Fury/Arms PvP Warrior
After two respecs (first I thought Polearms were THE thing, then I thought shields were THE thing), I've finally decided to be a bit more normal and do something that's very effective and PvP and still reasonably effective in PvE.

The Talent lineup looks something like this:

Fury Mastery

Cruelty - 5/5 - More critting is always better, and it synergizes beautifully with Flurry.

Improved Demoralizing Shout - 5/5 - Improvement on a frequently used skill, and it's a prerequisite for Piercing Howl.

Piercing Howl - 1/1 - Limited utility in PvP (Daze is great, but six seconds is way too short), but it's the perfect snare for PvE play when you don't want monsters tearing off at your squishy casters before you can cement them back onto you.

Improved Battle Shout - 5/5 - Improvement on a frequently used skill. Also makes you a tad more party-friendly.

Enrage - 5/5 - A bit too eccentric for my tastes, but it's useful, and it's required for the sublime Flurry. Works very well against Rogues and other crit-focused Warriors.

Improved Execute - 2/2 - Improves a useful skill, but there are other places you can spend these two points (Unbridled Wrath?) if you don't like or use Execute often. I find it useful for killing people who heal after they hit the 20% mark. Case in point: if you use Cosmos' CombatCaller, I suggest setting it to 25% or 30% so you don't get Executed.

Improved Intercept - 2/2 - Again, not really my favorite choice of skills, but it's useful. Unbridled Wrath would be a decent place to put these points.

Flurry - 5/5 - The sheer reason we exist - a temporary, passive significant boost to your DPS for three swings. How can this be bad, ever? The only thing that sucks is that we don't have as easy a time getting it as Shaman do.

Arms Mastery

Deflection - 5/5 - Virtually every Arms build starts here. Parry = Dodge without a chance of Overpower. Use it, abuse it, love it.

Improved Rend - 3/3 - Improvement to your only (controlled) DoT ability. Smack Rogues with it to keep them from going bye-bye, and use it with reckless abandon. Its only drawback is inability to use it in Berserker Stance, even though it fits the Berserker Stance theme perfectly (reminds me of the Werewolf-Lycanthropy link in D2.)

Tactical Mastery - 5/5 - A full five points here is not necessary, but they never hurt. If you want, you can ditch two points here for Improved Charge, which will marginally increase your soloing effectiveness, but hurt your PvP effectiveness. Regardless, being able to switch stances and retain an adequate amount of Rage is integral to PvPing effectively.

Improved Overpower - 2/2 - I swear this skill makes me wet myself every time I think about it. A massive, fifty-percent boost to your chance to crit on an Overpower (is it a flat +50% or is it a true percentage - e.g., does 10% become 60% or 15%?) means you're going to hit those Rogues HARD when they Dodge, and means you're very likely to reapply Deep Wounds while you're at it. And if this triggers Flurry, this skill becomes positively golden (someone verify?)

Deep Wounds - 3/3 - Part of the wonderful synergy of death that is the Arms/Fury build. A little less effective with one-handers, a little more effective with two-handers. It's basically Rend for free whenever you happen to crit, which you will be doing often.

Impale - 2/2 - Make those Overpowers hurt just a little bit more. Limited utility, but it's better than other Arms talents (Improved Thunder Clap? Please.) Besides, you need these two points to get....

Sweeping Strikes - 1/1 - More useful in PvE than PvP, but if you go Arms, you get this talent. It's really just that simple. Mortal Strike used to be THE Arms talent (and for one-handed users, it still is), but I'd take Sweeping Strikes with Flurry over Mortal Strike any day. Occasionally you'll find yourself facing more than one opponent in PvP combat at the same time, and Sweeping Strikes works well in that case. I imagine it will really shine in Battlegrounds - kill a priest and a mage at the same time, and your team will love you (not that they'd be stupid enough to stand still for it, but it's a thought.)

Now that we have that out of the way...

For this build, you're going to want to dual-wield. Yes, I know it sucks, swallows, and begs for more against mobs more than a couple levels higher than you, but thankfully those rules don't apply to PvP combat, and you can still fight efficiently against mobs near your level. While I'd love to dual-wield axes and get Axe Spec, there just aren't enough talent points to do so (and you'd make all the newbies cry "IMBA!")

Since we're focusing on an unholy critical-hit synergy of horrific death, you should be focusing on Agility as your primary attribute, as it increases crit chance (whee!), Parry chance (I think), and Dodge chance (ugh.) The secondary stat you focus on is up to you - if you want to hit like a truck on crank, boost Strength. If you want to survive being hit by a truck on crank, boost Stamina. Spirit is a tertiary concern, since it helps reduce downtime post-combat, but honestly I'd rather use a bandage than sit around for a minute. Intellect has absolutely no use to us at all, unless you want to learn your weapons a smidgeon faster.

