls is because the other way "feels" wrong. In writing we go left to right. That means the second L would be written on top of the first L. The Ls in 3 seem more natural to me.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."