Blame it on Canada
Thanks, Canada, for the gift of that nice Canadian air. It usually just comes down hear and cleans out the Gulf crud and humidity, but this is a bonus. My mother in law just had a moderate apoplexy, for it is now snowing here in Corpus Christi, Texas.

That doesn't happen often. We'd been hearing a lot of weather forecasts in the past few days about cold weather, in the 20's and 30, with attendant freezing rain.

When we left the house, my car was covered in a nice sheet of ice/sleet, which reminded the kids of the snow covered cars in Connecticut when we lived there. There had been any number of comments areound my house this year about missing a snowy Christmas here in the balmy Gulf Coast.

Thanks, Canada, for sending us a White Christmas. This is a rare treat.

All I have to do now is survive the drive home in a city where darned near no one knows how to drive in icy conditions.

Merry Christmas all

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Canada must have taken the snow from where I live to give to you. No snow here. <_< Actually, we very very rarely get a white Christmas. Usually it's more like a white... February... *sigh*. Once there was a freak snow shower in April. That was fun.

The local ski slope however, is finally getting some as of tonight, and hopefully they'll open up more runs soon. :)
Occhidiangela,Dec 24 2004, 09:12 PM Wrote:All I have to do now is survive the drive home in a city where darned near no one knows how to drive in icy conditions.

[right][snapback]63512[/snapback][/right]

And I thought I had it rough when the sleet starts. At least some drivers here know how to deal with it.

Merry Christmas to you and yours too. :)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Occhidiangela,Dec 24 2004, 10:12 PM Wrote:Thanks, Canada, for the gift of that nice Canadian air.
[right][snapback]63512[/snapback][/right]

I accidently farted in that last batch of air we sent you. Sorry :blush:

In Southern Ontario, we definitely have a white Christmas. We got 30 cm (12 inches for you metrically challenged folks) of snow yesterday, and the temperature has dropped to -13°C ensuring that the snow will stay for awhile.

It just ain't Christmas without snow.
Thanks for letting us where I live get a little crust of snow. We have enough snow to cover people's lawns where I am, but that's about it so far. Of course, it is much colder than it has been in the past few years which is pretty cool.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Here is a picture I just took. This was taken from inside my home. Frost and ice has built up on the inside of my patio door due to warm, moist indoor air meeting freezing cold outdoor air.

[Image: 000_0768.jpg]

edit: indoor air is warm, not cold
Far be it for me to correct a moderator but I think you are thanking the wrong people. Your snow was a gift from the kind people here in Minnesota. We felt you had been too long deprived so we sent you some of ours. I looked out the window today and saw patches of grass and snow. We are way behind our usual totals, mainly because we chose to share. You have heard the term "Minnesota Nice" haven't you? ;)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Dec 25 2004, 12:55 AM Wrote:Far be it for me to correct a moderator but I think you are thanking the wrong people.&nbsp; Your snow was a gift from the kind people here in Minnesota.&nbsp; We felt you had been too long deprived so we sent you some of ours.&nbsp; I looked out the window today and saw patches of grass and snow.&nbsp; We are way behind our usual totals, mainly because we chose to share.&nbsp; You have heard the term "Minnesota Nice" haven't you?&nbsp; ;)
[right][snapback]63533[/snapback][/right]

News Update: Victoria got 12 inches last night.

(Victoria, Texas had 12 inches of snow. Victoria is a town halfway from here to Houston on US Route 77-59, and IIRC there is a lurker from there.) I hope your holiday travel be better than it is here in the coastal bend. Local freeways here were closed by Texas DPS and the State Troopers due to unsafe conditions last night. Unsafe due, I think, to the combination of freezing roads and high rube count in the local driving population.

We measured this morning. 4" of snow, almost exactly, as determined by the junior rogue with a ruler from the base of the Basketball goal.

After midnight mass last night, which was sparsely attended, we headed home around 0100. The snow was coming down steadily. The kids, 12 and 15, were completely pumped: SNOW! The got bundled up and went tearing around in the snow. I went to bed. Been there, done that, been up since 5 AM.

Got up this morning about 0815, and I hear the dog barking. He wants to join the kids out front playing in the snow.

They've been up all night????????

No, Mrs Occhi got them to bed about 0230. Pictures a plenty, it seems, and the slush is turning into a lovely shade of gray/brown. :)

White Christmas in Corpus Christi is as rare as three virgins and a wise man. ANd they are sledding on the golf course. :whistling:

Merry Christmas, to all

Chilly Rogue
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
There's almost no snow in this part of canuk-land. We must have sent all our snow to you. *Looks out his window at the brown, dead grass* Can you send some of it back? I like a light covering of snow..
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Snow in Texas? 50(F) Degree Weather in Boston the day before Christmas?

What is the world coming to :P .

Merry Christmas,

Munk
Munkay,Dec 25 2004, 11:31 AM Wrote:Snow in Texas?&nbsp; 50(F) Degree Weather in Boston the day before Christmas?

What is the world coming to&nbsp; :P .

Merry Christmas,

Munk
[right][snapback]63544[/snapback][/right]

The snow is following the population. Soon there will be blizards in Florida and Arizona, and West Virginia and Ohio will get nothing.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Aaah ! I knew I wanted to tease somebody specifically about this snowfall , I just couldn't remember who .... :whistling:

I caught this one in the news a few days ago , this hasn't happened there since 1895 or roundabouts ? :unsure: Presently I'm sitting on only about 4-5 inches of snow (way up here in New Hampster ;) ) , and I'm very dissappointed :P !
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
TaMeOlta,Dec 27 2004, 10:08 AM Wrote:Aaah ! I knew I wanted to tease somebody specifically about this snowfall&nbsp; , I just couldn't remember who ....&nbsp; :whistling:

I caught this one in the news a few days ago , this hasn't happened there since 1895 or roundabouts ?&nbsp; :unsure: Presently I'm sitting on only about 4-5 inches of snow (way up here in New Hampster ;) )&nbsp; , and I'm very dissappointed&nbsp; :P&nbsp; !
[right][snapback]63629[/snapback][/right]

Oh no! We have another Granite Stater in our midsts? I'm visiting my parents who live on the Seacoast. We got around 5 inches as well.

I'm very disappointed as well. A whole day and night of snowing?! For 5 inches! Bah!

This is not the New Hampshire way.

:P

Cheers,

Munk