Since we aren't using shields or the Toughness talent, you shouldn't place Armor rating before stats. Granted, you don't want to be using a 100-Armor piece of armor (hah, I made a funny) with good stats over a 350-Armor piece of armor (haha!) with mediocre stats, but you get my point. I think. The only exception I've noticed would be the Triprunner Dungarees, which grant a downright scary +18 bonus to AGI. I haven't worn them yet (Thermaplugg thrashed my three-man group), but my opinion may change if they make me look like a Boy Scout.

For Professions, if you don't have people to support you (or you're like me and feel a certain sense of pride in being able to make and use armor and weapons you made yourself), Mining/Blacksmithing is great. I intend on going Armorsmith (since AFAIK, everyone and their grandma's gonna be a Weaponsmith), which is a tad unusual for an offense-oriented Warrior. Also keep in mind that you will be the only person in your group able to open locked chests and lockboxes if you don't have a Rogue with you, since Skeleton Keys can only be used with smiths with the appropriate skill level. If you have smithing covered or you aren't a prideful bastard like me, Herbalism/Alchemy can make some very useful potions (Healing Potions, the weapon oils, and buff potions) for you and your group; Tauren get a bonus to their Herbalism skill, which is certainly a nice boon. Mining/Engineering gives you the ability to make and use bombs and dynamite, as well as make some useful headgear (though with the ability to wear any kind of armor, you might find them somewhat useless) and combat and noncombat pets. Other than those combinations, I'd suggest going the feeder route (generally Mining/Skinning, though you could go Herbalism/Skinning if you REALLY wanted to) and feed your friends or Auction House fiends with supplies, because Skinning/Leatherworking really doesn't make anything terrifically useful for you other than armor patches and the occasional piece of Leather armor used to make a (better) piece of Mail or Plate armor.

As for PvP...

As far as I've been able to tell, Warriors are generally best at tying up other melee classes (Rogues, especially) while your other teammates beat the living crap out of everything else. If a Rogue is attacking one of your squishier teammates (and they will), punch Bloodrage (if you don't have 15 Rage, since stupid Blizzard nerfed the damage but not the Rage cost), switch to Berserker Stance, and Intercept the bastard. Follow up with a Hamstring (or, [deity] forbid, a Piercing Howl) to keep them from ignoring you and chasing them.

If there aren't a lot of melee classes (which is unlikely, especially since the Alliance scum have some sort of unholy obsession with Paladins), chase Mages or Priests around. Mages will root you, and Priests will fear you, but while they're busy keeping you off their ass, they're not paying attention to the Rogue sneaking up on them. And besides, since they'll run at least eight yards away from you (or you them, if you get Feared), you can come back with an Intercept to teach them the error of their ways, and make them that much easier for the Rogue to catch.

If you get swarmed, hit Retaliation (if it's available) and ask for healing until they realize how stupid it is to attack you while Retaliation is active and choose to chase someone else (another invitation for Intercept!) If they INSIST on sticking to you as Retaliation ends (perhaps you slandered their mother?), hit Intimidating Shout right after Piercing Howl and cackle with glee as they run around at half speed while being blasted by your buddies. Make sure not to touch the person you targetted so they get to stand there like a little pansy while you drink a potion or use First Aid.

There ARE a few things to note about PvP that (AFAIK) don't apply to PvE:

Fear has diminishing returns. As I recall, you can only be Feared three times inside a single three-minute period. Since Intimidating Shout is on a three-minute timer, you never have to consider this if you're alone, but if you're teamed with a Priest or Warlock and they've already used Fear once, think before using Intimidating Shout. The first time you get Feared, it (usually) lasts for the full duration (generally eight seconds of running around like an idiot.) The second time, there's a chance it'll break early (that is, not go for the full duration.) The third time, there's a significant chance it will break. The fourth time, you're utterly immune, meaning there won't be a fourth time inside that three-minute window. Someone please verify that I have that correct. Either way, it's something you should keep in mind when fighting with or against Warlocks, Priests, and other Fear-happy players.

Mind Control is fun. If your team has clearly won the battle, feel free to have your Priest Mind Control the tank (since tanks are usually the last ones left in a PvP skirmish, oddly enough) and have him go do amusing things. Fun things include: jumping off of (high) cliffsides, running in circles, training mobs into other Alliance scum (TONS of fun), or force them to tank for you (even more fun than training.)

By the way, this post looks much prettier (but just as disorganized) on the Lurker Lounge forums ^_^
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
This is actually almost identical to the talent spec I'm switching to. I think my disillusionment with the defensive tree is almost total at this point. It just seems that defensive gives you an extremely marginal benefit to your ability to tank, and it really isn't very good for soloing or pvp either. Flurry looks very interesting, and I hear that chicks dig critical hits. But eventually I'll probably try both this and the traditional mortal strike build, and see which one is more fun.
Yeah, you realize that the Protection tree pretty much sucks excepting Improved Bloodrage-Last Stand and Concussion Blow, and neither of those is worth sacrificing Flurry for.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.