Remember perfect dark?
Ahhh.. perfect dark. Probably my favorite fps of all time. I still play it all the time and it is probably the only reason I haven't sold my n64. I remember when the next gen systems were coming out I heard about perfect dark: zero. I think that was the title anyway. It was to be the sequel to perfect dark. I was so excited and that was the number one reason I bought a gamecube (ohh nintendo, where did you go wrong?). Bah well anyway I was farting around on the internet and stumbed apon an old perfect dark review and I remembered about the sequel! What ever happened to it? I'll kill the person who decided not to make that game!
Dynomite,Dec 28 2004, 05:32 PM Wrote:Ahhh.. perfect dark.  Probably my favorite fps of all time.  I still play it all the time and it is probably the only reason I haven't sold my n64.  I remember when the next gen systems were coming out I heard about perfect dark: zero. I think that was the title anyway.  It was to be the sequel to perfect dark. I was so excited and that was the number one reason I bought a gamecube (ohh nintendo, where did you go wrong?).  Bah well anyway I was farting around on the internet and stumbed apon an old perfect dark review and I remembered about the sequel! What ever happened to it? I'll kill the person who decided not to make that game!
[right][snapback]63744[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, that was actually a halfway decent game. And I did enjoy how it was essentially an "enhanced" version of goldeneye, one of the only FPSs that I could actually stand, and even enjoy at times. Still, these things do happen and games fall through the cracks.

Lucasarts: Canceled Full Throttle 2 as well as Sam and Max 2 (GRRRRRR!! If you've ever played either of the origional adventure games then you know what I mean)

Interplay: Sold off the Fallout lisence because apparantly fans of amazing RPGs do not enjoy crappy console shooters. Hopefully the company (name eludes me at the moment, though reminds me of Beshaba) will do the title justice.

And thats just 3 examples of sequils to beloved games that was canceled for no good reason. Its a shame that this kind of stuff is tossed to the wayside while trite garbage is constantly pushed on us...but hey, thats how it is.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Nintendo sold Rare, the studio that developed Perfect Dark to Microsoft in either 2002 or 2003. Thus Microsoft now owns the rights to Perfect Dark. As far as I know, Perfect Dark Zero is still under development. I think it is now intended to be an Xbox 2 title and may or may not be released in 2005. I'd wager we'll find out more at E3.
Urza-DSF,Dec 28 2004, 03: Wrote:Interplay: Sold off the Fallout lisence because apparantly fans of amazing RPGs do not enjoy crappy console shooters.  Hopefully the company (name eludes me at the moment, though reminds me of Beshaba) will do the title justice.
[right][snapback]63745[/snapback][/right]

Bethesda is the company you're thinking of. There's been quite a bit of complaining on the Elder Scrolls boards about how people think Bethesda won't be able to do justice to the Fallout series and think the devs care more about The Elder Scrolls series.

Edit: Removed extra words.
Intolerant monkey.
Urza-DSF,Dec 28 2004, 05: Wrote:Lucasarts: Canceled Full Throttle 2 as well as Sam and Max 2 (GRRRRRR!!  If you've ever played either of the origional adventure games then you know what I mean)[right][snapback]63745[/snapback][/right]
I'm actually glad they scrapped the projects. They were completely changing around the interface; getting rid of the point+click so it would be more like an action game with a few puzzles in it, as well as changing the style of graphics so nothing looked the same. Doing stuff like that takes away the reason people played those old adventure games. Just look at what happened with Monkey Island when they changed the interface and graphics.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Perfect Dark and Goldeneye: 2 of the best reasons for the existence of the N64. I spent many nights staying up late with friends playing both titles. Every once in a while I find myself comparing all the fps games I have since played to those two games.

Also, anytime I throw Goldeneye into the VCR I get stuck comparing the movie sets to the levels in the game.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Wyrm,Dec 28 2004, 06:23 PM Wrote:I'm actually glad they scrapped the projects.  They were completely changing around the interface; getting rid of the point+click so it would be more like an action game with a few puzzles in it, as well as changing the style of graphics so nothing looked the same.  Doing stuff like that takes away the reason people played those old adventure games.  Just look at what happened with Monkey Island when they changed the interface and graphics.
[right][snapback]63748[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm, well I didnt see anything about Full Throttle 2 untill after I found out it was cancelled, and as for Sam n Max I was just glad that they were doing something other than rogue squadron: the reiteration.

And hey, The Curse of Monkey Island was awesome. The first one to go away from the bottom taskbard/better graphics and it was perfection. Murray the Evil Demonic Talking Skull, the singing pirate barbers/bucaneer hairstylists, and of course rhyming insult swordfighting. I really can't complain about that one at all.

As for the fully 3D one: I havent had a chance to play it, so I really cant say if its good or not.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"