What can I do?
Alright, so I'm probably going to be buying WoW tomorrow or the next day. What I'm wondering is, is there anything I can do ahead of time to cut down on downtime once I do get the game. Like for instance, can I go somewhere and download the patches that I will need? Can I go create an account and such without a cd-key so that when I get one I can enter it and play. What all can be done to get rid of downtime between purchasing and playing the game?
swirly,Dec 29 2004, 12:14 AM Wrote:Alright, so I'm probably going to be buying WoW tomorrow or the next day.  What I'm wondering is, is there anything I can do ahead of time to cut down on downtime once I do get the game.  Like for instance, can I go somewhere and download the patches that I will need?  Can I go create an account and such without a cd-key so that when I get one I can enter it and play.  What all can be done to get rid of downtime between purchasing and playing the game?
[right][snapback]63793[/snapback][/right]

Strange question.

Your account is tied to your CD key. The patch will download when you install and register.

The patch mirror and patch download are here

Patch notes.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/...2048DAD31.app05

Beyond that, ya gotta do it to "get it." :w00t:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete